Current Page: 7 of 12
Considering the Forum???
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 07, 2003 10:51AM

Unlike the LGATs in its database, [www.culteducation.com] does not prosyletize. This site does not generate 'pop' up ads or blinking ads on other websites.

You will not be tiresomely hit on by friends, bosses, coworkers, and urged to log on to [www.culteducation.com]

And, if you do, by chance decide to try [www.culteducation.com,] it is FREE. You dont have to leave your home, go to any meetings.

And there are no published reports of people suffering nervous breakdowns or psychiatric crises as a result of reading the material on this website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Considering the Forum???
Posted by: elena ()
Date: September 07, 2003 02:43PM

There is no "meaningful" Landmark "dialog." It's not a dialog. I'ts an "enrollment conversation." Remember? Either enrolling people into Landmark or enrolling them into making *YOUR* life "amazing" by manipulating them to your benefit.

No, how we are "being" now is not how we are "being" in the rest of our lives, no matter what your Landmark coaches have told you. That stuff doesn't work with us, Wolfy.

No cult member ever believes that he has been sucked into some weird cult.

You're still using the handbook, aren't you.

Ellen

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: September 08, 2003 12:47AM

wolfy

All the arguments I've heard so far are cold, cynical, conspiratorial, full of fear and negativity. Cynicism never helps. It just closes the heart down. There are reds under the bed, black people are coming to get you, the aliens are coming, we need to get armed, the government is out to get us, there's poison in the water... you can believe in whatever weird theory you like, but it doesn't make it the truth.

Is it just Landmark you're against, or are there other things too? Is your hostility a function of your life? Does it show up anywhere else? Living in fear is not a great feeling and I would hazard a guess that those people who are scared Landmark will soul-suck or brainwash them are probably sacred of a lot of other things too.

This is an extremely manipulative post by Wolfy.
Perhaps he is just practicing handling objections using the Soft-Sell.

Its interesting his name is WOLFY. Reminds me of a WOLF in sheeps clothing!

The Landmarking has now started from Wolfy. (Personal Attacks)
* Don't be so cynical!
* you are paranoid!
* aliens are coming to get you!
* Commies are after you.
* you are a racist, (blacks are coming to get you)
* you are living in fear!
* you are scared of life!
* you are hostile!
* you are cold, cynical, conspiratorial, full of fear and negativity
* approach Landmark with an open mind!

Same old propaganda. I've seen almost the exact same words many times, same old garbage.
Its just a simple tactic, to try a get vulnerable people to DROP THEIR GUARD.
The Landmarking has STARTED in that post. The VICIOUS twisting of reality has started.

Telling the person they are "paranoid, cynical, scared of blacks, Commies, living in fear, hostile, cold, cynical, conspiratorial, full of fear and negativity".

Very twisted and ugly words from you Wolfy. Very sad.

That crud unfortunately works on vulnerable people who start to doubt themselves. This is the technique of the Landmark con-man.

Whenever one of these Landmarkians starts running the patterns like the one above, starting with PERSONAL CRITICISMS to try to get under his victims skin, WALK AWAY.
Tell him to F*** Off!!!
And WALK AWAY.

Wolfy has given the reader of this thread, a Masterclass in the "soft-sell" approach of Landmark.

They sometimes start with a soft-sell, and if the person has a Healthy Suspicion of Cultic Conmen, they try and turn THAT on the person, and start calling them "paranoid, racist, scared of Aliens". Then on it goes.
DO NOT LISTEN to Wolfy.
Be skeptical of conmen and salesman.
Be a Critical Thinker.
Don't fall for his garbage, and insults.

Wolfy!
Thanks for helping more people stay away from Landmark!
I am sure your Landmark buddies will be "thrilled" with you OPENLY EXPOSING those manipulative Landmarks techniques in this anti-cult forum!
Keep it up!

Coz

Considering the Forum???
Date: September 08, 2003 01:48AM

Corboy observes:

>>Its just like a pickpocket smootching/snogging you, getting you all horny and, while you are unaware of it, slipping your wallet out of your back pocket.>>

LOL...Too true!

