Current Page: 20 of 23
Re: PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: May 10, 2010 03:20AM

Found on PSI's facebook. I removed Carrie's last name.

"Carrie X XXXXX PSI sucks!!!! can you say hypnotism? If you can sit down and think for yourself then you know everything that this class can teach you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. They teach you how to tear your life to shreds.. It is a business, a scam, a joke. Congrats to all the mindless trolls that fall for this b...ullshit scam. yeah a whole new level... LEVEL is being the key word you heard of ground zero yeah everything will be gone!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Caromaiden ()
Date: June 01, 2010 03:50AM

What good is have found a Forum group that talks about these crooks! ...
I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina and I attended these "courses” last year. Fortunately I realized in time that people were being brainwashed and manipulated their mind at the way of the person who dictated it. My ex boyfriend attend the three levels and recommended to me. He denied completely I was going to be brainwashed but I can’t blame him cause I realized he was brainwashed too.
To sumarise, I ran away, and no need to psychotherapy for recover. The unconditional support of my friends, my family, the information available online and at university, where I study allowed me to exceed this "bad time." Now I am doing an investigation on this topic because I would like to take diffusion and no person affected by these crapulous as well as warn people who are "tempted" to attend these fraudulent and dangerous therapies for the human mind.

Greetings from Argentina! :)

Caroline

Pd: Sorry for my english... :S

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: June 06, 2010 11:18PM

Steve989

"Carrie X XXXXX PSI sucks!!!! can you say hypnotism? If you can sit down and think for yourself then you know everything that this class can teach you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. They teach you how to tear your life to shreds.. It is a business, a scam, a joke. Congrats to all the mindless trolls that fall for this b...ullshit scam. yeah a whole new level... LEVEL is being the key word you heard of ground zero yeah everything will be gone!"

I saw PSI removed this woman's blog from their facebook page. Couldn't take the bad press.

I also heard Tim O’Kelly left PSI and started a new LGAT. This is what appears on the website: A complete copy cat of PSI; right down to the secluded range. I wonder how much he's charging.

“The initial Living From Choice Seminar delves into basic relationship tenets such as trust, communication, responsibility, accountability, and commitment. The nature of the seminar is insightful, and action-oriented. The format includes lectures, large and small group discussions, individual and one-on-one processes.

The Living From Your Word Seminar helps you to recognize and overcome self imposed limitations (paradigms) which cause you to fall short of high performance. You will re-contextualize your relationship with yourself and your "word", learning to live in integrity and staying true to yourself. This is an intensive 4-day seminar that takes place both in-room and outside in the real world. (LFC Seminar is a pre-requisite for this course.)

The Living With Passion Seminar connects you to and helps you express your inner passion by connecting you to your original Source. You will learn to create healthy, successful relationships by learning how to ask for and offer support. You will learn how to continually develop your potential. This seminar is a 5-day course held in a ranch setting in the mountains north of Santa Barbara, CA. Format consisting of one-on-one exercises, individual and small group work, and many outdoor events. (LFW Seminar is a pre-requisite for this course.)

Finally, the Men's/Women's Leadership Seminar will teach you to take greater leadership in all areas of your life. You will develop a purpose statement and see how to put it into action in every area of your life. You will work with communication skills that will increase your effectiveness in dealing with others. (LFC, LFW and LWP are all a pre-requisite for this course.)”

Date: June 12, 2010 10:14PM

This was posted on a website. Thought I would share the information. I removed Cindy's last name. Don't want to set sued.

"You want to meet a PSI grad; Name Cindy A. XXXXXX. PSI Grad. Check out how enlightened she is on her myspace account. She tries to recruit other women’s husband to attend PSI Seminars. She lives in Nyack Ney York. Beware if she tried to recruit you to this crap.

This was posted by Cindy XXXXXX and Proud of It.

“Hi there and wow! All I can say is wow... Amazing. I've been through all of the PSI Courses, staffed WLS, Camp Choice, Principia and actually brought the Basic back to NY City 3 times... as well as played PLD, have been a PLD Angel (angel? I doubt that b*tch) 4 times, attended 4 Ack Nights in celebration... etc. I have never seen such a big group of people crying in their coffee over the responsibility and accountability of GROWN UPS. People BLAMING PSISEMINARS FOR RUINING THEIR LIVES. What is that about? (You should know ***!!!!) What kind of mentality is that? To blame a seminar company for what? Look at yourself, (yeah look at yourself) your life, your past choices, your responsibility or NOT, the people in your lives. NOW hold YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICES. Next, hold the people in your life accountable and responsible for THEIR CHOICES. It's that simple.

