Current Page: 21 of 23
Re: PSI Seminars and what Happened to me...
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 07:13AM

Found this and had to laugh.

Love Isn't Enough.

Study identifies factors that impact the outcome of marriages after taking PSI Seminars.

July 15, 2009 5:08 AM

Looking for love? Society and culture tell us love cures all and to be truly happy, we need to find the one who "completes us." And once we find love, we marry and then it’s bliss. Right? Wrong!!!!!!!

Well, researchers from the Australian National University report love isn’t what will make us live "happily ever after." The study, "What’s Love Got to Do with It," followed 2,500 couples (married or living together) for six years to see which couples stayed together and why and why couples went to PSI Seminars and divorced.

Here's a rundown of factors that played a significant role in whether those marriages lasted or failed:

• Blending families—20 percent of marriages with kids from prior relationships end in divorce.

• Second/third marriages—90 percent of these couples are likely to separate or divorce.

• Desire to have children—If the women has a much stronger desire to have kids than her spouse, the marriage is not likely to succeed.

• Relationship status of parents—If couples come from separated or divorced parents, 17 percent were headed toward the same result, as compared to 10 percent who come from stable homes and if your new spouse has attended PSI Seminars and leaves his/her first spouse you're likely to separate and divorce also.

• If one spouse goes to PSI Seminars and the other does not.

• If one spouse goes for sex during the barn dance with someone other than their spouse gthe marriage will likely end in divorce.

• If your PSI buddy is a man and you’re a woman, and he picked out your “sexy” clothing for the barn dance your marriage will more than likely end in divorce.

• If you attend PSI7 and bring home a cow turd on a sheet of plywood and try to explain why you would bring home such a thing it will more than likely mean the end of your marriage.

• Money—The root of all evil? Well not exactly, but 90 percent of relationships in which one spouse attended PSI Seminars while paying for the program behind the other’s back ended in separation or divorce.

Is there anything that won't send us to divorce court? The study identified these as non-issues in the success or failure rates of those studied:

• How many kids a couple has

• Whether or not the wife is employed

• Number of years the couple is employed

• And NEVER EVER attending PSI Seminars

In the examination of marriage and relationships, other studies have suggested that we may be predestined to fail or succeed but if you go to PSI Seminars it is a guaranteed that your marriage will FAIL!!!!.

While there are a lot of factors contributing to success or failure of a marriage it seems like common sense is left behind after attending a PSI Seminars Program so be prepared to get DIVORCED.

Many will ignore the warning and go anyway so follow the strong scent of money to the PSI Bank and you too can have all the LOVE money can buy; Remember: PSI is the best love money can buy. (as long as the money lasts.)

Forgo logic and create your own reality and you too can ruin your life. The reasons we are drawn to another person are sometimes curious. Factor in the realities of life and the journey involved in a relationship, and the reasons we stay together are even more mysterious and complicated unless of course you’re involved in PSI Seminars. So get those divorce papers ready!!!!! Because if the one you love attends PSI Seminars that's the only thing left. DIVORCE PAPERS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: April 05, 2011 09:57AM

I saw this and laughed my ass off. I'm glad I can now laugh about all this.

"Synergy," a code word lazy people use when they want you to do all the work.

That's PSI alright.

Date: April 11, 2011 10:18AM

Ok, sorry I’m posting this more than one thread. BUT I feel this is important. Apparently someone started a website (link below) and is posting, and even copying, statements written here. Its time PSI Seminars was put out of business.

www.psi-lies.com

Date: May 15, 2011 12:24AM

It looks like PSI Seminars is struggling to get more "clients." Apparently the questions are getting very intense. Explaining some, but not all, the "company" is doing to gain more students to attend the courses. Apparently more people are checking out PSI on the net and are not liking what they see. Apparently people are not falling for the PSI BULLSHIT, or it that cow pies, anymore.

They set up this web site in early May, 2011, to answer the questions they're getting. Check out the response on the one dealing with why spouses leave after attending their courses.

The question was raised about a Clinton investigation into the Whilite's, which didn't answer the question directly; but it was all a matter of "public record." Not good enough Jane. What kind of dodge was that?

The question was also raised if the ranch is hiring illegal immigrants for house keeping duties. Now why would someone raise that question?

Sounds like PSI is on the down slide and is trying to recover from all the bad press they're receiving. Too bad!!!!

