Current Page: 7 of 23
PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: Ghost Dancer ()
Date: July 25, 2007 09:40AM

Jen,

I am very sorry about your Dad. I can understand how he felt as I am now going through the beginning of losing my wife to PSI. This has taken alot out of me and I can understand what he went through. This feels almost as bad as losing a loved one to cancer or a death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:27AM

I was going though my dad’s computer and I learned that my mother had attended these PSI seminars before she left and divorced him. My dad wrote down his thoughts and feelings almost everyday and they were always about my mother, and how much he missed her and how much this had hurt him. He would write he could feel her presence, either driving in his car or when he went out to eat, and he would get depressed when he realized she was not there and not in his life anymore.

He researched this group and found all this information about PSI Seminars and other lgats and how destructive they could be. He never told any of us what mom got involved in, and after reflecting on the past five years I can see how my mother’s behavior fits the description of some others on this message board. I remembered her coming back from one of these classes and asking me to take it, but at the time I was in college and had too much on my plate. I also remember her being somewhat put out that I had turned her down; now I’m glad I didn’t go. The relationship with my mother has been strained over the last few years as I want to love her, but only because she’s my mother; it’s not because I like her as a person after she attended this seminar.

As for my mother she has had several failed relationships over the past five years, has spent several thousands of dollars and has nothing to show for it. When she asked if she could come to the funeral I told her; no what would be the point. She didn’t respect him in life why pay your respects in death. When she asked what I meant I told her that she had a commitment to her marriage and she failed because of her selfishness. I told her that her leaving had “changed” my dad. I told her that I hated her for what this had done to him. I only know that my dad loved her more than he loved himself; and he didn’t see anything wrong with that.

It’s just not right.

I thought I was done with this and moved on; but I guess I was wrong. For some reason I have been thinking more and more of my wife. After reviewing all the posts I've missed I can see this effects more and more people everyday.

The post from Jen made me feel very sad. Sad for myself, sad for Jen and the loss of her father. Sad for everyone who lost a loved one to PSI.

And Jen it is not right....

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:34AM

Jen, I am very sorry. I could have been the woman you spoke about. I cannot even begin to explain how this changed my thought processes when I did PSI a few years ago. It took me a long time to "snap" out of it. I still have problems adapting to coming back to reality. I hope your mom see the lights someday and I am truly sorry about your dad.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:51AM

**URGENT**
Hi everyone, I am a frequent poster on the Impact Trainings thread, a recovering LGAT victim and an ally in the fight against all LGATs.
I am writing this because one of my best friends is a photojournalist and is very interested in doing a story on "how (insert any LGAT here) ruined your life."
If PSI ruined your life, you would like a chance to be heard, and you are either in southern California or in northern Utah PLEASE PM me today or tommorrow. She needs to write up a proposal first and needs someone to do the story about, but the proposal is due in the next couple days. Please PM me if you have any questions, are interested or know someone who might be interested. Thanks so much![/size:2ae7f9e084]

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:54AM

persephone said:

I can't find the words to thank you all enough for sharing your experiences first and second-hand with PSI Seminars. A "friend" recommended I go through this program. Now I know he is so full of BS (and a pathological liar and probably split personality in my opinion). After reading through many of the posts here I feel grateful for not even getting anywhere near PSI except to check out their website out of curiousity. This has probably not only saved me from making my life worse (and I would have surely made myself and others baffled and sick) and I know this experience with this forum and my "friend" has oddly enough probably saved my marriage and my sanity. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Glad someone took the time to read what PSI does to your mind.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 22, 2007 05:13AM

Good for you, persophone, I'm glad you did not get sucked into the PSI vortex. You still have to be careful thought, as these organizations keep popping up with different names.

Remember, do not sign unthing until you have read the fine, fine print.
If you do sign something, make sure you keep a copy for yourself.
Understand the meaning of a Concent Form. People sign these without fully realizing what they are signing.

Most importantly of all, if something does not feel right in your gut, (that gut feeling) something is deffinitely wrong. If the "little voice in your head" is telling you to watch out, then listen to it.

And most of all, if something sounds too good to be true, well, it is probably not good at all.

take care,
sincerely,
'shad'

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: August 30, 2007 12:50PM

He researched this group and found all this information about PSI Seminars and other lgats and how destructive they could be. He never told any of us what mom got involved in, and after reflecting on the past five years I can see how my mother’s behavior fits the description of some others on this message board. I remembered her coming back from one of these classes and asking me to take it, but at the time I was in college and had too much on my plate. I also remember her being somewhat put out that I had turned her down; now I’m glad I didn’t go. The relationship with my mother has been strained over the last few years as I want to love her, but only because she’s my mother; it’s not because I like her as a person after she attended this seminar.

It just amazes me that the effects last this long. I am sorry about your mom Jen. I have seen what this did to my ex-wife and what this made her into. I also realize what this has done to me. This has turned me into an angry man and it seems like the only thing I have left is my daughters and I thank God for that everyday. I wished I could explain how I feel as my emotions are all over the scale. My main concern is my daughters and this has had a negative effect on them also. I sometime wonder what this is going to do to them in the long run. It a wonder that I can function some days.

Posted by: Nason.x ()
Date: September 03, 2007 11:59AM

My wife came back from this in the last few months and she is completely lost. The only thing that matters to her is her PSI group. She even calls them her "New family."

Date: September 03, 2007 10:38PM

Hi Steve,
It is so hard to know that so many people are going through the same thing with regard to the LGATs...I hope that you can continue to keep the lines of communication open with your children...and I hope that you have people close to that you can talk to...

hi Nason x.

I hope that you can get some little bit of comfort from talking abou your experience here...I know it has helped me immesely.

regards to both of you
'shad'

Date: September 03, 2007 11:12PM

I think people should be able to express their anger here, and I agree with others (can't remember their names offhand now) who reminds us that every one has a different "recovery" stage/time period.

regards'
'shad'

Current Page: 7 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.