Current Page: 2 of 3
Landmark education business development
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 17, 2006 04:55AM

sonnie_dee

as far as I know LEBD is strongly connected to LEC, impressive record of clients, also scary

LEBD is a subsidery of Landmark Education.

Many of the "consultants" who work for LEBD also either volunteer with landmark or are course leaders.

I know when I was on staff, we were given a brief overview of what LEBD does, whether its true or not I couldn't say but what we were told is that they work with the company management to develop a programme that is based on some of the "technology" of the forum and other LEC courses.

I do know that they are only interested in companies that have several hundred staff. They used to do a promotion of LEBD And then give out sheets to those interested but they only followed up on those with more then 300- 500 staff

Probably they need that many staff that way they can have an adequate number for the Large Group Awareness Training - catered to businesses.

This blogger went through the Landmark Education Business Development version of the Landmark Forum. She calls it "Landmark Lite". [jscross.blogspot.com] - [jscross.blogspot.com]

It sounds almost verbatim exactly the same as the Landmark Forum. So I wonder if all that Landmark Education Business Development does - is give The Landmark Forum inside companies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 17, 2006 12:46PM

ajinajan

I wonder if any of the clients above are FULLY aware of the controversial history surrounding Landmark Education, and chose to hire Landmark Education Business Development anyway?

I don't think anyone is [i:9cfa177ab3]fully [/i:9cfa177ab3]aware. I mean, people make all sorts of purchasing decisions without knowing the [i:9cfa177ab3]whole[/i:9cfa177ab3] story. For instance, look at the number of clothing and apparel companies hiring 'sweat shop' labour. Eventually, through an exchange of information, these businesses pay the consequences.

With LEC's bias on 'free' labour, it can only mean that those companies involved are trying to push the bar even lower. If not to the ground, then certainly to a point where employees lose even more rights. I know I'm stretching it...but you do have to wonder what aspects of LEC's business model other companies will take on.

But take heart, it is the kind of information available here and on similar sites that can guide the cult-weiry. Keep up the great investigative work!

Date: December 17, 2006 01:33PM

Jack Oskar Larm
ajinajan

I wonder if any of the clients above are FULLY aware of the controversial history surrounding Landmark Education, and chose to hire Landmark Education Business Development anyway?

I don't think anyone is [i:fec8e0da4b]fully [/i:fec8e0da4b]aware. I mean, people make all sorts of purchasing decisions without knowing the [i:fec8e0da4b]whole[/i:fec8e0da4b] story. For instance, look at the number of clothing and apparel companies hiring 'sweat shop' labour. Eventually, through an exchange of information, these businesses pay the consequences.

With LEC's bias on 'free' labour, it can only mean that those companies involved are trying to push the bar even lower. If not to the ground, then certainly to a point where employees lose even more rights. I know I'm stretching it...but you do have to wonder what aspects of LEC's business model other companies will take on.

But take heart, it is the kind of information available here and on similar sites that can guide the cult-weiry. Keep up the great investigative work!

This message board is all well and good - but I was wondering more about the potential efficacy of affecting change by notifying this list of companies above that we, the consumer and/or investor (through the investor relations contact at the company) are dismayed at their participation with this controversial company and it's sordid history and methods, and volunteer employee labor force.

I wonder what would happen if the office of the CEO and Investor Relations of these companies were directly notified of some of the more controversial practices of Landmark Education and Landmark Education Business Development ?

I wonder if they are aware of the past investigations by the Federal Department of Labor in the United States and in France ?

Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: December 17, 2006 05:51PM

The hope/goal of Landmak Education is to change public opinion by LEBD work. If Landmark/LEBD takes on such prestigeous projects and companies like the FIFA, for example, it hopes that the bad press and the numerous critical websites will finally dissappear.
Landmark thinks the innocent people out there don't see the great work they are doing yet; they can't see a relationship between their arrogance and the reaction of the general public opinion on the Internet, which cannot be manipulated.

Date: December 17, 2006 06:01PM

it is also why they wanted to have rick ross site about Landmark shut down; they thought by stopping this particular source, public opinion would change in their favour.

however, the public opinion has been already out there, because of how Landmark operates, shuts down critical thinking of people and in many cases negatively affects the lives of people. The rick ross site is only a site where people express this opinion and are happy about that; Landmark does not believe that. They can't even believe that people who have participated in their courses express their opinions on the rick ross site. Landmark is only a poor victim

Date: December 17, 2006 06:25PM

I do not think that all of the companies were fully aware about the connection of LEBD to Landmark at the time.

