Current Page: 9 of 23
Re: PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: November 03, 2007 12:33PM

Amen to that Jeri442

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: persephone ()
Date: November 09, 2007 05:25AM

Jeri442
persephone, how's it going with your friend?

Jeri, I apologize for not replying earlier as I haven't been on this site forawhile. It is another friend and something called ACN that brings me here today.
As for my "friend" who encouraged me to go through PSI ("take all the seminiars" he said) I don't have any contact with him. I have no idea how he came into it or why he seems not like the kind of person to follow a crowd. I really didn't know him that well, apparently. I think he's a bit of a mess but for many other reasons.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: November 12, 2007 01:28AM

persephone, that you for your reply. I'm glad your "friend" failed to talk you into taking PSI seminars. I wished I had had the presence of mind not to go because I honestly feel I wouldn't have screwed up my life this badly.

Date: November 30, 2007 07:09AM

I look back on the time my wife got involved with PSI and I wished I had seen this for what it was. I still feel responsible for the damage this did to her mind.

Posted by: Mary K ()
Date: December 02, 2007 11:51AM

Add another marriage and family to the list of victims.

Date: December 08, 2007 11:15PM

www.thevillagenews.com/story.php?story_id=27029#comments

Don't know if this will work but this is a link to a news article on PSI Seminars. You can leave comments.

Date: December 17, 2007 11:33AM

Did anyone see “The Simpson’s” tonight.

There was another reference to PSI on it tonight.

Homer was reliving his past and he came upon a cell-phone from a company called “Synergy Wireless.”

This struck me was being very funny. “Wired” into the cosmic reality, maybe?

I wondered if someone, a writer maybe, with someone he lost to PSI Seminars?

Date: December 20, 2007 12:23PM

I was checking some of the PSI yahoo groups and found this. Apparently this Paul person posted something and got this response from one the PSI Grads. Her response was one you would expect from someone who has been “brainwashed” by PSI. What I didn’t expect was Paul’s response. Thought it was something I should share.

In team459@xxxxxxx.com (name removed)
wrote:

Dear Paul,
I read your email and while I am not intimately aquainted with the details of your marriage, I feel your pain and am truly sorry for what you are going through. I want to clarify that I am in no way an employee of PSI and have no personal agenda here. My heart broke when I read your email and I am writing with the hope that in some small
way I can humbly offer my perspective. I wish I had great words of wisdom or a magic band-aid but, alas, pain is one of those things that can't be justified away. I in no way want to invalidate your experience but hope that you will give me a chance to share my own experience with you as well.

I took my PSI courses back in 1995 and, having had 12 years of daily life experience since, I think I may be able to offer a little insight from both a personal and bird's eye view. I understand the "high" that comes from the RANCH experience and that this is not
always the norm in our daily living. There is a quote that says, "most men lead lives of quiet desperation". The purpose, I believe, of the introspective and often emotional work that is done during these classes is to "break the seal", to wake us up from this numbness, this "quiet desperation" that has beome the status quo in our society. It is never intended to be the causal factor for making irresponsible decisions or rash selfish choices. In fact, one of the guidelines following every PSI class is that no major decisions regarding
relationships be made in the first 30 days following the course completion. No new relationships, no ending of old ones. The reasons I think are obvious.

I also agree with you that we are not broken. In fact, I believe that this statement is the ultimate message of PSI and other similar work... that while we are all fallible by the nature of our mere humaness, that these imperfections do not define us. In my mind, the
greatest thing I have learned by attending classes like PSI is that my weaknesses may be another's strength. For example, I am a creative soul. I have the ability to write music, to lead a group, to be a conduit of compassion, but... you ask me to create a financial
statement and I convulse. I used to think that this made me incomplete, weak, imperfect. What I have come to discover is that there are others whose strengths and weaknesses complement mine and this somehow gives me permission to be OK with my imperfections knowing that together, we are more than we are alone.

I want you to know that you are not the only one to feel this way. Over the past 12 years, unfortunately, I have seen situations unfold that caused more pain than good. Choices that were made from that place you referred to as the "wanting more" syndrome. I've seen people end marriages and quit perfectly good jobs to seek after that ever
illusive "more" only to wake up broke and alone wishing they could go back to life they knew. But I have also seen marriages healed, people start companies that make a radical difference in our world. I myself have had experiences on both ends of the spectrum.

Over the years since my PSI work, Amongst other decisions, I ended a good relationship with the father of my child, bought a car I couldn't afford, and quit a perfectly good career as a special ed teacher. But, I have also healed relationships with my family and
created a level of intimacy I had never before experienced. I turned one of my ideas into a product that lead to a nationalo licensing agreement with a major promotional product company. I started a career in a field I was told I could never break into and climbed to #5 in the nation. I channelled my creative skills into my love of songwriting and have been able to use my music to raise many thousands of dollars to fund inner city education, to open feeding centers in hondurus. I have sat face to face with cancer patients, drug addicts, stroke victims, brain injured, homeless, hungry and broken people and have seen the magic of music create healing and hope that simply put, humbles me.

Yes, I have seen and tasted the fall out that you are tasting. I have, at times, been the cause. But, more than anything, I have seen a golden thread of hope tying these pat 12 years together that is colored with more joy, more beauty, more love, more healing, more
success. Even with all of the snags along the way, the fabric of my life is truly richer and more vibrant as a result of the journey I began 12 years ago.

PSI is by no means the end all, say all of how to live our lives. It is simply a vehicle. It is we who choose how to drive, and what road to take. Just as we may not like our car salesman, but it doesn't keep us from buying the car, or we may not agree with certain church teachings,but it doesn't keep us from believeing in God, so it is with many experiences in our life, PSI included. I truly mean it when I tell you that it is totally OK if you don't agree with PSI, but not doesn't keep us as human beings from searching, hoping, from trying to be more of who we're here to be. In fact, you may not like or agree
with your wife, but it will never keep you from loving her. Separate yourself, if you can, from your anger with PSI and see your wife as a woman, a wonderfully fallible person who is simply trying to be more of who she believes she is here to be in this lifetime. You don't have to like it. you don't have to agree with it. But love her through it. Toddlers will throw tantrums, teenagers will rebel, but we love them still. Your beautiful wife, the woman you love is simply going through the growing pains of becoming who she truly is. Love her anyway. Just when the caterpillar thought it's life was over, it became a butterfly. So, let her fly. Better yet, meet her there.

I wish you happiness and healing in your life Paul and know that whatever happens somehow, you will both come through this with a greater insight, compassion, and love for yourselves and for each other. Peace and blessings to you Paul,

(name remover)

Re: Dear Paul...

I don't think you understand. I can never have a relationship with my wife again. That's because she killed herself a few months after coming back from PSI7. It will be three years ago this Christmas. Would you like to tell these things to my children? They were the ones who found her.

Thanks for the kind words but PSI is a candy bar wrapped around a pile of shit.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: December 22, 2007 09:10PM

Steve989
www.thevillagenews.com/story.php?story_id=27029#comments

Don't know if this will work but this is a link to a news article on PSI Seminars. You can leave comments.

I tried to post a comment to this and they just deleted it. So much for freedom of the press. I guess they're afraid of being sued by PSI.

Posted by: persephone ()
Date: December 28, 2007 12:51PM

I hope that the people here who have so many regrets about what happened to them or the ones they love(d) realize that by sharing their thoughts, feelings and experiences have helped others like myself. It makes me sick to hear stories like what happened to this Paul fellow and his wife. I wish you all a happy new year! You all deserve to be happy!

Current Page: 9 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.