Ellen

Considering the Forum???
Date: September 08, 2003 02:00AM

>>you could probably call me a lot of things - but brainwashed and a liar?

Nah.>>>

No one's calling you a liar, wolfy. That's the problem. Most likely, you honestly "believe" the garbage you've been fed. If you were "lying" you probably wouldn't waste your time posting here among the skeptics and instead spend your time more fruitfully trying to recruit more dupes. Real con men are smarter than to expend their energy where there's no likely payoff. They use their resources where they stand to benefit; among the gullible.

Brainwashed? Call it what you will: misinformed, misguided, tricked, fooled, duped, undereducated, misled,....whatever.

Ellen

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: wolfy ()
Date: September 08, 2003 03:08AM

I have not made any attempt to convince anyone to do Landmark. All I've done is told people what my experience has been, in the interests of some kind of balance.

I have not made any attempt to disregard or belittle the experiences of those who claim to have been damaged by Landmark.

As I've said before, if my experience of Landmark was based solely upon what I've read on this site, I would have been horrified. I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it.

But I'm glad that I did, because my experience of Landmark was the complete opposite of what's been described here.

Because of the nature of this forum it's hard to get the bottom of what actually went on for the unsatisfied people. I am more than willing to tell you what I got out of it personally, what I learned about myself - but I am not sure anyone here is actually interested. All you want is to dominate and be right.

As for me saying "how you're being with me now, is how you are in the rest of your life", by that I mean, about Landmark you're being cynical, dominating, right and over-bearing... I'll bet that there are other areas and parts of your life where you're like that as well. For you it probably appears that you're just right about everything - your point of view is the correct one and everyone else is wrong. Can there really be no other point of view than your own?

I don't know how many people have done the Landmark forum, but I'll bet its nearly a million, or something like that. How many complaints have there been? Does anyone know? Does anyone actually care?

That doesn't mean that each and every complaint isn't valid or shouldn't be addressed - but we need some perspective. If you believe this site you'd think that everyone who did Landmark was angry and ripped off - when in fact it's probably a fraction of one percent.

Please people, let's have some perspective. I'm prepared to let you have your point of view - at least I'm prepared to admit that I could be wrong - and God forbid, will actually consider any evidence put before me.

For me Landmark has been a valuable tool in helping me take on the kind of life I thought was beyond me - it's not for everyone - I'm not telling everyone to do it - all I'm doing is letting you know there are normal, well balanced people out there who don't have the same views that you do. Is that so unreasonable?

I'm amazed that anyone could think I'm some kind of smooth-talking, uber-sleazy fifth columnist - quite clearly, you guys are so fixed in your views that I find it hard to believe anyone could convince you to believe anything you didn't want to.

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 08, 2003 05:20AM

Is it just Landmark you're against, or are there other things too? Is your hostility a function of your life? Does it show up anywhere else? Living in fear is not a great feeling and I would hazard a guess that those people who are scared Landmark will soul-suck or brainwash them are probably sacred of a lot of other things too.

Wolfy,

I was more than willing to read what you had to say until you wrote the above. It is so typical.

I even posted about my experience in my forum, which you did not address. Instead, you chose to assume you know what goes on in the lives posters. This is exactly what I wrote about somewhere in this forum over the past few days. The leader asks what terrible thing happened to participants and then uses their answer to justify that they've been ruining their lives by making up stories about their experience. These leaders have no training in this and no business doing it. If you don't play along in the forum, you get the kind of remarks you made, which I quoted above.

There are many other forums where nothing negative is said about Landmark. I was banned from a forum for asking questions, at a time when I really wasn't sure what was happening to me post Forum.

When I questioned things that had gone on after my forum, after two weeks of getting the run-around via phone, i.e. phone appointments that were set up and then not kept by LE reps, someone called me to say they were sending my money back, which they did. They really weren't interested in hearing what I had to say.

As I stated, I was willing to listen, but you pulled the same crap.

Considering the Forum???
Date: September 08, 2003 05:48AM

'When the evidence is in your favor argue on the basis of the evidence. That is the most powerful position

When the evidence is against you, argue the law--thats the second most powerful position'.

