Current Page: 9 of 12
Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 09, 2003 10:27PM

Kember,

I found it fascinating that there is no paper trail on any of the experts featured on The Scoop on Landmark web page. Searching under name and license numbers provided resulted in "No Results Found" on ALL the state licensing boards for physicians, psychologists, DOs, etc. If a practitioner's license is suspended, revoked or retired, it is noted on other licensees, but not on these "experts" listed. They have all somehow been left off the rosters of lall the icensing boards across the US.

This is an important lesson I learned after my experience with a naturopathic physician - because these people provide what looks like official, verifiable information, it doesn't mean it actually exists.

When I notified my state naturopathic association about the problems I was having with my ND, she was quite surprised to find he had never submitted his official info - in other words, even she went on his word that he had credentials.

Can you look up the credentials of the Forum leaders?

Options: ReplyQuote
Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Kember ()
Date: September 09, 2003 10:42PM

Hi Hope,

I'm currently searching for the referenced MD's quoted on that page. Interestingly enough, the only place they are turning up are on the landmark education french page. [www.landmarkeducation.fr]

So...I don't get it. Why would this page be virtually identical the french page run by Landmark? As a matter of fact, with the exception of the language and color differences, the pages are almost the same from top to bottom.

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 09, 2003 11:04PM

Did you come up with anything on Richard Bralliar, who is listed as a psychiatrist on the home page, but as a DO in his letter? DOs traditionally use methods other than prescription drugs as therapy, and psychiatrists just the opposite. Hmm.....

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Kember ()
Date: September 10, 2003 12:01AM

The only references to a Richard Bralliar that I could find anywhere were on Landmark sites. The scooponlandmark site referenced his letter, and the landmark education french site referenced it. Other than that, he comes up no where on the internet.

I tried to call the numbers listed on the article, but it was written 8 years ago, so they were both out of service.

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: express ()
Date: September 10, 2003 01:50AM

Doctor of Osteopathy profession (DO)

HISTORY OF PROFESSION
The first college of osteopathy was started in 1892 at Kirksville, Missouri, by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still. Dr. Still, who was originally educated as a conventional Doctor of Medicine (MD), believed that the continuum between health and illness was primarily influenced by the soundness and mechanical functioning of the body's structures. In contrast to conventional medicine, which historically focused on the individual systems of the body, osteopathic medicine's original premise emphasized the interactive relationships between all body systems, with a continually shifting balance to maintain a state of health.

Osteopaths tend to focus on the neuro-musculoskeletal system and may perform manipulations to treat a wide range of problems. DOs are trained to evaluate the body through taking histories, focusing not only on the health problem or concern but lifestyle issues as well (which in recent years have been emphasized more in conventional medical schools also). Over the years, the gap between "conventional" medicine and osteopathic medicine has narrowed as MDs have embraced many of the premises of osteopathic medicine (such as recognizing the impact of stress upon the immune system or posture upon various system functions) and DOs have incorporated many of the diagnostic and therapeutic techniques common to conventional medicine (such as obtaining lab work, prescribing medications).

SCOPE OF PRACTICE
The scope of practice for osteopaths includes diagnostic and therapeutic techniques (including musculoskeletal manipulations as well as prescriptions and other therapies) and preventive measures. Much diversity can be found among practicing osteopathic doctors. Some model their practice so closely with conventional medicine that they may be indistinguishable from MDs. Others practice a very "classic" or "pure" style of osteopathic medicine, relying on drugs or surgery only if absolutely necessary after other measures have been unsuccessful.

PRACTICE SETTINGS
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine may be found in nearly any health care setting from community clinics or private practices to osteopathic or conventional hospitals or academic medical centers. Practice specialties are similar to those of MDs and may include obstetrics/gynecology, neurology, surgery, psychiatry, and others.

REGULATION OF PROFESSION
Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine, like physicians and many other professionals, are regulated at 2 different levels. Licensure is a process that takes place at the state level in accordance with specific state laws. In contrast, certification is established through a national organization(s) with nationally consistent requirements for minimal professional practice standards.

Licensure: Most states require that applicants for DO licensure be graduates of an approved school of osteopathic medicine and have completed a 12-month internship, or the equivalent, in an approved hospital. Some states do not maintain a separate professional board and licensure specifically for DOs. In such states, DOs are licensed as physicians through the same process as MDs.

Certification: DOs who wish to specialize may become "Board Certified" (in much the same manner as MDs) by completing a 3- to 4- year residency within the specialty area and passing the board certification exams

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Adrienne ()
Date: September 29, 2003 04:28AM

My friend is calling me from this forum and she is loosing it progressively all weekend. Is there anything/lingo I can use to break the trance/psychotic state? She is totally scary and posessed right now! I will try to use some of this bullshit lingo to "get it" into her head that she is in a mind-control group. This is so wrong...she was so trusting, sweet, and vunerable!!!!

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: andyval ()
Date: September 30, 2003 03:09AM

Landmark is not a cult - which bit of 'is not' don't you get - change the bleedin record

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: October 10, 2003 09:15AM

which part of u have no truth dont u get ?

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Adrienne ()
Date: October 10, 2003 07:17PM

:confused: I don't understand the last two replies to my posting. Could someone elaborate or translate for me?

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: surfer2 ()
Date: October 10, 2003 10:13PM

Could someone please explain what exactly "Landmark" is and what the author of this topic was going on about.. It sounded to me like blatent "mind-control" In which the person running this "forum?" took advantage of peoples defencless emotions to convince them into a following belief, At which then they were told to take out their checkbooks!

...sounds like a [i:8df0f0698b]cult[/i:8df0f0698b] to me
whatever that word may mean

Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.