I'm sooooo glad I never signed up for the Landmark Forum.
Posted by: richardcee ()
Date: October 20, 2003 01:02AM

I coldn't afford it anyway.

I've quoted someone else from this BBS, as they put it all so well.

"In my opinion, this brand of pop psychology taps into people's insecurities, fears, disappointments, etc. and helps them feel better about themselves and how they relate to the world, but then gets them emotionally hooked to a never ending process of introspection and self-analysis"
-- From November 1999
By the spouse of a Landmark Graduate

I was in a relationship with someone who was a Landmarker. I won't say that Landmark alone ruined our relationship but her attitudes and brainwashing from landmark sure did help. It took tow attempts to break up. The first time was during a Landmark introduction meeting. Some of what I hear was almost nauseating. I just had to leave. Jeez talk about exploiting the insecure and unstable.

Landmark seems to possibly breed? Amateur psychologists. Well from my experience anyway. Or maybe this was just my ex-girlfriend being such a controlling, self-help ‘know-it-all’. No offence to her and I’m sue her intentions were sincere, but it’s very annoying having a layperson tell you what you are about. I have a shrink already!

Luckily I didn't even get to sign up for the Forum. Though I must say that the 2 follow up phone calls I had were very polite and courteous. And they DID NOT pressure me into anything. Luckily I know how to tell people to leave me the F alone in a tactful but assertive manner.

So now I am minus a wonderful girlfriend sadly, but I don't have to hear any more Landmark psychobabble again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: October 23, 2003 05:15AM

at least u have your own mind left.
dont give up on your girlfriend.
give her some love when she needs it
and u may be able to overcome landmarks trash.

Posted by: richardcee ()
Date: October 23, 2003 10:26AM

patrick-darcy
at least u have your own mind left.
dont give up on your girlfriend.
give her some love when she needs it
and u may be able to overcome landmarks trash.

Thanks Patrick but there were other issues that were kinda related too.
I feel she spends too much time in self-help groups (in general) and not enough time listening to her closest friends and family. I can't work with that.

I feel my ex and I can remain friends though. Let's see.

Yes I definitely have my mind left. Nobody fux wih that :)

Have fun.

r

Date: October 24, 2003 06:29AM

there is a good possibility that u
wont be around in her life for awhile.
let her know u care and even if the
two of u dont connect as u were before let her know u are there for her.

in the forum that i took jinnendra
made the comment and keep in mind
that most of the forum is a form
of hypnosis, well this is what he said.

try and try to get your friends to join landmark , but if they just refuse then drop them and come with
us as this is your new community.

this is not a quote but its close.

under hypnosis, hypnosis that the
people are completely unaware of they
are given this suggestion.

if u study landmark people u find that
they are very successful.

your ex has had or is going through
a feeling of urphoria. she may have
never felt better in a long long time.

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: November 17, 2003 12:49PM

You are right on the money about relationships around LEC.
There were more orgies in the old days though.

The only thing I would say is inaccurate is:"She apparently assigned a great deal of meaning to the conversation on choice."

You say that as if she had some choice in the matter. Her cognitive abilities had become disassociated in the area of ethics and morals. We did that to her. Not that we were trying to get her to step out on her hubby but when the hooks and levers are set, the doors are open for mayhem.

Posted by: LoriS ()
Date: November 20, 2003 08:47AM

But just barely so.

Had my Significant Other not come to his senses and realized he'd been had, no way would we have made it.

I've been the unfortunate witness of several relationships ending as a result of one or both parties attending the Harmony Institute in Salt Lake, a Lifespring spinoff.

Some of those people are more "sucked into the void" than others, and those are the truely sad ones. These people are very out of touch with reality, and are being used and have no idea.

So odd to watch previously happy, normal seeming people destroy their relationships with spouses and family and become bitter, shreiking, angry, manipulating zealots.

If I'd read this site before this happened to me I never would have believed it.

Date: November 21, 2003 05:05AM

LoriS
But just barely so.

Had my Significant Other not come to his senses and realized he'd been had, no way would we have made it.

I've been the unfortunate witness of several relationships ending as a result of one or both parties attending the Harmony Institute in Salt Lake, a Lifespring spinoff.

Some of those people are more "sucked into the void" than others, and those are the truely sad ones. These people are very out of touch with reality, and are being used and have no idea.

So odd to watch previously happy, normal seeming people destroy their relationships with spouses and family and become bitter, shreiking, angry, manipulating zealots.

If I'd read this site before this happened to me I never would have believed it.

your comments are quite welcome.
your last comment is one that i hear
on occasion.

people just dont believe what happens.
its so terrible that people think u
are making it up and absolutely refuse
to believe that anything like this
could actually happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.