Current Page: 9 of 10
Dating/relationship possible with a LEC fan?
Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: November 14, 2004 12:59PM

automaticftp
Montreal--

Good questions all.

She started dropping what I recognized as jargon on the second date. She asked if I'd like to go on our third, and penultimate, date. On the fourth and last, she was really focusing on it.

I'd have a difficult time saying her sole purpose was to recruit me--it didn't come up until she referenced it in passing and I mentioned I had heard of it (typical understatement for me). Possible, of course, but I didn't think so. And it was quite the reverse--I wouldn't continue to date her unless she dropped it--I told her I was very happy it was such a good experience for her, but that I "chose" not to--using the word "chose" deliberately based on input from folks very early in the thread.

Although some of her conversation, in hindsight, was quite Landmarkian, I have to say the vast majority of it was not. She struck me as being on the edge of commitment to Landmark--she'd done the Forum but nothing else. And I have to admit as soon as I hear "Landmark" I am, for all practical purposes, done.

As far as anything standing out, one thing does--as soon as both "Landmark" women I've dated have touched on it, they change noticeably--the first woman, and the inspiration of this thread, less so because she was thoroughly indoctrinated. The second woman became more insistent and focused--much less able to change conversation topics, for example, where previously she was able to just roll with the conversation. The biggest thing I notice is that Landmark folks, IMO, have a severely limited range of humor and intellectual capacity when discussing Landmark. As an almost lawyer, I find that effect fascinating--it is VERY similar to defendant's, civil or criminal, who insist they did nothing wrong.

Hope that covers it!

Best,

Auto

Hello Auto,

Thank you for the response. After reading a few of the posts on [groups.yahoo.com] I too find the Landmark Effect quite fascinating.

All the best to you too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: November 19, 2004 08:06AM

automaticftp
All--

I'd be grateful for some thoughts on whether it is possible to date someone who has been to both the forum and the advanced course.

Background: I've recently "met" (virtually) someone who I'm interested in dating. Having read a variety of materials both on this forum and on Rick's site, I'd like to be cautious but not paranoid. I've never been to any LEC events and have no interest in them. Obviously if she starts the "you've gotta GO to REALLY understand..." thing, I'll advance in a different direction, as the infantry puts it...

I've graduated from a variety of some of the hardest Army schools that exist (Ranger school, SFAS, sniper, airborne, air assault, etc., not to mention the first Gulf war), some of which sound rather like a cross between LGAT and highly persuasive sales techniques. I'm also a law student and have an embarrassingly high iq score and have, I think, a very sensitive bs detector. Finally, I've got a degree in philosophy and LOL at what they pass off as 'philosophy.' So I'm reasonably confident I'll see something coming in a one-on-one setting.

I suppose my bottom line question is this: is forewarned really forearmed in a one on one setting? I'd appreciate your thoughts, and apologies to all if this isn't appropo...

Best,

Auto

u seem determined to go after reading some of the other posts
here and im not trying to be sarcastic or any but if in the future u sleep
with your girlfriend and u ask her how it was , dont come unglued
if she tells u it was empty and meaningless. u could actually
do a before and after thing here.

on the other hand if u join up landmark u wont care because your
mind will trigger itself into the there is no truth mode and u will
just think its one of her rackets :)

if u insist on going why dont u take a stand to come back
and tell us how it isnt a cult or not.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: November 19, 2004 10:46AM

in case u insist on going would u like to be real honest with
us now and then in case u do go u will have some of your already
thinking things here so we can discuss it.

how about it. what a great moment to learn.

patiently awaiting your response.

i hope u dont go but just in case :roll:

Posted by: automaticftp ()
Date: November 19, 2004 12:56PM

Patrick--

Thanks for writing--I appreciate your thoughts. I wrote my original post last December. I went out with her once, sparred for a while, and then she emailed to the effect that I lacked a certain "warmth" that she needed.

I have no interest in going to a forum, or anything else like it. Life is quite full and exciting enough, thank you!

Best,

Auto.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 12, 2007 10:52AM

LE women are some manipulative ones... I agree with all of the above posters.

You've gone far in life.

Service, law dgree.

You're finding women in Landmark. Unfortunately they had no direction and LE gave them some sort of status and purpose.

Glad you didn't fall for it.

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: August 13, 2007 01:38AM

Right.... the flaming arrogance of these pompous little twits[/size:971a633e94].... putting themselves up on a pedestal, as if they were authorities on the subject of sex, love, and all the nuanced things that happen in the vacinity of sex, love, passion, loyalty, friendship..... I've learned one major lesson in life, well, at least one, and that is this.... the most intimate human connections cannot ever be reduced to formulas... notwithstanding that, there is a huge industry out there peddling "sex formulas", "love formulas".... "romance formulas"..... and almost all of it read like it was written by someone who has occasional lousy sex, hangs out with icky boring people, and indulges in dopey fantasies cobbled together from catalogues, soap operas, bodice ripper genre romance novels.... and in the final analysis, it is just the dumbest, most leaden, uninspired slog from one dreadful cliche to the next.... like someone once said of Warren Harding's speeches, "an army of words marching back and forth in search of a purpose"..... what, exactly, qualifies these Know It Alls to speak so broadly on the subjest, anyway ?

Date: August 13, 2007 05:25AM

nutrino
..... what, exactly, qualifies these Know It Alls to speak so broadly on the subjest, anyway ?

They paid for it, and in turn, became advertisers that pay they product they advertise.

Posted by: hipo ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:15AM

:shock: I'm starting to get overwhelmed by all the posts about this Landmark. I never heard of this company before. I started reading here after a friend of mine left the country to "pursue his dream" and started talking in a cult-like manner about his Landmark thing. I posted about this in another thread asking for information, not expecting people even having heard about Landmark. I was very wrong!

Right now I feel outraged about this place. At some point my friend started badmouthing a friend we have in common because "he didn't get Landmark at all". And now that I'm thinking about him, it's been a while since last time we communicated.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: August 15, 2007 04:48AM

hipo
:shock: I'm starting to get overwhelmed by all the posts about this Landmark. I never heard of this company before. .

Landmark is like a drug. Once people get sucked in, it is as difficult to get rid of the brainwashing like getting rid of any addiction.

Landmark is a VERY DANGEROUS organization.

I have a friend who has been heavily involved in Landmark for more than five years. And now she is suddenly talking things like "shit organization" "shit Landmark""pressuring people to do what they don't want to do" and so on ...

I am quite happy about that but I guess within a few month some Landmark freaks will get her back on the track

Date: August 15, 2007 06:22AM

MartinH
hipo
:shock: I'm starting to get overwhelmed by all the posts about this Landmark. I never heard of this company before. .

Landmark is like a drug. Once people get sucked in, it is as difficult to get rid of the brainwashing like getting rid of any addiction.

Probably a reason why they don't want drug abusers or addicts to join (as stated in the "sign your soul away" registration form).

Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.