Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Question for Guy Fawkes--Man Who Came in From the Cold
Posted by: sunsetserene ()
Date: December 06, 2003 01:03AM

Hello all:

OK I've got the day off to catch up on a few things so I've decided to do the whole deal this morning and get it over with so I can give my full attention to everything else.

The last 16 points of the "Art of Seducition" follow without comment:

9--Keep Them in Suspense: Them momement people feel that they know what to expect from you, your spell on them is broken. Give the victim a thrill with a sudden change of direction.

10--Use the Demonic [figuratively speaking of course] Power of words to Sow Confusion: THe trick to making people listen is to say what they want to hear. Flatter them.

11--Pay Attention to Detail: Lofty words of love and grand gestures can be suspicious. The subtle gestures and offhand things you do are often more charming.

12--Poeticize Your Presence: Intrigue your target by alternating an exciting presence with a cool distance, exuberant moments followed by calculated absences.

13--Disarm Through Strategic Weakness and Vulnerability: Too much maneuvering on your part may raise suspicion. The best way to cover your tracks is to make the other person feel superior and stronger.

14--Confuse Desire and Reality: Create the perfect illusion. Aim at secret wishes that have been thwarted or repressed, stirring up uncontrollable emotions, clouding a victim's powers of reason.

15--Isolate the Victim: Take your victims away from their normal milieu, friends, family, home. With no outside support, an isolated person is easily led astray.

16--Prove Yourself: One well-timed action that shows how far you are willing to go to win your victim over will dispel doubts.

17--Effect a Regression: People who have experienced a certain kind of pleasure in the past will try to repeat or relive it.

18--Stir Up the Transgressive and Taboo: People yearn to explore their dark side. Take your victim further than they imagine--the shared feeling of guilt and complicity will create a powerful bond.

19--Use Spiritual Lures--Everyone has doubts and insecurities about their physical presence. Lure them out of their insecurities by making them focus on something sublime and spiritual.

20--Mix Pleasure with Pain: The greatest mistake in seduction is being too nice.

21--Give Them Space to Fall--The Pursuer is Pursued: Hint that you are growing bored. Seem interested in someone else. Create the illusion that the seducer is being seduced.

22--Use Physical Lures: Targets with active minds are dangerous. Put their minds gently to rest and waken their dormant senses by combining nondefensive attitude with a charged sexual presence.

23--Master the Art of the Bold Move: Dont give the victime time to consider the consequences. One person must go on the offensive, and it is you.

24--Beware the After Effects: Never let the other person take you for granted. Use absence, create pain and conflict to keep the seduced on tenterhooks.

Clearly this book is primarily about romantic seduction, but some of the principles clearly seem to applicable in other contexts. Others are less obvious to me. The author fleshes out these points to quite an extraordinary degree. It's quite a read, and I recommend it along with Liberman's books and also Dr. David Burns' books "Intimate Connections" and "Feeling Good."

The last two in my mind at least are literally analogous to antivirus software for the human mind.

In my opinion LEC liked the concept of distorted cognitions from cognitive behavior therapy so much that they plagiarized it, renamed it as"stories" and then proceeded to use it in reverse to breed emotional dependence instead of emotional freedom. I guess they figured the former pays better.

SS

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.