Current Page: 2 of 3
Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: Pieces ()
Date: November 18, 2006 06:03AM

Jack Oskar Larm
G'day All,

From my experience, Landmark is a self-defeating ideology and, like a boat with a leak, it will sink. And although the passengers will stay afloat in their Landmark lifejackets for some time, eventually they'll run out of breath and go down with their boat. I don't want my metaphor to sound too fatalistic, but it does seem that way sometimes because those who take the journey are usually weak already.

Most cults offer very little in terms of real benefit in the real world because the cults agenda generally doesn't care about the individual. There will always be those 'submissive' types who fit in and find more meaning than they've ever found anywhere else (it just takes much longer for these people - but, unfortunately, life can too short for some of these).

In my experience, more people 'wake up' to unsound dogma than do not, and that's why it's important to stay calm and strong (no doubt this is also the rhetoric of most cults when having to deal with 'loonies' like me).

So, the actions of the uncoverted (we) to educate the gullible (them) is noble, but it should be handled with care and patience.

Just a matter of who'll be left holding the baggage. They're name is probably not going to be Rosenberg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: November 18, 2006 06:30AM

I remember two years ago Landmark offered their seminar to members of the Phoenix Police Department. The police union, PLEA, posted the classes on their website. Some of the officers went and a few complained it was a bunch of “brainwashing bullshit.” I haven’t heard if there has been any more fallout from that.

As for the brainwashing there was rumor that a County Attorney in Phoenix was playing PLD for PSI seminars and recruited a detective, who promptly left her husband after coming back from PSI7.

So even lawyers and police officers are not immune from this crap.

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 24, 2006 05:08AM

sonnie_dee
excaliber that is not quite accurate, each centre manager has discretion to give out "scholarships" and after 9/11 they offered New York police and fire fighters free tuition. It is not a global policy to give police and fire fighters free tuition.

However like you say it is very good way of free advertising

Hmmmmm...

I think Landmarkers learned that one from the scientologists also. Scientologists have always tried to curry favor with law enforcement. They want to elicit the cooperation of the police when outsiders get aggressive or victims start complaining loudly outside the front door. They want to be able to call on the police to shush critics away when they are protesting on public streets in and around a scientology "org." Here's a story from today's cult news:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Ellen

Landmark Event In Philly
Date: November 24, 2006 05:14AM

Excalibur

Thanks for clarifying that Sonnie_dee. I read somewhere that Landmark offers the forum free to police and fire fighters - it may have been from the old "No Landmark" website that unfortunately disappeared about 2 years ago. That was a very useful and informative site.

I posted some of the pages to alt.fan.landmark, which you can find by searching "NoLandmark" within the group. You can get to the other pages through the Web Archive through those links also.

Ellen

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 24, 2006 05:56AM

est/the Forum/Landmark has/had a course specifically for clergy, as well. cost free? I don't remember. I don't remember much about this.

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: November 24, 2006 07:26AM

Landmark loves to get clergy/religous figures in because then they can use these to intice others. If someone has a concern that it might pull them away from their religon then the landmarkian can pull a "religous name" out of the hat and convince them that landmark is not against their religon.

They offer to pay for those clergy who don't earn an income as such, such as nuns or monks because then they can use these people as examples. They re-coup the costs of giving the scholarship by all the people who then register based on the fact that this nun or monk has done the forum

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: November 25, 2006 01:00PM

In the "Land of Gurus" documentary, you hear a doctor admitting to recruiting his patience. What a breach of professionalism! I'm sure that is their aim with the professionals, especially those in "service" -- to use their power to recruit.

It's extremely frightening to think there are cultie police officers out there!! However, they are trained to sniff out b.s. and mental manipulation, so they probably are the least susceptible... at least i HOPE so!

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: November 26, 2006 12:34AM

Landmark Education has a very strong presence on the campuses of 4-year naturopathic schools, like Bastyr University. That is the school my doctor graduated from. On a naturopathic medicine forum, many students complain about how aggressive the recruiting is on campus there, and on the other handful of campuses. Judging from the attendance of psychiatrists and other medical professionals at The Prophets conference in NYC a few years back, which was very new-agey, pro-LGAT "technology", LE has most probably slithered into mainstream medicine. Another poster here on RR wrote about how another LGAT tried to get into Big Brothers, Big Sisters. As the director of a mentoring program, that is truly horrifying to me.

Landmark Event In Philly
Posted by: lhebert ()
Date: November 27, 2006 05:28AM

skeptic

I'd like to leaflet Landmark. Anyone interested? I would like to warn people BEFORE their lives get f-ed up!

skeptic

I'd be willing to stand outside with a picture of my brother. See my message above, he's a missing person because of Landmark. I live near Chicago. Anyone else from my area that wants to join me? Are there ready-made pamphlets explaining the dangers of Landmark?

Laura
[www.findjamesrowe4t.com]

Landmark Event In Philly
Date: January 03, 2007 04:57AM

Steve989
I remember two years ago Landmark offered their seminar to members of the Phoenix Police Department. The police union, PLEA, posted the classes on their website. Some of the officers went and a few complained it was a bunch of “brainwashing bullshit.” I haven’t heard if there has been any more fallout from that.

As for the brainwashing there was rumor that a County Attorney in Phoenix was playing PLD for PSI seminars and recruited a detective, who promptly left her husband after coming back from PSI7.

So even lawyers and police officers are not immune from this crap.

Landmarkers and the Co$ aren't the only ones courting the police. Take a look at this bit of good news (tic):

[www.truthout.org]

"...During the past two years I traveled across the country to research and write the book "American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America." I repeatedly listened to radical preachers attack as corrupt and godless most American institutions, from federal agencies that provide housing and social welfare to public schools and the media. But there were two institutions that never came under attack - the military and law enforcement. While these preachers had no interest in communicating with local leaders of other faiths, or those in the community who did not subscribe to their call for a radical Christian state, they assiduously courted and flattered the military and police. They held special services and appreciation days for all four branches of the armed services and for various law enforcement agencies. They encouraged their young men and women to enlist or to join the police or state troopers. They sought out sympathetic military and police officials to attend church events where these officials were lauded and feted for their Christian probity and patriotism. They painted the war in Iraq not as an occupation but as an apocalyptic battle by Christians against Islam, a religion they regularly branded as "satanic." All this befits a movement whose final aesthetic is violence. It also befits a movement that, in the end, would need the military and police forces to seize power in American society."

America's Holy Warriors
By Chris Hedges

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.