I am NOT brainwashed. I don't even watch tv. I have a thorough understanding of the classes and why they are run the way they are. (Yeah, I bet you do). There are more than 600, 000 PSI Grads in the world, less than 1% asked for the money back after the Basic Seminar. By the way, the class is refundable. (NO IT IS NOT). If you feel you got NO value out of the class, you write a letter and get all except $50 back. (BULL ***). I have NEVER met anyone who asked for their money back because you'd have to be DEAD NOT TO GET VALUE OUT OF THE BASIC SEMINAR. As for those of you who've not been through the entire class commenting on blogs and the internet? How can you be an authority of something YOU KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT? All this *** and moaning just blows me away. All this pointing fingers at a seminarcompany that is doing MORE GOOD IN THE WORLD than any other organization I have seen to this day. (More bull ***) The graduates contribute all over this Earth we share yet, (sure they do, ask Todd Nuttall about that). I see this MEAN stuff happening on websites because you all are blaming a seminarcompany for the results that YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR OWN LIVES.

Your choice to write here and vent... in this pity party keeps other people who may benefit from this work and the PSI Courses away because they buy into your victim stories of misery and woe. Then you roll it all together with insulting people who have embraced the work in their lives because you'd rather pull them down then lift them up.

I will tell you right now that if you write one derogatory thing about me I will sue you for slander. My life is so clean, (better check your underwear ***!!! Oh I forgot, you don’t wear any.) I don't even drink coffee. I am acutely aware of what I am writing right now and clear on all of my decisions in and around this seminar company so do NOT use me as a verbal punching bag as you did my FRIEND Michelle (another PSI nut) in the above posts. Go back and READ what she wrote. She was logical about what she wrote in a kind manner... Be careful what you say here, that may just be a Graduates LOVED ONE.

How can you write that to someone you don't know about her choices? You don't know her or what her life is about...

PSI is about personal choice.

It is about taking responsibility for our own choices.

It is about personal accountability for what we think, say and do.

It is about world contribution and believing that we are one human family, not just a town, city or country, that every person matters.

It is about letting go of the behaviors that are NOT supporting us in creating the life we really want to have.

Doing the work and CHOOSING TO TAKE THE CLASSES and participating is MY DECISION. No one forced me, begged me, pushed or shoved me or guilted me into anything. I was not held down against my will or manipulated into anything. The person who shared with me about it never even asked me to go. I actually asked because I saw how his life was evolving because of choices he was making and ideas he'd learned through PSISeminars . I was interested because I saw someone I cared about living a life of honesty, integrity, keeping his word, growing his business, creating financial freedom, building and keeping amazing personal relationships in his life. (Sure you did after he left his wife). He was leading by example. (some example) I had a wonderful life before PSISeminars and I wanted more of what HE had... I knew that I could always grow in my life and TRUSTED and LOVED my friend so that I was excited to step into the adventure of the Basic and the other classes and work.

My suggestions:

Embrace your life. Contribute to your communities. Be responsible. Be happy. If someone doesn't want to be with you, let them go. They are doing you a favor and giving you your life and the next amazing chapter in it. Let go of the way things are supposed to look or the way that you were told growing up it would be.

I promise you that misery loves company and there will always be people that will jump into your pity party and cry with you. That behavior supports you for about five minutes, then after that, how does it serve you?

And life is so much more fun when you live from a power position of being accountable, being responsible, that you make your own choices, create your life to be the way you want, when you answer to no one except yourself and live in a way that empowers others because you've embraced what is wonderful about you. When you live a life of contribution and concern for others and you give of your heart, your time, your special gifts and that makes a difference to others, you will be living a life of joy and passion and giving. It is about respecting others choices and giving them space to make their own decisions. There is so much delicious stuff happening in this world.

