Current Page: 14 of 23
Re: PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:35PM

This explains it.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: April 07, 2009 01:22PM

I found this on a complaint board.

Posted: 2009-03-31 by Thai

PSI unlicensed practice
Complaint Rating:
I just took the PSI basic last weekend looking for self improvement. Yes, people should learn and grow. Yes, change is hard and you need to come out of your comfort zone. Yes, life isn't want you expected and you've either disappointed yourself or others. Yes, you want to make a difference and awaken the spirit within you. However...don't get caught like Hansel and Gretel...so hungry that they couldn't resist. What's missing in your life? What are you hungry for? Be smart on how you get it.

What doesn't look right, smell right, sound right...(however that saying goes) probably isn't right.

1. What kind of legitimate education course runs till midnight on Thur and Fri? Then have you come back full day Sat and Sun? Think about it.

2. What kind of course asks you to pay $500 -$700 but won't tell you what it's all about. You're not going to the movies. You won't find good surprises here, although you'll be lured into thinking so. Instead, you'll come back with problems you never knew you had. I don't call that a surprise...and it's not the right kind of personal insight either. There are better ways.

3. If there are negative blogs all over the net regarding this seminar doesn't it ring alarm bells? Keep surfing, get enough info to make an informed decision. I spent over 8hrs finding loads of info, unfortunately only after I went to the basic. Be smart!

If you still decide you'd like to go. What price are you willing to pay? Not financially but cognitively. Would you open your mind to someone who isn't even a licensed practioner? I was there...I don't care if it's hypnotism, brainwashing whatever. It's guided imagery where they take you back in time and conjure some of your deepest feelings as a kid. I think the practice is beneficial but not done in a group setting by some facilitator!

Even if you go in there thinking you're smart with no issues and you're all happy, they won't get you...well be very careful. My happy go lucky friends who were satisfied with life came out wanting more. The facilitator will want you to be in the now, be open, listen, get your money's worth. And everyone else around you is getting so much out of it. Don't feel that you have to get it. That's when they'll get you. The countless exercises will get you. The meditation, the voice of the narrator, the dim lights, the imagery will get you.

And most importantly, do not get suckered into signing up for the next course on the last day (Sunday). $6000 is not cheap. Ever heard of buyer's remorse? You can get quality education (Universites - continuing education programs), enlightment, and practictioners for that kind of money. Get it from the right people.

I don't know what it's called or what it is but I notice that my feelings are now somehow attached to that seminar. I can hear the facilitators voice in my head to keep my word, don't be a victim, be a contributor, it's not for everyone, it's my choice, speak from the "I", "What other people think is none of my business", don't be a sand wasp, conditioning/ programs, 100% intention, win-win...oh did they every distort this philosophy. And the peace of mind model...??? Take a close look at it. Does it make any sense? What does career and financial have anything to do with mental? There are other models out there. Take only what make sense to you.

I'm the type of person who reads the stuff online but won't contribute whether good or bad. However this time, I think it's really important to not be passive, please please share your thoughts for all to hear. Get the word around...ya, they got me motivated alright...to shut them down!

Believe what you want. According to them, I'm creating a story and seeing only what I want to see. I'm not asking you to justify my story. What you think it none of my business. However be open, you don't know what you don't know...and if you're having doubts about this program...you know more than you think you do. Think it through...I"m not your obstacle or your negative support group. Just remember the Nightingale fairy tale.

[www.complaintsboard.com]

Posted by: The monolith ()
Date: April 10, 2009 01:58PM

I attended everything PSI seminars had to offer almost six years ago. To this day it still remains one of the greatest things I have ever taken part in.

Date: April 11, 2009 09:47AM

The monolith
I attended everything PSI seminars had to offer almost six years ago. To this day it still remains one of the greatest things I have ever taken part in.

Really? It's the "greatest" thing you have taken part in?

How many people did your recruit?

How many relationships did you destroy?

How much money did you spend?

Date: April 11, 2009 10:11AM

Found this on another blog.

Re: Help and Advice
(Anonymous)
2009-01-29 04:35 pm UTC (link)
I have a client who came to me and wanted me to go to these seminars. She gave me some information, but I wasn't fully aware of the methods or tools used. With that being said, I trusted her and signed up, paid my $495 and never once thought about checking the website out or researching anything. Well, one of my other clients was approached by the same person, and quickly called me to see if I had been approached to sign up. I told her of course and I signed up and forked over my $495. My other client told me to quickly cancel the seminar which was starting in a month and that it was a "cult". I started doing my own research and was immediately shocked at all the information I found.

The next morning, I told my client (the one that signed me up) that I would not be attending and she wanted to know why. I told her that I had been doing some research and was convinced this wasn't for me. She then told me that she had been a part of this group for 2 1/2 years and it has been the best thing for her. I started crying because I have been knowing her for 1 yr and she is a basket case on emotional roller coasters daily, but I never knew she was involved in this group. I had never even heard of PSI. She basically told me that she takes what she wants from the classes and leaves the rest. I am really upset as I watch her 1 yr old son and had been wondering what was going on. He constantly cries and is just unhappy. She told me she is in some 90 day course where she has only been seeing him one night a week. I just don't see what is more important than your family and health. She stated she was fine, cried and went to work.

