Champions Workshop
Posted by: pink79 ()
Date: February 02, 2007 09:39PM

I recently attended my first Champions Workshop. A friend said that it was a life changing experience for her and thought I'd feel the same.

I attended with an open mind and enjoyed listening to the speaker but started feeling that it was all staged. When I asked questions, I was repeatedly told that they did not have the answers, I had the answers and I really needed a PM weekend. When I said that I really couldn't afford that kind of money ($795 regularly, $395 special if I booked right there and then) I was told that I needed to take off my sunglasses.

Not sunglasses dear heart, cold, hard reality; not in the budget.

People helping people. I don't think so.

At the end, it was revealed that more than half of the attendees were "graduates". My question then was why were they there? Hadn't they learned how to make the changes? Was a refresher course needed?

They spent a long time assisting in filling out forms that I'm sure my five-year-old daughter could fill out. I slipped quietly out the door with my prize: a book by the founder, normally $20, the price of my admission, which interestingly enough, retails for much less.

I wish my friend well if this works for her but it's not for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Champions Workshop
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:02AM

LGATs "pad" the audience with graduates to show happy, smiling followers of the program, and to give "testimony" about their dirty past to set a precedent for new members. It's a typical cult tactic. Because newbies want to feel accepted, they start patterning themselves after the more experienced members-- using the language, etc.

Most LGATs allow graduates to re-attend the beginner sessions free, just for this reason.

Champions Workshop
Posted by: felixcatski ()
Date: February 10, 2007 11:58PM

pink79, would this seminar have been by Klemmer & Associates by any chance?

Champions Workshop
Posted by: firebrand ()
Date: February 12, 2007 10:40AM

Please see my experience at personal mastery under Klemmer & Associates. I also attended Champions Worshop. Try this link too
[board.culteducation.com]

Champions Workshop
Posted by: pink79 ()
Date: February 20, 2007 05:11AM

Yes felix it was Klemmer & Associates. Now all my friend can talk about is The Secret and how important it was that Oprah was endorsing it and she would make me a copy of it to watch and now this will change my life.

Ha!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.