Notify Hotels about LGATS?
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: December 09, 2006 05:33AM

Most of the LGATS are held in Hotel conference rooms, no? What if there was a campaign to notify the major chains of the "controversy" of these programs?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 09, 2006 05:43AM

A very interesting idea.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 09, 2006 07:43AM

Somehow I suspect the hotel involved will place real monetary gain over supposed ethical gain. It would be a different matter if the LGAT had the reputation of a sinister cult, like the KKK.

And knowing how organisations like LEC operate, they're probably offering free seminars to hotel employees!

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: December 10, 2006 04:37PM

Many hotels are used for these courses, I know we used to before we moved offices and got premises big enough to hold the programmes on site.

I have to agree with jack though, many hotels would put monetary gain before any personal ethics. They would really only refuse those organisations that are known cults even then they may not.

As far as the hotel is concerned as long as they are paid they are not there to judge what the group is using the conference facility for.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 11, 2006 01:07AM

Sonnie Dee is right. Even my local library put revenues first after being warned about Sahaja Yoga. .

In NJ, it appears LEC owns their conference center in a corporate park near Edison. Until 9/11, they rented floors in the World Trade Center so it's not only hotels that are renting ballroom space to them.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 11, 2006 10:31AM

I think the bottom line is not WHERE the meetings are held, but HOW they're being held. And that's why a forum such as this is so popular and important!

Perhaps, the best we can do is to boycott the hotel - then they might think twice if they're losing money. Even a small campaign of calling the particular hotel, asking if they hold LGAT meetings and then saying, 'No, thanks...I'd rather not stay there.' If the hotel recieved a number of calls (preferably not all at once), then they might change their policy.

It's no so crazy because similar tactics have been used by Greenpeace to stop the importation of dog and cat fur coming into this country.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.