Would you rather be right, or would you rather be happy? Based on the tone of this blog, I guess you'd all rather be right than happy... which in your eyes, makes PSISeminars WRONG... and a company that is creating "World Peace One Mind at a Time" is not wrong or to blame...

No one is broken, no one needs to be fixed. (Have you looked in mirror). People are not manipulated. Nor do people make mistakes. No one is to blame. There are no victims, (holy shot, you’re not telling us to stop playing the victim?) only volunteers.

People make CHOICES. A mistake is what a person calls a choice that did NOT turn out the way they originally thought it would... blame is what people do when they do NOT want to look in the mirror at their own choices or contribution to a situation. It's so easy to BLAME someone else or an organization. What about your life?

I can lead the horse to water and I cannot make him drink. What I mean by this is, I can tell you a million reasons why I choose to be and stay involved with PSISeminars and it won't matter one bit if you are not open to learning about it other than from what you read here written by people who may have never even taken a class offered by PSI. I have a circle and access to more than 1, 800 PSI Grads. (that must be some date book you have, no wonder you don’twatch TV). You want to know about the work, I'd be happy to ask them for support on sharing what they've gotten out of the work.

I can share a million different experiences supporting the work in the world, or tell you about the amazing friendships I've created with people I've met, or how involved I am in charity work in the world and in my community because of what I've learned through PSI Seminars about being of service on this planet...

I can defend the company, I can ask you all to be more open minded, I can spout example after example of the good work being done by grads everywhere... this list is long and I completely understand that it's your CHOICE TO either believe me or to bah humbug what I've written out of your mind. (Does this *** ever stop?)

What I know is that YOU are responsible for your choices as am I. What I may consider amazing, you may not. And it's all good. PSI Seminars is NOT for everybody.

It IS for those who want to excel in their lives, to be more successful in their relationships, to take better care of their bodies, to contribute to the world around them, those who want to build their financial situations for the better, who have a connection the Creator/God and believe in spiritual aspects of life... PSI Seminars IS for successful people who want to be MORE successful, who want to raise themselves up along with others in their lives. It is for those who want to create closer relationships with their loved ones and business associates.

If this is NOT what you want in your life, then do us a favor, don't come to the Basic or PSI classes. (Don’t worry I won’t. I don’t want to see you spreading you legs behind the Barn.) PSI is for those who take responsibility in their lives, (PSI Is for Losers) who are accountable for their decisions. If you are a *** or a moaner, then don't bother. If you want to cry about what you heard or were asked to do, stay home. (I will and look at all the money I saved.) If you don't want to do anything to make any changes in your life for the better, then stay away.

This company was created and stands today, the oldest seminar company in its original form. Without advertising. (Yeah, they’re afraid people will learn the truth) 600, 000 + PSI Basic Grads... Why? Because it works. The work works for those who choose to use it in a way that supports them in CREATING, BEING, WORKING, CHOOSING... more, better, different than they have now and are making a difference in the world all over the world.

Whenever I read people putting down PSI Seminars, I think of how I've chosen to apply the work to my life. I think of my experiences at each class along the way. I remember each staffing experience and what that brought to my life. I get excited about the different fundraisers and contributions I make often because I know more than ever how much the world needs me... (God, you are full of yourself and your bulls*it). I get excited about what I am creating, giving, doing and sharing. I am not blaming anyone (sounds like you are). I am not on websites (excuse me; but you posted this on a website) putting down something I know nothing about. I am too busy creating my life to be the way I want it to be, the way I've dreamt it can be to hang out in the pity party with anyone.

What I wish for all of you is that your hearts be softened, your minds be opened to the possibility (PSI jargon) that life is not always the way you planned. That people may do things you do not understand or desire or approve of. So what, now what? That you'll understand that we all have our paths and what's wonderful is that they are individual and what works for one, may not work for another. And that it's OK. May you figure out that the more time you focus on the pity party, the less time you have to focus on the PARTY THAT IS YOUR LIFE... that you are missing out on all the fun going on around you. I wish for you that you contribute to your communities, so much so that your heart fills with joy and almost explodes with pride because you know you are making a difference. I wish for you that you feel amazing in your relationships and can communicate your needs clearly so that there are no fights or drama. That you figure out how to attract and create financial freedom. That you let go of the past and live in the NOW.