Since the recent nonsense law suits because of the critical video, public opinion is changing more and more against Landmark ... also inside of Landmark, e.g. someone on the Landmark reformers web site
expressed the opinion that if Landmark behaves like that, he wants it to have shut down also in the Netherlands. And this is also my opinion.

see
[groups.yahoo.com]
Re: Interesting media exposure

because i hate the way landmark operates. slowly but surely
manupulating peoples minds to turn them into sales drones. i dont
give a damn about whether they are technically a cult/secte or not,
they are way to close to being a cult for my liking!

let's face it: this reformers group is not achieving anything.

i will do what i can to make sure landmark is shut down in the
netherlands just like it was shut down in france and in sweden.

it's great that this video is now out and about even though landmark
will do it's best to sue the pants off any organisation hosting the
video. i hope this is the beginning of the end...

Date: December 17, 2006 07:06PM

ajinajan
I wonder what would happen if the office of the CEO and Investor Relations of these companies were directly notified of some of the more controversial practices of Landmark Education and Landmark Education Business Development ?

I wonder if they are aware of the past investigations by the Federal Department of Labor in the United States and in France ?

BTW, I think you should do that

Date: December 17, 2006 07:42PM

ClausDIa
ajinajan

BTW, I think you should do that

Certainly all of the publicly traded companies on the above list have investor relations departments, which actually do pay attention to the complaints/questions/comments coming from investors. If the investor relations department, or CEO/company for that matter happen to NOT give heed to an incoming formal written complaint, then any investor in that company is allowed to file a motion which may appear in the next annual vote of investors.

And any good business/company will pay attention to formal written complaints/concerns voiced by independent consumers. For example if someone has had a bad experience on a flight on a particular airline - a formal complaint letter addressed to the office of the CEO often gets quick satisfactory results.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 18, 2006 04:28AM

This message board is all well and good - but I was wondering more about the potential efficacy of affecting change by notifying this list of companies above that we, the consumer and/or investor (through the investor relations contact at the company) are dismayed at their participation with this controversial company and it's sordid history and methods, and volunteer employee labor force.

Your idea is good. It can't hurt. Many groups with ethical ideals use this tactic, ie Greenpeace campaigns governments and the general population to make them aware of environmental and animal welfare issues.

But somehow, I suspect, the companies listed at the top of this thread will be 'luke warm' to any 'supposed' controversy on behalf of LEC. I know it's not 'supposed' (from our point of view), but most businesses think in terms of short term profits (gotta keep those shareholders happy). And I don't think the risk of losing the odd employee to psychosis via Landmark will sway the argument, either.

Like I said, it's about the exchange of information - good quality, well researched and well documented information. But like any information gathering, it takes time and a keen eye, and a fair amount of patience and 'pain tolerance'.

Maybe businesses should employ people to assess their own 'ethical integrity'. Someone who investigates the businesses it deals with...
With LEC, it'll be dirt cheap!

Date: December 18, 2006 11:03AM

Jack Oskar Larm

Your idea is good. It can't hurt. Many groups with ethical ideals use this tactic, ie Greenpeace campaigns governments and the general population to make them aware of environmental and animal welfare issues.

But somehow, I suspect, the companies listed at the top of this thread will be 'luke warm' to any 'supposed' controversy on behalf of LEC. I know it's not 'supposed' (from our point of view), but most businesses think in terms of short term profits (gotta keep those shareholders happy). And I don't think the risk of losing the odd employee to psychosis via Landmark will sway the argument, either.

Like I said, it's about the exchange of information - good quality, well researched and well documented information. But like any information gathering, it takes time and a keen eye, and a fair amount of patience and 'pain tolerance'.

Maybe businesses should employ people to assess their own 'ethical integrity'. Someone who investigates the businesses it deals with...
With LEC, it'll be dirt cheap!

You are correct, if any ole' person complains to the company about their usage of this controversial consulting "technology" training - they might not pay much heed.

But they would probably pay attention if it was one of their shareholders/investors themselves who sent them a formal written notice...

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.