Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Robert Fritz and Your Life as Art
Posted by: neoluxfer ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:21AM

jeannelucille
Ugh. Until now I'd nearly forgotten my former participation in Robert Fritz's "technology" -- which he was calling "DMA" at the time.

After attending a big workshop with Fritz (which I can't recall much about now), I joined a group led by someone trained in his method and got all excited about "creating my reality." The leader boasted that after doing a bit of processing (she may have used another term), she was able to eat all the goodies she wanted to, without gaining weight. I took her at her word, and after thinking I'd sufficiently addressed my beliefs re food and weight, I began regularly consuming candy bars and other junk food, whereas prior to that I'd been a bit of a health nut. I even allowed myself to eat foods that had formerly aggravated an asthmatic condition. I figured I was protected with the Fritz technology!

Would it surprise anyone to learn that within about a month, I ended up in the hospital for 5 days with severe breathing difficulties that required IV steroid to heal? Yep. Fortunately I woke up to Fritz's b.s. soon after that and stopped working with his stuff. I also went back to eating a healthier and more balanced diet, rather than the delusional one I'd been following.

I sometimes marvel at how long it has taken for me to realize how much fakery is perpetrated in the name of self-improvement and healing. Actually I will admit that I can still get taken in somewhat easily, so I must watch myself carefully. And that is why I'm in counseling today -- with a credentialed professional rather than some New Age huckster.

Personally I'd stay away from Robert Fritz's stuff.

Jeannelucille,

Thanks a bunch for your great post. I did follow up on your DMA connection by browsing the web, as it turns out, DMA is now a more commercial seminar still offered by Fritz under the new name of "technologies for creating." I made the link from a post on, of all places, the EFT site. Here is the link:

[www.emofree.com]

Unfortunetly, things are going to get unconfortable for me because this seminar is being paid and sponsored by my wife's company.

Also, my wife's employer, a midsize company in Florida, is also sponsoring in-house once a year rallies titled "the game of work," based on the book of that title. this is beginning to look like a repeat of the "Amway" experience.

thanks all

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:53AM

DMA was Fritz?
Oh good grief...DMA was known as Dimensional Mind Approach, or some such nonsense. Years ago someone gave me a photocopy of the DMA manual, and it was just more gibberish. Fritz seems to be a gibberish generation machine. I could tell that stuff was nonsense far before having proper critical thinking skills. He just makes up a bunch of stuff that is impossible to make sense of, and pretends its 'deep".

There appears to be no end to this endless stream of this LGAT junk.

http://www.ndbroadcasting.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1870
An interview with the creator of Dimensional Mind Approach, a teaching based on the premise that what goes on in your mind has a direct connection with what goes on in your life. Analyzing the creative process led Robert Fritz to evolve techniques to tap everyone's full potential... Fritz is a student of Kaballah, Tarot and other esoteric studies.

Posted by: neoluxfer ()
Date: December 14, 2006 10:58PM

I apologized if I am redundant but I believe I posted a reply last night which I am yet to see. Still, I wanted to thank Jeannelucille for the input. I followed the DMA string to a posting on the EFT website from a former DMA instructor who is accusing Fritz of having gone fringe. This is from an EFT practitioner so very scary. Thank you all for your comments.

Posted by: jeannelucille ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:35AM

And thank YOU, Neo! Also thank you to "Anticult." The more info that gets out on these people, the better, I think.

Re: Robert Fritz and Your Life as Art
Posted by: jlamp ()
Date: April 30, 2011 08:02AM

Thanks to all contributors to this thread. Your candor and conciseness saved me three or four days time.

Re: Robert Fritz and Your Life as Art
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:39PM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.