There is so much more I wish for you AND did I learn all this from PSI Seminars and the classes? (NOT INTERESTED). Maybe, maybe not. I had a foundation I was building before I got to the Basic AND what I will tell you is that this work has supported me in continuing on my life's path, my soul's path in a way, that I could not imagine where I'd be without the work. Certainly, I'd have created a wonderful life AND I would not trade the past years involved with PSI Seminars for a life without it.

You all have no idea the good stuff that you're missing.

It's ok, all the more fun for us Grads to have!

Dream big! Have fun! Live with Passion! Love!

With Respect,

Cindy xxxxx, PSI Seminars Grad and PROUD OF IT!

San Diego Basic May 04

PSI 7 397

Women's Leadership C-82

PLD Team 6

Principia 04 & 05

PLD Angel 4 times

Built, staffed and Chiefed 3 NY Basic Seminars 2-06, 6-06, 5-07

Staffed: Basic Seminar 8-04, 9-04~ WLS 07, Camp Choice 07, Principia 09

Supporting & staffing: Boston Basic Seminar February 2010

(42 along and looking for a real man)

[blogs.myspace.com]

Now this is Cindy’s letter addressed to a woman who’s husband she was dating.

“The Nerve....

Current mood: enlightened (I liked this “ENLIGHTENED”)

Read this letter and tell me Cindy is “ENLIGHTENED.” Doesn’t this go against the teachings of PSI seminars Cindy? What a hypocrite.

“Category: Life

This blog is for a particular woman (classless, although I will use the word woman lightly for lack of better term)...

Who I KNOW has been reading my blogs and has had the NERVE TO CONTACT me through myspace to be an absolute CRUEL person. I have never had a conversation or met this person EVER so here goes...

Miss L...

I have a funny feeling that although you've cancelled your myspace profile after my last email response to you, that you are probably checking back in periodically to view my blogs or read my profile to scan for possible changes...

Since it's been 11 months since your last bought of harrassment and you felt the need to follow up again... I want to insure that it will NOT HAPPEN AGAIN in a private forum(as in emailing me in private) and I am answering you back in an open forum.

I am not quite sure where you ever got the balls to contact me in the first place.... but I will attempt to uncover and review the situation here... originally, after you contacted me last year, I made my profile private last year because LORD only knows what a stalker like you is capable of...

Then I realized that there is no need for me to make my profile private because of YOU. Don't flatter yourself and I refuse to give you that much power. Granted, yes, I am writing to you here because I feel the momentary need to put you in your place AND this is about all the energy you will ever get from me again.

I don't have anything to hide, hence my open to the public information and profile, unlike you that hid behind a faceless information less profile.

Now as for you...

Where do you get off contacting me in the first place? At all?

You are NOT my friend, acquaintance or anything else in my world other than someone who knows someone I do. Remember that.

You have NO right to contact me at all and CERTAINLY NOT TO BE a MEAN SPIRITED PERSON.

Didn't your mother or father or someone teach you that if you have nothing to say, shut the *** up until something nice comes out?

I am sure if they knew the context of the emails you've sent me, they'd send you to your room without dinner and put you in the time out corner for an hour facing the wall with no computer or tv priviledges for the night.

In my kindest and most compassionate moments, I wonder what I ever did to you that you would direct such venomous comments my way...

AHHHHH, I remember now... it is possible that long before you ever met the man you 'claim' is your 'husband', I dated him... could it be that you are jealous that you cannot even stand in the line with me in the class and maturity department?

Possibly the looks, energy or personality department either and it just makes you crazy...

doesn't it? That the little bit that you've learned about me through this website shows you that I present myself in a certain way to the world and for some reason, it just eats you up to no end, doesn't it?

Why ELSE would you go after a person you never met?

Jealousy is a funny thing.. isn't it? It makes people show up in embarrassing ways in their lives... in your case MEAN!

Why would you throw absolutely immature, mean, cruel judgements at someone you never met?

What could you possibly know about me other than what is in my profile? So pick on those things?

To email me picking apart everything you think will upset me if you 'touch upon it' in an email...

Girlfriend, a bit of advice. Go back to your sandbox and play alone until you figure out how to approach other people nicely. You really never know who you are f-cking with... you never know if the person who is on the receiving end of your bullsh-t is taller, prettier, more intelligent and knows cops in your town that will arrest your *** for stalking, harrassment and whatever else is law and is in my favor.