I immediately started emailing and calling PSI including the corporate office and got nothing. Then, I received an email from PSI stating their bullshit tuition refund policy. So in order to receive a refund, you must attend the full class, bullshit. I replied to them with, I will not be attending any of your seminars and do not want to be associated with your group. I was not fully informed of the methods used to teach the tools in order for me to make the decision that was best for me. I then told them I demand a full refund and that I was going to the Attorney General's Office and seeking an attorney for advice.

My client came in with my $500 and told me she was sorry and that I need to do what is best for me. She was a totally different person when she came in, she grabbed her son and his things and left.

Later I got a call from her apologizing for not fully informing me of the methods and tools and hopes that I don't think she was trying to trick/fool me. I just told her that it wasn't her fault I should have done my own research and made a sound decision before giving up my money.

This morning she showed up with a new attitude and her son is still this crying and screaming child. What should I do? He is so innocent and to me it is abuse and neglect.

Date: April 11, 2009 01:12PM

I enrolled ten people over the years into the Basic seminar.

Zero relationships destroyed. In fact my relationships will all of my friends and family and even strangers have improved significantly, not to mention the amount of friends I have now has increased exponentially since attending the seminars.

I spent close to $10K on everything and it was totally worth it. If I had to do it all over again I'd pay ten times that. The quality with which my life has been enriched as a result of participating in PSI Seminars is priceless - and no, I don't work for the company.

Date: April 12, 2009 07:44PM

PSI is one of the “greatest” things you’ve done in your life?

Well PSI has been one of the greatest things to happen in my life too; but in a very negative way.

One of the greatest things to happen in my life was a marriage to a woman I loved more than myself. Well that ended as soon as the wife returned from the ranch.

One of the greatest things in my life was the birth of my daughters. Try telling my young daughters that their mother got involved in this cult like organization and threw them away for no other reason than “this is what was right for me.” Try telling them that they were unimportant to their mother after her return from the basic and ranch. Try explaining to them that their mother was brainwashed by a group of untrained mind fuckers. Try explaining to them why their mother is no longer involved in their lives because of her involvement with PSI.

One of the greatest things in my life was having a whole family; not one that was broken apart by a concept that you can create your own reality by “white light” and “going into your workshop.”

And I’m sure once you read this you’ll tell me to “stop playing the victim” and that you took what PSI taught you and "applied only what you wanted in life and left the rest." Well good luck with that.

PSI is nothing more than a con game geared to strip you of your mind and money.

And by your posting here (which you are entitled to do) you discounting the misery caused by PSI with the other people who have posted here. You have no idea the effects PSI has had on the people who have LOST the one they hold most dear.

I bet you even discount them because it doesn’t fit into your reality.

But of course that is the reality of PSI.

Date: April 13, 2009 12:12PM

I'm not going to discount anything. The breaking up of a family is never a good time. I cannot comment on your individual situation nor any of the others' as I'm only getting one side of the story here. All I can comment on are my experiences and I've only seen great things come out of the work we do within these seminars including couples cancelling divorce proceedings after taking the class together on two different occasions - not to mention bringing estranged loved ones back together on countless occasions. All I can say about your situation is something that I've come to accept and that's that life isn't fair. Once you accept that wholy you can drop the resentment and move on. As has been said, "Resentment is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die." You know it's true. It isn't productive and it doesn't feel good so why go there? All resentment does is reinforce our ego's need to be right. You deserve better.

Make it a great one. :)

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 13, 2009 09:45PM

The monolith:

I have received many complaints about PSI over the years and they reflect a similar pattern of family problems, divorce, etc. linke to its programs.

You seem unwilling and/or unable to admit that PSI has such problems, which are caused by its programs.

Attempting to blame someone for their own injury rather than admit this is not a meaningful response to the inherent problems at PSI.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: April 14, 2009 12:37AM

The monolith
I'm not going to discount anything. The breaking up of a family is never a good time. I cannot comment on your individual situation nor any of the others' as I'm only getting one side of the story here. All I can comment on are my experiences and I've only seen great things come out of the work we do within these seminars including couples cancelling divorce proceedings after taking the class together on two different occasions - not to mention bringing estranged loved ones back together on countless occasions. All I can say about your situation is something that I've come to accept and that's that life isn't fair. Once you accept that wholy you can drop the resentment and move on. As has been said, "Resentment is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die." You know it's true. It isn't productive and it doesn't feel good so why go there? All resentment does is reinforce our ego's need to be right. You deserve better.

Make it a great one. :)

You have utilized one of the oldest tricks in the LGAT (cult) book here with your breezy dismissal of information contrary to your happy little PSI view of the world. You've given over your mind to the "happy-clappy" "great things" brainwashing. And despite your avowal to only comment on ~your experiences,~ you've attempted to discount all the other experiences that negate or diminish your own. You drank the kool-aid about turning off your mind to the things in this world that might cloud your little self-interest. Well, half (or three-quarters or one third or whatever) of critical thinking is recognizing and taking a full accounting of the bad, pointless, ugly, harmful, stupid, cruel, evil, wrong, foul, criminal, sneaky, and/or silly. Miss these and you've missed some important information, like the fact that LGATs are cults-in-a-different-costume and they do similar damage to your mind, your personality, and your character. Cults make people stupid and you are a fool if you think you are an exception. Your post is the same blah-blah-blah "not my experience" "couples cancelling (sic) divorce proceedings" "bringing estranged loved ones back" platitude and jargon spewing brain-dead nonsense we see here on a regular basis. It don't fly here.

Ellen

Current Page: 14 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.