Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
procedure
Posted by: shellbon24 ()
Date: November 19, 2003 07:59AM

Hello everyone! I am doing a sociology project for class at UC Berkeley and I am extremely interested in the procedure that was used during sessions in any program or cult that you were/are involved in. What did the moderators have you do in terms of reliving past experiences? What was it like to be involved? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle

Options: ReplyQuote
procedure
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: November 19, 2003 06:23PM

Michelle,

Your innocence of the subject and the sensitivities of those that have been through these horrific events is apparent.
We are not "degree" fodder.

I certainly am not interested in being part of your "project". There are plenty of other sources you can find all the sordid details of who did what to whom and how they did it.

As far what I write here or other places goes, it is all copyright and you need my permission to reprint, quote, or use in any fashion.

Other will have their own feelings on the matter.
Rick has plenty of testimonials on his site plus many other resources. Ask him for assistance.

Guy

procedure
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 19, 2003 09:44PM

anything I've written on this forum for your project. Do a Google search and you' ll find plenty of information, both pro and con. Thanks.

Hope

procedure
Date: November 19, 2003 11:33PM

Guy (and any others)

My innocence is apparent because I am extremely naive on this subject....the only basis I have is what my professor, Richard Ofshe, has offered on the subject, and from what I can gather from him, "horrific" is an understatement.

I have absolutely no wish to offend you, and you are certainly not considered part of some project or statistic....The reason I tried to sound light in my note is because I did not want to offend you further by pretending to know about something that I absolutely cannot fathom.

The paper topic is actually related to theater work, as my paper is a comparison....It deals more with procedure, and not with individual experience. Telling me your emotion would help, but I am much more interested in what happened inside the program in steps. I have found that it is related to what actors use when they are recalling memories in character work.

I offer my sincerest apology at my offense, and hope that you will see that I am not trying to impose, but simply to learn.

Thank you
Michelle

procedure
Date: November 20, 2003 02:28AM

Hope
anything I've written on this forum for your project. Do a Google search and you' ll find plenty of information, both pro and con. Thanks.

Hope

I think I am being misunderstood....I will not, and did not have the intention to pull things from this forum. I was only inquiring that if anyone had anything to share with me personally, then they could either post or pm me. I do not wish to interfere in your lives, but there are some who may want their voices heard and I am giving them an opportunity to do so.

Side note: No one but my teacher will be reading these.

Also, just so you know, this is what I got when I Google-searched. It came right to this forum.

procedure
Date: November 20, 2003 05:26AM

Michelle,

Thank you for the apology.

Your being misunderstood comes from you not being forthcoming in your intentions.
When you don't say what you are going to do with the information, it leaves it up to us to surmise your intentions.
You are not the first person in my history to say "I'm doing a school project, can you tell me about...".
Our voices are heard and we already have the opportunity to do so.

There are other places to look for your information.
Try [www.culteducation.com] for example, rick has some great testimonials and loads of information.
There are many books on the subject that would help you.
"The Guru Papers" by Kramer and Alstad is one I recommend.
There is a web page somewhere with an article written by Dick Sutphen that is on your topic...I can't remember the URL, but someone here will know it.

When you step into the den be careful of the kitties.

Guy

procedure
Date: November 20, 2003 06:40AM

the guru papers are amazing... Thanks a lot Guy....and sorry about all the confusion....this has been a learning experience for me that's for sure.

Michelle

procedure
Date: November 20, 2003 09:33AM

Michelle,

Invite Richard Ofshe to come and chat with us.
My guess is that he'll decline.

Guy

procedure
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 20, 2003 10:29AM

all the articles on Rick Ross.com?? I hope you don't blame us for being a bit suspicious. It seems as if you're asking for info that already has been well researched and published. Also, as far as getting our story out, would this project extend outside of your class? I admit to being a bit paranoid when it comes to LEC, but the promise of getting my story out has been used to bite me in the behind once before. I'm sorry I cannot help you and wish you luck with your project.

procedure
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: November 20, 2003 11:14AM

Correct me if I am wrong Michelle but, are you inquiring as to the meathods of mind control, persuasion, cooersion, and even hypnosis used by the LEC seminar gurus at their brainwashing orgies?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.