I will NOT HESITATE TO SEND YOUR *** TO JAIL IF YOU EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR? (yeah, how did that work out for you Cindy?) I’m still waiting.)

I have had enough of people like you thinking that you have the RIGHT or are somehow entitled to abuse an innocent (you are not innocent) human being with your immature garbage. And I hope that everyone who reads this emails, copies and pastes it and sends it out to those who've done the same to them.

It is time for the abused to take back their power and stand up to babies such as yourself.

The sad part is, I'd be your best friend, had you only been nice in the first place. I am the coolest woman I've ever met. (Good God, you really are in love with yourself aren’t you Cindy). My friends and family thinks so too and my kitten thinks that the moon and sun rise and sets at my feet!!! Oh, by the way, so do my wonderful neices and nephews...

It's your loss. In your attempt to bring me down, you brought yourself down and raised me up to a new level of consciousness... one that showed me what I was made of, again and reminded me of how I can carry myself in the eyes and events of adversity, no matter how big or small.

Every bit of meanness you spit at me... I believe in karma... so I know it comes back to you times 10... how sad... resentment is the poison you drink while waiting for the other person to die. Maybe you'll learn that lesson eventually... being that you decided to come back for more after almost a year shows me that you just couldn't let things rest...

And now, you gave up your cards to me in addition as I know that every insecure statement you threw at me is actually your greatest fears in writing. So when you get to be my age, I KNOW every little thing you will be worried about and if all goes full circle, some little whippersnapper like yourself will probably get in your face...

Although by then, you'll forget your little email stalking/harrassment towards me and be devastated that someone you never met reached out to attempt to hurt you...

except that you may just lack the wisdom to realize what's going on that moment and actually be upset that they contacted you at all and you probably will believe what a stranger said to you...

Just so you know... pay close attention to this information.

I know your full name.

I know your family member's names.

I know who your closest friends are.

I know where you live and how and where you spend your days and nights.

I have your phone number and mailing address and social security number.

I have your personal information. Your friend's names, etc.

Everything you do via the internet is traceable.

Remember that the next time you go on one of your verbal adventures.

Have a nice life. And leave me out of it.

Warmest,

Cindy A. xxxxx

And PROUD OF IT!”

(Beware of this woman if she tries to recruit you to PSI Seminars.)

Date: June 19, 2010 10:49PM

Steve989

I checked and found this post by Carrie was removed from the PSI Facebook page. Guess they didn't like the bad press.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:47AM

Now this was interesting. Stay informed.

1. Written by Further Info, on 20-06-2010 16:44

Jane Willhite also supports athiest leftist George Soros' group MoveOn.org too.

This group is socialist and anti-entrepreneur. They believe the elite few at the top should run the show for the misinformed maligned minions. Their mantra is, "Craap on America."

Why support a group that advocates these ideals?

2. Written by PSI Brass Defector, on 20-06-2010 14:13

PSI Seminars owner Jane Willhite, her daughter Jenessa, PSI Executive Ernestine Fisher, and all of the PSI brass donate to the Democratic party: the DNC, Hilary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, etc. They also support illegal immigration because they have illegal farm hands working the ranch.

So there you have it. Follow the money. Attend PSI classes . . . support the Democrats who only want a supreme way of life for themselves and their cronies.

WPP, the *** that he was, tried to instill personal responsibility in individuals instead of bleeding the general populous dry through taxation-extortion. At least he would have elimanated welfare to make CA a solvent state!

Illegal immigration and free labor are used to run seminars along with exorbitant prices to attend seminars all support the Willhites in lavish lifestyles of big screen TVs, pool tables, pools, planes, jewelry, embroidered art pieces, clothing, physical trainers, china, crystal, nail jobs, nannies, lavish parties, expensive real estate, etc.

If you go, go informed!

Date: August 17, 2010 08:22AM

"PSI is hemmorrhaging facilatators and employees right and left. Ex-employee left in a huff then blogged about it on Facebook. Pay way too low and stress way too high. 100 hour work weeks for less than minimum wage."

I found this on another site. Comes as no surprise to me; but does anyone know what's going on?

