Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Landmark education business development
Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: December 16, 2006 02:03AM

as far as I know LEBD is strongly connected to LEC, impressive record of clients, also scary

Apple Computer
Baytown Refinery, Exxon
Bellevue Hospital Center
BHP-Billiton (Australia, Chile, Peru)
Glaxo Wellcome
Guidant Corporation
Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals (China)
JP MorganChase
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Magma Copper Company
Marsh McLennan
Mercedes Benz USA
Minera Escondida Ltda.
Monsanto
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
New Zealand Steel
Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO)
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Panamco (Coca Cola Bottling Company, Brazil)
Petrobras (Brazil)
Reebok International
SAP (Brazil)
State of Bahia (Brazil)
State of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Telemar (Brazil)
UNUM Insurance
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. Department of the Navy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 16, 2006 05:31AM

as far as I know LEBD is strongly connected to LEC, impressive record of clients, also scary

They are a direct subsidiary company of Landmark Education, and headquartered in the exact same building. Their CEO Steven Zaffron was once convicted of mail fraud and was very close with Werner Erhard and had high positions with Erhard Seminars Training. Check out OUTRAGEOUS BETRAYAL, by Steven Pressman.

Also from what I've heard a lot of the staff of Landmark Education Business Development also volunteer for Landmark Education and Landmark Forum , for example as "Seminar Leaders".

I wonder if the extent of their "transformational" consulting is that they go into a company, spend some time doing "analysis" - and then recommend that the best way to "transform" the company is to have as many employees as possible enroll in the Landmark Forum ?

That would indeed be pretty creepy...

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 16, 2006 07:49AM

I wonder when we'll be expected to do volunteer work for our employer? And when we're working for 'next to nothing', we can start our recruitment drives. Even more free workers... :wink:

Date: December 16, 2006 07:57AM

Originally the company was initially owned by Werner Erhard , under the name Transformational Technologies, Inc - which also had some sort of connection to Tekniko Licensing Corporation.

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: December 16, 2006 09:15AM

This is what my employer tried to use to convince me that LE was "Professional Training." It's incredibly dangerous that they are getting into the larger companies.

I was lucky that I could leave my company, as the whole culture started breaking down after the boss/owner went LE-crazy.

This is really scary stuff -- the way it's quietly creating LE zombies in every sector. I can't help thinking we're heading towards a Nazi-like state.

Date: December 16, 2006 09:28AM

Grant La Mora is titled here in this email as the
"Executive Assitant to Art Schreiber Chairman of the Board of Directors "

[www.homeofpoi.com]

Thank you for your UNBELIEVEABLE share and communication! I was totally blown away by who you are being and what you have accomplished. Bloody Great!

(Harry asked me to respond to your unreasonable request, but I had to get my two cents in first.)

In response to your request, Harry asked me to let you know that he considered your request but, given the timing and logistics involved, there was simply no way we could accept. However, he also wanted you to know that he was extremely impressed with who you are being and what you are doing. You are truly an example of our work in action in the world. Your actions in forwarding the conversation for world peace will make a difference for many, many people all over the world.

I trust you will understand that we could not get your communication to all the people you requested. Please know that in Harry's listening, and thereby the rest of LEC, this is complete. Truly, other than being an outstanding, inspiring individual, there is nothing we saw for you to complete! Harry is clear about who you are in the world, and is proud of you as an LEC graduate.

On behalf of Harry and the other Landmark Forum Leaders, Art, myself, and the many people who have been and will be touched by your actions, thank you for who you are being, as well as your support of Landmark and our programs. You have taken on an enormous project, but rather than being "too big", it seems just "about right" for you. Thank you for generating yourself in the face of no agreement (including from your Landmark Forum Leader), and being bigger than your circumstances. You are an example of transformation in action.

I look forward to hearing more great things about you in the future.

Grant La Mora Executive Assitant to Art Schreiber Chairman of the Board of Directors
(let me know if you can understand any of that mumbo jumbo)

And yet according to this official website of Landmark Education Business Development, Grant La Mora actually works for LEBD as well:
[www.lebd.com]

Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:

Grant La Mora

Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should Be Sent:

c/o Landmark Education Business Development, Inc.

So maybe Landmark Education - and Landmark Education Business Development - are only different in name only? But actually have the exact same employees at both companies?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 16, 2006 01:29PM

Maggie
This is really scary stuff -- the way it's quietly creating LE zombies in every sector. I can't help thinking we're heading towards a Nazi-like state.

We've had 'zombie' communities before LEC, and we've been fine...we've always enjoyed world peace, prosperity and a level of contentment we never dreamed of.

People are people and it doesn't make a huge difference what company they work for. There are so many, like I said, that it's hard keeping up...but the customer has the final say (atleast that's what the last living Idealist said, I think).

I don't think we're headed for a Nazi-like state because of LEC. They are part of the problem, but as they say, 'The customer is always right.'

Buyer beware!

Date: December 16, 2006 06:27PM

I wonder if any of the clients above are FULLY aware of the controversial history surrounding Landmark Education, and chose to hire Landmark Education Business Development anyway?

Perhaps it's just sheer ignorance on the part of the company's hiring Landmark - that they think they are just another consulting firm?

This would especially be pertinent to all of the clients in some way related to branches of the United States government - considering at times various government agencies including the [b:62a6b59cd1]Federal United States Department of Labor[/b:62a6b59cd1] have done investigations on the company. It is one thing for companies in the private sector to be uninformed - but United States citizens would have a right to complain if tax dollars were being spent to Landmark Education in order to send members of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of the Navy to "The Landmark Forum" - or even simply to receive "transformational consulting services" from LEBD. United States citizens have a right to know how/where their tax dollars are going...

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 16, 2006 10:42PM

LEBD is a subsidery of Landmark Education.

Many of the "consultants" who work for LEBD also either volunteer with landmark or are course leaders.

I know when I was on staff, we were given a brief overview of what LEBD does, whether its true or not I couldn't say but what we were told is that they work with the company management to develop a programme that is based on some of the "technology" of the forum and other LEC courses.

I do know that they are only interested in companies that have several hundred staff. They used to do a promotion of LEBD And then give out sheets to those interested but they only followed up on those with more then 300- 500 staff

Posted by: ClausDIa ()
Date: December 17, 2006 12:16AM

... if they would only offer professional communication and project mangment courses at companies by paid staff members, there would be no problems with public impressions of being a "culty" organization.

For some reasons LEC sticks to authoritarian styles with unpaid volunteers, why actually ... don't ask any questions, don't make LEC wrong, "you are running a racket", your life doesn't work bla bla :-)

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.