[psiseminarstruth.com]

Date: May 17, 2011 07:54AM

Steve989
It looks like PSI Seminars is struggling to get more "clients." Apparently the questions are getting very intense. Explaining some, but not all, the "company" is doing to gain more students to attend the courses. Apparently more people are checking out PSI on the net and are not liking what they see. Apparently people are not falling for the PSI BULLSHIT, or it that cow pies, anymore.

They set up this web site in early May, 2011, to answer the questions they're getting. Check out the response on the one dealing with why spouses leave after attending their courses.

The question was raised about a Clinton investigation into the Whilite's, which didn't answer the question directly; but it was all a matter of "public record." Not good enough Jane. What kind of dodge was that?

The question was also raised if the ranch is hiring illegal immigrants for house keeping duties. Now why would someone raise that question?

Sounds like PSI is on the down slide and is trying to recover from all the bad press they're receiving. Too bad!!!!

[psiseminarstruth.com]

I've heard this information is correct. I tried to leave a post on the psiseminarstruth.com about what happened to me a few years ago and they did not post it. They must be afraid of the truth.

Date: June 04, 2011 08:41AM

I found this on another site. This is sad and oh so true. I am a living example of this. Please do not under any circumstances go to PSI Seminars.

"I found this on another website: "Attend a PSI seminar with eight of my closest, newly-converted PSI buddies. While I'm at it, why don't we refinance the house to pay for their upper level seminars too? ***, let's just give them the house for their weekly PSI meetings. That would seriously be the lamest thing I think anyone could ever do.

People whose loved ones got involved with this group said after the person in question attends the big seminar (its like a week long retreat) they usual break up with their significant other 30 days afterwards then go and do really crazy poo poo - like buying houses and cars they have no way to afford, quit their jobs, and its really common they hook up with someone they met at the retreat or start dating people they met on internet dating services.

They commented that the 'core group' that they were with at the seminar become their support circle and they have constant contact for awhile. They support each other through all the radical decision they make after the seminar. Then after everyone's life goes haywire due to the batsh*t behavior they lose contact and everyone spins off in their own orbit of crazy. They then just promote and staff the local events (that are just recruiting new members) so they can go to the next level retreat. (I think there are 3 major levels of retreats and you are not allowed to contact any outsiders during it (no phone calls, cell phones, email, nothing) totally isolated from your normal circle and surrounded with fellow recruits and members only. That about sums it up.

Want to Join this Batsh*t Now?"

Then I was checking out PSI on FACEBOOK and found a perfect example of what happens when your so brainwashed by PSI Seminars:
Heather wrote at 3:44pm on March 4th, 2009 Hey Everyone! I am so driven in life now that I have graduated WLS. I did the Basic Seminar Jan 29th, four days later went to PSI 7, and then five days later went to WLS. I see the vision. I have felt the urgency needed to make changes in my life and my true vision came to me at WLS. My vision and purpose in life is to be of service to those all over the world. I will create and cause some kind of change in this world. PSI Seminars has a great vision, but it needs to be taken a step further or the vision will die. I will be a part of creating the first of many expansions of PSI all over the world. The first step for me, is getting to principia, so that I may also become a facilitator. With that being said, I am asking for support from my fellow PSI graduates. I exhausted my credit cards and bank account just doing what it took to get through Basic to WLS this last month. I need to raise $3800 to go to principia by March 6th, this friday (to get the discounted price anyway).

Now tell me this is "Normal."

Posted by: ScottAllen ()
Date: June 09, 2011 12:17AM

First off, full disclosure. I'm an employee of PSI Seminars. I'm also the person who largely wrote PSISeminarsTruth.com (with input/approval from senior management, of course). I'm here, openly, and willing to subject myself to the abuse I'll probably receive. But I'm also here to speak rationally to those who will listen. Read on just a bit before you start to judge me.

I've been an employee for just a few months. I have NOT taken any of the courses yet. I haven't drunk any kool-aid. I'm an intelligent, rational person who looked at all of the facts objectively. I spent a week with the top people at the company before I was willing to go to work for them. These people aren't cult masterminds. The suggestion is just so beyond absurd, I'm still just baffled by it. I also looked at all of the negative press I could find, and it simply didn't stand up to critical thinking. I could write volumes about that, but for now, I'm going to just address a couple of things:

Steve989
It looks like PSI Seminars is struggling to get more "clients." Apparently the questions are getting very intense. Explaining some, but not all, the "company" is doing to gain more students to attend the courses. Apparently more people are checking out PSI on the net and are not liking what they see.
PSI Seminars isn't struggling to get more clients. We're just saddened that the current image of what shows online isn't reflective of reality and we're trying to do our part to correct that. People with an ax to grind are very vocal, and sites like this and Pissed Consumer have given a disproportionately loud voice to them. The REALITY is that PSI Seminars has nearly 600,000 graduates over almost 30 years. If even 0.01% of them have a major issue with them, that's still 60 people. How is it that we have an A+ rating with the BBB and only ONE complaint EVER (over a refund, which was resolved and closed)?