Date: September 07, 2010 09:18AM

"How Large Group Awareness Trainings such as PSI Seminars and Landmark Education/Forum/Est began:

This movement born in the end of 1940's, when USA government funded a research aimed to create an educative system based on most functional parts of existing methods in the various traditions spread around the world. They gathered information from great religions, great philosophers and psychologists and began to develop an approach that was using the most effective of different methodologies, as visualizations, games, conversations, etc.

The research project was then called National Training Labs (NTL). National Training Labs still exists today and is a private institution. The research carried out, having been funded by the U.S. Government, remained in the public domain; no one can claim exclusive ownership.

In the early '60s, William Penn Patrick founded a firm called Holiday Magic. It was a cosmetics company selling their products door to door. He decided to train its sellers to be self motivated and creative in front of the refusal (to buy the products/sales franchise). He hired one of NTL researcher, Alexander Everett.

Alexander organized a training on behalf of Penn Patrick that had a success of unexpected proportions. It was so successful that the representatives were able to sell more items than the factory could produce in 30 years of activity. This resulted in the non-delivery of large quantities of the ordered cosmetics and a subsequent penal proceeding which led to Holiday Magic's final closure. WPP also sold more franchises than there were available cosmetics buying customers too. William Penn Patrick also started the Leadership Dynamics Institute which employed HM employees Ben *** (a sadistic and physically cruel man), Sharoll Shumate, Jerry Booz, and Vance Powell, as seminar facilitators. William Penn Patrick died in a plane crash at High Valley Ranch in Clearlake Oaks CA, while Alexander Everett started Mind/Life Dynamics, a training company.

• When Everett started Mind/Life Dynamics he took with him four of Holiday Magic's trainers. They were Werner Erhard, John Hanley, Tom Wilhite and Stewart Emery.

Later, Erhard left his job to give birth to Erhard Seminar Trainings, Stewart Emery founded Actualizations, Wilhite the PSI World Seminars and Hanley, together with Robert White and Randy Ravell, bought Mind/Life Dynamics, which was renamed in Lifespring. Later Hanley bought Ravell and White out from Lifespring. White went to Asia and started Life Dynamics Asia and Ravell began another company of alternative education.

• Thomas and Jane Willhite bought High Valley Ranch though a government auction of WPP’s assets in 1973.

A young woman also died at High Valley Ranch during WPP’s Youth Leadership Institute training class in 1971 (before the Willhites bought the property) and many other young people became deathly sick. A curse was placed on High Valley Ranch because of all of the deaths on the property, including PSI World Seminars founder, Thomas D. Willhite in 1983.

Daniel Tocchini, one of the best trainers of Lifespring, worked in strictly contact with John Hanley and he studied under the guide of Erhard and Everett. Then he constituted Mashiach Ministries inc. that transformed later in Association for Christian Character Development (ACCD), through which he contextualized the transformational technology into Christian principles. Once left the presidency of ACCD, Daniel Tocchini started Culture ROI, a company which offers its services to some of 500 USA's greatest corporations.

Davide Zaccariello has been trained by Daniel Tocchini and works with him at international level since 1996, he's one of Culture ROI's trainers and offers his competencies to different ONG which works in the third world with the aim to set independent all those who have access to any kind of resources. Davide Zaccariello offers his service also in international negotations."

"Alexander Everett (1921-2005) was a British self-improvement and personal development consultant. He was the founder of the company Mind Dynamics, and author of the motivational books The Genius Within You and Inward Bound. Everett's coursework and teachings had an influence on the human potential movement.

Though Mind Dynamics only existed for a few years, it greatly influenced many other forms of companies and self-improvement groups known as Large Group Awareness Training. After Mind Dynamics folded due to the death of its co-owner, William Penn Patrick, and due to investigations on its parent company, Holiday Magic, by the United States government on allegations of pyramid schemes, Everett formed another course called Inward Bound, which he taught in the United States, Europe and Asia.

Born in England in 1921, Everett was initially inspired by Aldous Huxley's book The Perennial Philosophy. Everett became involved with Christian Science, the Unity School of Christianity, and Rosicrucianism. He also traveled the world in a quest for spirituality and education, visiting Greece, India, and Egypt. Everett also studied Theosophy with Rudolf Steiner.

