Connection between Landmark and ACN Inc?
Posted by: Ann ()
Date: October 29, 2003 02:37PM

Is there a connection between the multi-level marketing company ACN, Inc and Landmark Education?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 29, 2003 11:22PM

Ann,

Need more info - there's a few companies by that name and none look suspicious.

Posted by: Ann ()
Date: October 30, 2003 02:40PM

My friend first started to market the communication services that ACN Inc, [www.acninc.com,] provides. My suspiscion is the it is through them that she came in contact with recruiters från Landmark.

If there is a connection between the two companies, she is in this a lot deeper than I thought, and that scares me!

Posted by: Normal Guy ()
Date: November 15, 2003 09:09PM

I'm not directly familiar with ACN but if you say it's a multi-level marketing company, I say that is exactly what I suspect Landmark to be. Buried deep within the Landmark Forum's Official website of Gobledeegook is acknowledgment of affiliation with "product placement" and "targeted advertising research companies". And I personally viewed their marketing strategies at an introductory session. Out of the five 'returning landmark participants" who I personally talked to, I found that they all had one thing in common: they had all recently purchased the house of their dreams. I realized that the "discussion moderators" who sat quietly in the back of the room where really there to take notes on the participants answers, for the purpose of targeting which products they would likely purchase. At follow up sessions and the advanced course, participants are surrounded and swarmed upon by their new landmark "friends" who are really some sort of shadow salespeople who strike when you're emotionally vulnerable and get you to invest large sums of money. It became clear to me that Landmark is really just "tele-your-friend-marketing" and "have them come to the next meeting so our sales agents can secretly meet them" (my wording used there) without participants ever realizing they're being telemarketed to , and definitally for much more then just the enrollment fee, try to picture huge sums of cash (home loans, dream vacations, and business loans).

Posted by: Carol ()
Date: November 16, 2003 04:08AM

Have you called both companies and asked?
What do they say?

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 16, 2003 06:39AM

That certainly is an interesting perspective. I did not experience anyone approaching me after the forum, nor did any of the other "survivors" who bailed out of Landmark. I don't remember anyone getting up talking about plans for anything other than, in general, finding work they liked. It did however concern me that a large group of moderators were back there taking notes, which we participants were not privy to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.