When both law and evidence is against you, yell, pound the table, and attack your adversary's personal life.'

the LGAT people keep telling us to do their work for them by citing the evidence, when what they need to do is read it themselves. Members have already read that information and often have been through LGAT stress.

Members have arrived at their viewpoints after a lot of hard work and dont appreciate being nagged to justify themselves by persons who have not read the published material.

All the time the LGAT trolls spend posting material on this site is time stolen away from their own families--which means that in fidelity to their LGAT means they are neglecting their relationships by haranguing this forum.

These are called 'high demand groups' for a reason--they con you into taking time and attention away from your loved ones to prosyletize.

If we do not listen[b:7cda41836d], it is our choice.[/b:7cda41836d]

Thanks to RR.com, it is a fully informed choice, made in the privacy of our homes, without any external indoctrination

Considering the Forum???
Date: September 08, 2003 06:36AM

because there are forums and websites that represent a diversity of viewpoints.

Balance exists on this site. All the archived material for each group contains the official website of that group, along with the reports by troubled participants. It is not just disgruntled people who use this site--students, journalists, social scientists and other scholars use it as a resource. They would not do so if this were not already a 'balanced' site.

This site exists to provide a specialized service for those who want it--namely a place to research information on groups with harmful track records and find a place to exchange views.

There are already plenty of places where people who enjoy LGATs can go to socialize. We do not disrupt LGATs. We do not start fights on LGAT-sponsored forums and chat rooms. You are free to savor your LGAT experience in peace, or discuss it with other happy customers of that LGAT if you so desire.

This RR.com forum provides balance by providing a relatively scarce commodity in relation to the heavy recruiting done by LGATs --namely an archive of information for those who want to find out if there have been any problems. Physicians like to know if a medication has side effects; they have websites for that.

Lots of people want to know if a group or teacher has produced 'side effects'--just as many patients appeciate being able to research the properties, both good and bad, of their medications. They can find out about the side effects by doing their research here.

Because this site exists, there is a diversity/balanced set of viewpoints in cyberspace.

Considering the Forum???
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: September 08, 2003 07:20AM

wolfy
I have not made any attempt to convince anyone to do Landmark. All I've done is told people what my experience has been, in the interests of some kind of balance.

my experience of Landmark was the complete opposite of what's been described here.

For me Landmark has been a valuable tool in helping me take on the kind of life I thought was beyond me - it's not for everyone - I'm not telling everyone to do it - all I'm doing is letting you know there are normal, well balanced people out there who don't have the same views that you do. Is that so unreasonable?

I'm amazed that anyone could think I'm some kind of smooth-talking, uber-sleazy fifth columnist - quite clearly, you guys are so fixed in your views that I find it hard to believe anyone could convince you to believe anything you didn't want to.

So this is just a combination of saying the Landmark Classic line, "hey it worked for me!" Its just more of a blatant Sales-Marketing pitch. This is done in a general sense, to give Landmark some "positive spin". That's really the goal, not personal recruitment, but to just try and slip in some positive Landmark Propaganda, in case some undecided people read this thread, and other threads. Its general "Viral Word of Mouth Marketing".

And he openly states his goal for beng in this forum. To provide some "balance". That is, to put a positive spin on Landmark.
And to try and "normalize" Landmark. To say, "they are people just like you". "Its a valuable tool". (It is NOT a valuable tool, except for taking your MONEY!).

If you want REAL information about Landmark, not the Propaganda of Wolfy, and other Landmark Apologists, read the many links on this info page.
[www.culteducation.com]

The internet is absolutely CRAWLING with Landmark Promoters. :(

And not only that.
I have seen many cases where Landmark Followers will act as "moles" on other web-boards, and try to get into the "community", and then after a while start doing the Landmark Sales Pitch, that is, telling people how wonderful Landmark is, sending private messages about Landmark, all for the sole purpose of getting these people to go to a Landmark "free meeting."
Do NOT go to that "free meeting". That is your first BRAINWASHING session!
[www.culteducation.com]

Like i said, Landmark is a virus.

Werner Erhard, Landmarks founder, is/was a conman, and a sociopath.

Coz

Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.