He later settled down in Britain for a while, forming a preparatory school, Pendragon School at Bexhill-on-Sea, in 1950 in Sussex, England. While teaching at the school in Sussex, Everett contracted polio, and was told by his physicians that he would never walk again. Everett believed that he healed himself using the Unity School of Christianity's "Prayer of Faith", by Hannah More Kohaus. In 1953, Everett founded and became the headmaster of Shiplake College at Henley-on-Thames, Oxford, England. Everett later acknowledged that the Unity Church had an impact on his development of self-improvement courses including Mind Dynamics, and he incorporated Unity techniques such as the use of silence, focusing on the intuitive inner voice, and affirmations into these practices.

In 1962, Everett immigrated to the United States, and first traveled to Kansas where his initial intent was to become a minister in the Unity School of Christianity. He worked for the Unity Church for a short time in Kansas City. In 1963, Everett gave up his path to becoming a minister, and instead helped establish a preparatory school in Fort Worth, Texas, Fort Worth Country Day School, where he was also an instructor. There he also encountered Jose Silva, founder of the Silva Mind Control method, and began to study techniques of mind control, self-hypnosis, and meditation.

Everett utilized the techniques learned in Jose Silva's Mind Control methodology, as well as concepts from Edgar Cayce, to form the Mind Dynamics course in 1968. Everett and his Mind Dynamics course was the subject of Jess Stern's book, The Power Of Alpha Thinking (1969). One of the many influential graduates included Dr. O. Carl Simonton of the Simonton Cancer Center. Mind Dynamics was a precursor to other groups that used similar techniques. Alexander was often referred to as "The Teacher of Teachers" and "The Father of the Human Potential Movement" ... as his employees included Werner Erhard, founder of "est" Erhard Seminars Training and the Landmark Forum; John Hanely, founder of Lifespring; James H. and James Quinn, founders of LifeStream; Randy Revell, founder of Context Trainings; Tom and Jane Willhite, founders of PSI World; Robert White, founder of ARC and Life Dynamics; Howard Nease, founder of Personal Dynamics; Bill Schwartz, founder of the Meditation Institute of Milwaukee; Stuart Emery, founder of Actualizations, and Russ and Carol Bishop with Insight.

The first form of Mind Dynamics was non-confrontational, did not involve direct interaction with course participants, and participants did not share of their own personal experiences in the coursework. In 1970, Everett moved the headquarters of his company from Texas to San Francisco, California, and the company was bought out by William Penn Patrick in the same year. Patrick was the owner of Holiday Magic, a cosmetics company, and Leadership Dynamics, a similar company to Mind Dynamics that used more confrontational techniques.

Though Mind Dynamics was structured as a for-profit, self-improvement company, it was also described as a spiritual discipline. Everett stated that one of the goals of Mind Dynamics was to "get people to a higher dimension of mind".

Werner Erhard was a student of Everett's, and became an instructor in his own right in the Mind Dynamics training. After reaching the level of instructor, Erhard was also chosen by Everett to be responsible for Mind Dynamics course development. Alexander Everett offered Erhard a vice-presidency in the company and a larger salary, but Erhard instead took his staff including Laurel Scheaf and Gonneke Spits to form Erhard Seminars Training. Everett was present in the hotel ballroom when Werner Erhard led his last Mind Dynamics course, and announced to the audience that he would be soon forming a new company. Though Everett publicly went up on stage and stated his support for Erhard and was sorry to see him go, privately he was furious with Erhard for planning his exit and new company behind Everett's back. John Hanley, who later went on to form Lifespring also was influenced by Mind Dynamics and Everett. The course spread to Australia and Europe, but was shut down in 1973 along with Leadership Dynamics and Holiday Magic, when William Penn Patrick died in a plane crash. Patrick's companies were being investigated by the United States government on allegations of pyramid schemes. However, the Mind Dynamics course still had a huge effect on the New Age movement.

After Holiday Magic, Leadership Dynamics and Mind Dynamics ceased operating, Everett left the United States in 1974 and studied Eastern religions and philosophies in Russia and India. He formed a personal development program named Inward Bound in 1977 and stayed active in the self-improvement industry. Everett also formed a course called "Samata".