Now, look at the criticism in that context. If the things PSI Seminars is being accused of online were habitual, systemic issues, rather than aberrations, there would be THOUSANDS of people talking about it, not a couple of dozen. The reality is that the positive voices -- the dozens of testimonials on YouTube, the 3,600+ Facebook fans, etc. -- far outweigh the criticism. It's just the nature of the Google algorithm, which lends weight to these conversations, that makes it appear otherwise.

PSI Seminars has marketed via word-of-mouth for decades. Now, the internet, particularly social media, is a routine part of people's purchasing decisions. Of course we're going to start using it more. That's not indicative of anything other than the shift that we all know about.

Steve989
What are you talking about? There was no dodge -- it was a completely straightforward, albeit short, answer. The White House requested background information -- not even a background "check" -- on a bunch of people -- campaign contributors, political supporters, potential political enemies, etc. -- just getting bios to know more about who these people were. The FBI screwed up and sent confidential, classified files instead of the standard files. It was a well-recorded public scandal called Filegate. Did you follow the link? If people are thinking it's a dodge, maybe I need to rewrite it. :-)

Point is, it's a loaded question. Jane Willhite wasn't "investigated" -- the White House just wanted to know who she was, along with 100s of other people, and the FBI sent them too much information. It's all completely blown out of proportion with innuendo.

Steve989
Yeah, that's what we wanted to know too. It's another BS accusation we found online, which is why we put up a response to it. Apparently someone thinks that if a person of Latino heritage doesn't speak English, they must be illegal.

Steve989
Sounds like PSI is on the down slide and is trying to recover from all the bad press they're receiving.
No, we're just trying to do a better job of telling our story online. We're a business. What would you do if someone made these kind of false accusations about YOUR business? Seriously.

Jeri442
I've heard this information is correct. I tried to leave a post on the psiseminarstruth.com about what happened to me a few years ago and they did not post it. They must be afraid of the truth.
No, we're not afraid of the truth. There are plenty of forums available to people who want to say something negative about PSI Seminars. And most of what we see in that regard is some combination of atypical personal opinion, innuendo, distortions of the facts, and outright lies. Why would we give additional voice to that? PSISeminarsTruth.com isn't intended to be a forum for public discussion -- it's a site where we get to set the record straight for those who will listen with an open mind, vs. being drowned out by angry people in a forum that's biased in their favor.

I'll answer whatever questions/accusations anyone has, but really... can we all play nice? Keep it civil? No personal attacks, please.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2011 12:35AM

ScottAllen:

PSI is an LGAT (large group awareness training) or what has been called mass marathon training.

Like other LGATs such as Landmark Education (previously known as EST), Lifespring and Sterling Institute of Relationship PSI has a history of complaints and controversy surrounding its training, which this thread reflects in part.

Such training is inherently problematic.

See [www.culteducation.com]

13 liabilities of encounter groups, some of which are similar to characteristics of most current mass marathon psychotherapy training sessions:

1. They lack adequate participant-selection criteria.

2. They lack reliable norms, supervision, and adequate training for leaders.

3. They lack clearly defined responsibility.

4. They sometimes foster pseudoauthenticity and pseudoreality.

5. They sometimes foster inappropriate patterns of relationships.

6. They sometimes ignore the necessity and utility of ego defenses.

7. They sometimes teach the covert value of total exposure instead of valuing personal differences.

8. They sometimes foster impulsive personality styles and behavioral strategies.

9. They sometimes devalue critical thinking in favor of "experiencing" without self-analysis or reflection.

10. They sometimes ignore stated goals, misrepresent their actual techniques, and obfuscate their real agenda.

11. They sometimes focus too much on structural self-awareness techniques and misplace the goal of democratic education; as a result participants may learn more about themselves and less about group process.

12. They pay inadequate attention to decisions regarding time limitations. This may lead to increased pressure on some participants to unconsciously "fabricate" a cure.

13. They fail to adequately consider the "psychonoxious" or deleterious effects of group participation (or] adverse countertransference reactions.

