Current Page: 8 of 10
Dating/relationship possible with a LEC fan?
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: March 19, 2004 01:18PM

Someone from this discussion board passed to me a testimony located below. It is the story of a couple who experienced much pain in their relationship when one of them was introduced to Landmark by an old friend.

I relate to the man in this story 100% in what I have experienced over the last 6 months although it was written in 1995!

I hope this story helps those who have lost their Wife/Husband/partner/girlfriend/boyfriend to Landmark in a way that lets them know they are not alone in their pain. There are many of us throughout the world.

I hope it is also of benefit to those who are recovering from the effects of Landmark so they become gently aware of the communication gulf that may have existed between the ones they held so dear in their life prior to entering Landmark.
[www.dike.de]

Oz

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: March 27, 2004 08:35AM

In a "mens group" i belong to, some guy just made this post, here is an excerpt. Its about an older man chasing after a young woman, and taking 9 Landmark courses, to be close to her. She will only meet him for a "Landmark group breakfast".
Is this a typical Landmark technique as well?
If it is, its totally brilliant.

Coz

--------

Thanks for the feedback. I have never been on a one on one date with this girl. I met her at a Landmark Seminar when she had moved from the other side of the room and sat next to me and we shared our most itimate details (part of the seminar) with each other. Afterward, we exchanged phone numbers and she called me two days later and asked me to meet her and her group for breakfast.

As we two walked around the plaza together, she let me know she was single and had no rings on her fingers. But this girl is beautiful and 30 years younger than me. So except for 9 seminars and 2 breakfast meals together, I don't know her. But last time we had breakfast outside together as I was rubbing my knee against hers, I commented "I am the Eggman", she looked at me with her big blue eyes as she grabbed the ketchup from my hand and said "I am the Walrus". I think we are a couple.

What is weird is she never calls me anymore she sends me emails, what is that about?

But I am falling in love with this girl and think she is very special.

Posted by: kittypaw ()
Date: May 14, 2004 12:00AM

I just got this email from a friend who took the Advanced Course. They ARE trained only to reproduce with each other. Ack!

--
Thanks! The 10 week seminar is attached to the Forum and it's almost over. D is my seminar class and it ends next week. But the Advanced Course is something else!

It looks like now I've really limited my resources as far as lovers go...it's important that they be Landmark graduates or are about to take the course.

---

Posted by: Marcos ()
Date: June 14, 2004 10:25PM

I remember when I finished my "training" I felt like I could only date/marry someone who had gone through what I had gone through. I remember sitting in an airport with some of my friends and talking about that exactly. We talked about the fact that we would only be able to date people who were open to experiencing Harmony. Otherwise how difficult would it be to be with someone so closed off and unable to feel. They needed Harmony to open them up.

After I came back, we met some graduates who asked my girlfriend if she was going to go, she basically said Hell No. And they said with a dreamy look on their face, I couldn't even imagine not going after my significant other had gone because then we wouldn't have been on the same level.

I can distinctly remember feeling that way. They "empower" you to feel superior and somehow "open" because of your experience. After that, how could you ever think of dating someone who wasn't also "open".

Posted by: Montreal ()
Date: October 27, 2004 03:29AM

I would of loved to read what was written, but these two links are not working, :(

Very interesting what Kiko wrote, about what he was experiencing in the Trance state,,,

[unstress4less.org]

[forum.culteducation.com][/quote]

Date: October 27, 2004 12:29PM

Does any one know what "HRLP" means? I'm not familiar with this lingo.[/quote]

Human Resources Leadership Program

That's all I found.... as far as Internet Lingo,, never saw it,, unless it was a typo error, and meant "HELP" ???? could also mean,,,
Hello Recruiting Landmark Prey :lol:

Posted by: automaticftp ()
Date: November 13, 2004 12:20PM

All--

Well, since posting this thread I've been fortunate to have been in a couple of serious relationships with folks who have not been to Landmark. At the close of the second, I dated someone briefly who seemed terrific--until she mentioned the "Forum" and was amazed I had heard of it.

As you can all imagine, she then got more and more insistent that I go to the next Forum. Rather than provoke more "intellectual masturbation" I simply thanked her for her time and said I wanted to move in the proverbial different direction. My last contact with her was via email, where she asked again if I would go. Silence, hopefully, will clue her in...

Best,

Auto

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 13, 2004 12:39PM

Auto, its great to hear from you!

Thanks for the update.

From recall it may have been the start of the year you last posted. What is interesting is that in all that time, nothing really changes. The Landmark victims are still out there among us in society and we are all bound to come across them from time to time. What is so sad is that they all think and act the same while really they think they are individuals.

To love someone who is a Landmarkian hurts the heart and soul for they think and act according to another realm of reality that is far away from what is real/factual/truthful. There is no honesty, just the Landmark re-definition of "being authentic". There is no logic or as someone has written:

"there is no meeting of the minds".

I hope you are okay. Please feel free to vent.

Oz

Date: November 14, 2004 12:30AM

automaticftp
All--

Well, since posting this thread I've been fortunate to have been in a couple of serious relationships with folks who have not been to Landmark. At the close of the second, I dated someone briefly who seemed terrific--until she mentioned the "Forum" and was amazed I had heard of it.

As you can all imagine, she then got more and more insistent that I go to the next Forum. Rather than provoke more "intellectual masturbation" I simply thanked her for her time and said I wanted to move in the proverbial different direction. My last contact with her was via email, where she asked again if I would go. Silence, hopefully, will clue her in...

Best,

Auto

Hello Auto,

Out of curiosity:

- How long did it take for her, once you started dating her, to ask you to take the "Forum" courses?

- What was her reaction, when you refused?

- Would you say now, that her main goal in the relationship was to recruit you, and would only continue dating you if you would take these courses?

- While dating, would you say that her conversations to you, where based on what is taught at Landmark?

- Now that you have dated a Landmarkian, apart from the request of taking the "Forum" courses, does anything else stand out, which is quite different to the other females you have dated?

Posted by: automaticftp ()
Date: November 14, 2004 03:50AM

Montreal--

Good questions all.

She started dropping what I recognized as jargon on the second date. She asked if I'd like to go on our third, and penultimate, date. On the fourth and last, she was really focusing on it.

I'd have a difficult time saying her sole purpose was to recruit me--it didn't come up until she referenced it in passing and I mentioned I had heard of it (typical understatement for me). Possible, of course, but I didn't think so. And it was quite the reverse--I wouldn't continue to date her unless she dropped it--I told her I was very happy it was such a good experience for her, but that I "chose" not to--using the word "chose" deliberately based on input from folks very early in the thread.

Although some of her conversation, in hindsight, was quite Landmarkian, I have to say the vast majority of it was not. She struck me as being on the edge of commitment to Landmark--she'd done the Forum but nothing else. And I have to admit as soon as I hear "Landmark" I am, for all practical purposes, done.

As far as anything standing out, one thing does--as soon as both "Landmark" women I've dated have touched on it, they change noticeably--the first woman, and the inspiration of this thread, less so because she was thoroughly indoctrinated. The second woman became more insistent and focused--much less able to change conversation topics, for example, where previously she was able to just roll with the conversation. The biggest thing I notice is that Landmark folks, IMO, have a severely limited range of humor and intellectual capacity when discussing Landmark. As an almost lawyer, I find that effect fascinating--it is VERY similar to defendant's, civil or criminal, who insist they did nothing wrong.

Hope that covers it!

Best,

Auto

Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.