The Inward Bound course was a two-day seminar that had similar characteristics to his previous coursework, and also incorporated concepts from the Unity Church. Everett continued to teach Inward Bound for over twenty-five years, and gave lectures annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. He also wrote a book on the course, entitled Inward Bound. Everett authored and recorded two audio seminars, "The Genius Within You", and "Inner Wealth" with the Nightingale-Conant Corporation. His final spiritual course "Love, Life and Light" was taught annually over the final 12 years of his life. He recorded these teachings in a 20-hour CD-ROM entitled, "Cosmic Consciousness". Everett died on January 16, 2005, in Oregon.

Why is it important to know where this movement began? Aren’t we just living in the present and the past doesn’t matter? I have heard and asked this question before. Today, it is important know what the origins of Transformation to provide you guidance to do your own personal research and go deeper into some distinctions and models presented in “The Work”. It is also important to honor the contribution of founding members and torchbearers all over the world.

This is not New Age type transformation. It is a Modern Way of presenting the profound, life altering and enlightening knowledge that has been present in this universe since the beginning. So let us begin in the 1960’s knowing that the way the human race has interpreted this has evolved since the beginning of time.

William Penn Patrick was an American entrepreneur and businessman. He was the owner of Holiday Magic, Leadership Dynamics, and Mind Dynamics. “Holiday Magic was a multi-level marketing organization, founded in 1964, by William Penn Patrick in the United States. Originally the organization distributed goods such as home-care products and cosmetics. Patrick, a student of Alexander Everett who is founder of Mind Dynamics, used this training in his company.” “Mind Dynamics was a seminar company, founded by Alexander Everett in Texas in 1968.” MD closed in December 1973, after the death of co-owner William Penn Patrick. Some trainers and Leaders of MD founded their own companies. Werner Erhard founded LANDMARK/EST. Thomas Wilhite founded PSI Seminars. Stewart Emery founded ACTUALIZATIONS and is a recognized author. Randy Revell, Charlene Afremow (a Marin County housewife and sycophant of Werner Erhard), Robert White, Larry Johnson and John Hanley founded LIFESRING in 1974. Most of the most profound material in Lifespring was developed by Randy Revell. Randy developed Context Training. James Quinn organized LIFESTREAM. Other companies include, include: The Forum, Personal Dynamics in Switzerland, Life Dynamics in Japan and Hong Kong, Alpha Seminars in Australia, Dimensional Mind Approach and Pathwork. Prior instructors from Mind Dynamics founded the organizations mentioned above.

Self improvement knowledge is free.

Shame on PSI and these groups for charging an arm-and-a-leg!"

Actually they should be ashamed of alot of things. Destroying marriages being the first thing.

Date: November 11, 2010 09:35AM

Steve989
"PSI is hemmorrhaging facilatators and employees right and left. Ex-employee left in a huff then blogged about it on Facebook. Pay way too low and stress way too high. 100 hour work weeks for less than minimum wage."

I found this on another site. Comes as no surprise to me; but does anyone know what's going on?

Rumor has it PSI is being sued again. Anyone else hear this???

Date: December 08, 2010 08:38AM

Ok, here is a post from another psi grad. Notice she has attended several personal growth seminars. I've heard she's not doing so well.
[www.oprah.com]
Posted on Jul 16, 2010 1:07 PM
Hello Oprah,
I just spent the most amazing weekend of my life with my family at the Basic PSI seminar in Phoenix, Arizona! I notice the subject of fun in this category does not have very many posts, as opposed to abuse, depression, etc.! I have attended a lot of personal growth seminars, been involved in 12 step progams, Imago, etc. and my life has improved drastically as a result. However, I have gotten more out of the 4 day basic seminar than all of my 23 years of personal growth work and it was FUN! I attended the Basic Seminar in May and then went to High Valley Ranch for a glorious 7 day journey in June. I have never seen my family so inspired and so happy in their lives!
I know that is a mouthful but it is the truth and they will vouch for that. They all will be attending High Valley Ranch to maintain their joyful experiences and reach the goals they have committed to.
I believe the five year old in each and everyone of us just waiting to be unleashed. This is an opportunity for everyone to experience that child and really enjoy life!
Love, Denise

Current Page: 20 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.