Nxivm
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: November 11, 2003 11:00AM

Mr Ross I just want to take this moment to thank you publicly (sorta) for the work you do regarding all cult activity in America and beyond. I think it is a nobel and righteous cause and I think you are a living advocate for the American family unit (even if indirectly or unintentionally).
Now in regards to the topic in particular. I have a personal interest in this group for two reasons. First of which being simple proximity. I am a Clifton Park native. Second of which being my relative familiarity with many people both currently involved with and once students of the above mentioned program.
The co founder of the program, Nancy Salzman, is the mother of a girl I was once friends with. Michelle (Nancy's Daughter) was really more of a friend of a friend at first but due to the nature of adolescent social behavior eventually we were all in the same social circle. None the less in 1999 three of my friends took an introductory course and one of them went on to take a more advanced course with Mrs. Salzman. I have invited them to your forum to share some of their experiences as I cannot adequately describe their reactions. I can say that not one of them stayed with the program very long. The one who got the most involved suffered a sever emotional and mental breakdown within weeks of his experience and had to leave school as a result of it.
I once asked a lawyer friend of mine about class action lawsuits and I am curious, if there were a few people who took this course or got involved with this group and suffered a similar physiological side effect, could a class action lawsuit be brought against the group forcing it to either divulge its copywritten 'technology' or force the group out of activity?

Options: ReplyQuote
Nxivm
Posted by: Murph ()
Date: November 12, 2003 05:00AM

I know of others who have had serious psychological reactions to this program and there really is no one there who is trained in anything other than neurolinguistic programming who can help you through them. The intensives are very emotionally intense and, in my opinion, the coaches are not qualified or experienced enough to handle such situations. Professionals in the field of psychology are generally not allowed into the program and when issues arise, they are always about you - you are choosing to react in the way you are - it's not about them.

Neurolinguistic programming can be a usefull tool and can also be used to manipulate. It is used both ways there. When it comes to recruitment and filling up the level 2 intensives (which is every four months - recruitment for upcoming December levels 2's is occuring at this time) there is extreme pressure on members to sign up, despite financial considerations or problems it could cause in your marriage or relationship. These are just problems they say - there are always solutions - the money is not the issue - that's the first thing everyone says - there are lots of options - you can get that anywhere if you really wanted this. They will tell you the financial costs are easily recouped or outweighed by what you will learn in this intensive and take away from it. Mind you, these cost $5,000 for one week. There are 5 level 2 intensives at this time - level 2a through 2e. And many take them over and over again. I have read both Margaret Singer and Steven Hassan and, in my opinion, believe there are many elements of mind control and compliance measures in place in this program. Things are not what they appear there and not at all what you are led initially led to believe.

There are good things one can take from this program but overall, in my opinion, this organization is about money, power, control and compliance and it is extremely destructive and manipulative. Of course, you know, they would say these are all my issues....it's not about them at all.

Nxivm
Posted by: michlook ()
Date: January 24, 2007 10:23PM

Acting as a clearinghouse/information exchange network etc. does have its price...I'm happy to see your fighting back...

2:06-cv-01051-DMC-MF NXIVM CORPORATION et al v. ROSS INSTITUTE et al
Dennis M. Cavanaugh, presiding
Mark Falk, referral
Date filed: 03/07/2006 Date of last filing: 01/16/2007

Case Summary
Office: Newark Filed: 03/07/2006
Jury Demand: Defendant Demand:
Nature of Suit: 840 Cause: 15:1121 Trademark Infringement
Jurisdiction: Federal Question Disposition:
County: Essex Terminated:
Origin: 5 Reopened:

Lead Case: None
Related Case: None Other Court Case: None
Def Custody Status:
Flag: SCHEDO

Counter Claimant RICK ROSS
Counter Defendant Kristin Keeffe
Counter Defendant Keith Raniere
Counter Defendant NANCY L. SALZMAN
Counter Defendant NXIVM CORPORATION
Counter Defendant Juval Aviv
Counter Defendant interfor, Inc.
Counter Defendant Anna Moody

Nxivm
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 24, 2007 10:31PM

michlook:

Please do not post email addresses and contact information.

Nxivm
Date: January 28, 2007 01:46AM

Now they are defendants??? This is freaking awesome!!!

BURN BURN!!! YES YOURE GONNA BURN!!!

Time to party!!!

Nxivm
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: February 14, 2007 06:21PM

Templar
Now they are defendants??? This is freaking awesome!!!

BURN BURN!!! YES YOURE GONNA BURN!!!

Time to party!!!

[b:815479e011]Does anyone know any more about this group and/or have personal experiences with it?[/b:815479e011]

[www.culteducation.com]

NXIVM and Interfor lose in court, counterclaim moves forward, which may further expose “fraud”
[www.cultnews.com]

NXIVM leader Keith Raniere loses again
[www.cultnews.com]

Nxivm
Date: February 17, 2007 01:29PM

There are a few of them about this board but they are very careful about who they talk to and what they say about this group.

Those who have past experiences with NXIVM on this forum tend to be people who have had negative experiences and or are suffering from the ill effects of thier involvement.

I have personally conversed with two people who were either enroled in the courses or very close to Nancy Sleazeman, I mean Salzman, and Kieth Raniere Vangoof, I mean Vanguard.

This cult is based in the area I grew up in, Nancy's daughter Michelle was once a friend of mine, and a few of our mutual friends attended her mothers courses, one of whom suffered an emotional breakdown and as a result dropped out of college.

I myself have never been so foolish as to think such a program would ever benefit me nor be worth my investment. Quite frankly my feelings about NXIVM and its founders goes well beyond scpeticism and is better defined as open hostility.

It's deeply troubling to see the growing list of celebrities this group has been attracting now includes Kristin Kreuk of Smallville fame, she's so hot and she's going to get sucked into Vanguards game and probably join his little harem... Someone find Superman and have him rescue Lana Lang before this 'Brainiac' known as Vanguard screws her up for good!!

It is known from within that Vanguards followers believe he is God. In my opinion nothing is more dangerous and frightening than delaing with a maniac who thinks such a thing.

Im just glad that he has seemingly exhausted his limited legal options for pursuing his critics and will now be a defendant in a countersuit. I think his little house of cards is begining to fall apart around him, and I hope he doesnt 'live to fight another day'.

Nxivm
Posted by: Murph ()
Date: February 18, 2007 05:43AM

calling us fools now are you?!?

He will never admit defeat - persistency is the name of their game - they would just come back in a different form - ala Jenness ....

It is scary how they worship him - sad actually.

Nxivm
Date: February 18, 2007 09:35AM

Im sorry Murph, I didnt intend to offend. Besides, you left the organization so you clearly arent the fool I was speaking of :).

As for the worship part, that is what bothers me the most. These chumps think he is God. I for one beliee that God wouldnt attempt to defraud anyone at any time. Consuer buyline and the flawed nature there in leads me to believe that his imperfections are far to numerous to validate any claim of Godlyness.

The Jness garbage will only be a flash in the pan if the litigation against Raniere and NXIVM manages to prosecute him sucessfully.

On a side note, Rick is there any way you can have your Lawyers try to get his followers to admit thier belief in Vanguard as God durring cross examination. I think it would be the nail in the coffin for him if people on the stand professed thier faith in him.

Nxivm
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: March 20, 2007 12:20AM

Judge Approves Disclosure of Company's Efforts to Discredit Blogger-Critic
Federal judge rejects executive seminar company NXIVM's privilege bid in dispute with anti-cult blogger Rick A. Ross

New York Law Journal/March 5, 2007
By Anthony Lin

[www.culteducation.com]

NICE!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.