The groups were determined to be dangerous when:

1. Leaders had rigid, unbending beliefs about what participants should experience and believe, how they should behave in the group. and when they should change.

2. Leaders had no sense of differential diagnosis and assessment skills, valued cathartic emotional breakthroughs as the ultimate therapeutic experience, and sadistically pressed to create or force a breakthrough in every participant.

3. Leaders had an evangelical system of belief that was the one single pathway to salvation.

4. Leaders were true believers and sealed their doctrine off from discomforting data or disquieting results and tended to discount a poor result by, "blaming the victim."

You attempt to place blame on those that criticize PSI when you state critics here are "angry people in a forum that's biased in their favor." You then go on in a pattern of "personal attacks" characterizing criticism as "innuendo, distortions of the facts, and outright lies."

The dynamics of PSI and other LGATs seem to include denigrating those that question the training, which can be seen as a facet of coercive persuasion. Such "cult-like" tactics are typical in most LGATs.

See [www.culteducation.com]

The key factors that distinguish coercive persuasion from other training and socialization schemes are:

1. The reliance on intense interpersonal and psychological attack to destabilize an individual's sense of self to promote compliance

2. The use of an organized peer group

3. Applying interpersonal pressure to promote conformity

4. The manipulation of the totality of the person's social environment to stabilize behavior once modified

Robert Lifton labeled the extraordinarily high degree of social control characteristic of organizations that operate reform programs as their totalistic quality (Lifton 1961). This concept refers to the mobilization of the entirety of the person's social, and often physical, environment in support of the manipulative effort. Lifton identified eight themes or properties of reform environments that contribute to their totalistic quality:

1. Control of communication

2. Emotional and behavioral manipulation

3. Demands for absolute conformity to behavior prescriptions derived from the ideology

4. Obsessive demands for confession

5. Agreement that the ideology is faultless

6. Manipulation of language in which cliches substitute for analytic thought

7. Reinterpretation of human experience and emotion in terms of doctrine

8. Classification of those not sharing the ideology as inferior and not worthy of respect

Reflecting on the complaints received about PSI they often describe such manipulation and control.

What do you think PSI does wrong?

What could PSI do to reduce complaints and correct systemic flaws in its training?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:01PM

ScottAllen has been banned from this message board.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"This forum was established for the purpose of allowing those with concerns about certain groups, leaders and designated topics to express and address those concerns."

The rules agreed to by every member of this message board before posting here specifically preclude "advertising or business promotions".

Date: June 21, 2011 08:37AM

I found this on another blog. Thomas has posted his thoughts and I naturally posted mine. Today I found this one from Hannah. I feel the pain PSI has caused me and others.

Written by Thomas Mahoney on June 17, 2011
I have taken the PSI seminar and both of my two girls a year later, and it has changed our lives for the better. There are always many losers in each class who blame everyone and everything else for never amounting to anything. Some of these people do not understand the lessons and then later write on blogs like these to again blame someone else. My company required I take the course and I use the stills I learned each and every day.

Written by Jeri on June 18, 2011
Well Thanks for your input Thomas. I’m glad you understand the difference between you and the “many losers in each class.” Maybe some of us “do not understand the lessons” and have to write on blogs such as these to get a better understanding on how PSI mind FU*K us and sent us back to “real world” where us “Losers” destroyed our lives and families.

I’m glad you had the presence of mind to send “both of my two girls” a year later. And I find it odd you didn't mention your wife! Did she see thru this bullsh*t or did you dump her because she wouldn't go? Sounds like you’re just as MIND FU*Ked as the rest of us.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that the real “Loser” is you. Did not PSI teach you to be tolerant of others? No; they teach you that your friends and family don’t mean a thing. It’s PSI and the other “Losers.” I guess that lesson didn’t take.

Written by Hannah on June 20, 2011
I have never taken a seminar. And never plan to. I agree, it is a cult. It destroyed my family. My mother took it, (I'm a teenager) and she isn't the same person, and that's in a bad way. She is selfish, and rude, and narrow-minded. She is trying to force my younger siblings to take the Children's Basic. But my father will not stand for it. When he said he wouldn't allow her to sign them up, she stated she was getting a lawyer. Which says how much brainwashing they do there. My mom is drowning in her debt from this, and it is greatly impacting me and my younger brother and sister. So, I 100% agree ists cult, and NEEDS government action in USA as well as ALL over the world!

Current Page: 21 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.