Current Page: 1 of 2
Scientology and Landmark Education
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 07, 2006 02:14PM

This is very interesting:
It's from
[www.smi.org]

EST Repair Rundown

If you attended Erhard Seminar Training (EST) or Forum (one of its off-shoots), this rundown can repair any damage done by this off-beat activity. EST practices contained just enough truth, “borrowed” from Scientology processes, to get a case into restimulation — and then left it in that state without any means to repair it. This rundown undoes the damage and removes any stops so you can get everything Scientology has to offer.

Also, anyone ever notice the amount of similarities in jargon between the two groups? I found this on Wikipedia:
Looks like it's mostly from
[www.scientology.org]

here are some similar words which are used in similar patterns, you can see the links for more info:
Acknowledgement - almost verbatim to Landmark usage
Clear - similar to Landmark's "clearing"
Present Time - similar to "being present"
Source - Werner Erhard was referred to as "the source"
unmock - similar to "creating yourself from nothing"
reactive mind, mental image pictures - similar to "already always listening"
invalidate - used verbatim within Landmark

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:26PM

Wow! THAT is a great find!!!

Hilarious too. Can't wait for the lawsuit from Landmark Education! :-)

John

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:37PM

Not to mention their clarifying entry:

"Est Repair Rundown: an auditing action designed to repair the damage done to a person mentally and spiritually by the practice of est (Erhard Seminars Training). [b:ae270f382b]Est was an offbeat group which used destructive techniques[/b:ae270f382b], and some people new to Scientology are found to have been previously involved with est. It is necessary to undo the harmful effects of est before such persons can make adequate progress in Scientology auditing.

[b:ae270f382b]Go get 'em Artie boy!... them derdy Scientology bummz... how dare they speak ill of The Son Of Source ![/b:ae270f382b]

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:40PM

... and if the Scientologists say that people get messed up from Landmark Education .... then it [b:21b143c8a5]must [/b:21b143c8a5]be true! :twisted:

John

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:50PM

As a South African, it appears that my fellow countrymen and women have it bad! After all, I found this on the above link:

South African Rundown

Developed by Ron to handle case phenomena found in citizens of South Africa. This rundown is tailor-made for an entire continent! South Africans who complete this have experienced expanded beingness and an increased ability to really live. This rundown smoothes the way for the gains that can be attained on the rest of the Grade Chart, while delivering a spectacular end phenomena by itself.

Oh Boy!

Speaking of similarities between Scientology and Landmark, it is interesting to note how Landmark has been trying to suppress the recent France 3 video. Much like Scientology, they have been trying to silence criticism of the organization.

Landmark even tried to go up against The Ross Institute, claiming amongst other things that Rick Ross was posting all the negative stuff about the group on these message boards. That's just the type of ludicrous lie that Scientology would use. Landmark, of course, lost the case. :D

Never mind the mind-numbing jargon, there are even similarities in actions.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:51AM

Scientology to repair damage from est? Now there's a great twist on the lgat con! Market your company as a REAL helper and rescue the victims of another lgat! Unbelievable. This just adds more layers of manipulation and deception to the recruitment process.

skeptic

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: November 08, 2006 02:31AM

I was taking at a look at Mark Bunker's blog that deals with Scientology today, and came across a section about two dentists that CoS tried to rip off.

The video and transcript can be found here: [www.xenutv.com]

Anyway, the first part of the transcript read:

Barbara: Well, my first exposure to L. Ron Hubbard-I never even knew who he was-was at a free seminar by the Sterling Management Group. We went and I saw classmates there and we were laughing, "Ha Ha," you know, "this is kind of weird." You know, it's kind of weird but it makes sense because it stresses organization.

[b:579c06b98d]Now, my question is this: Isn't there some link between Sterling Management Group and Landmark too?[/b:579c06b98d]

Can someone please enlighten me? ( [b:579c06b98d]Not[/b:579c06b98d] you Landmark)

Date: November 10, 2006 11:53AM

from
[skepdic.com]

Erhard and Scientology

In the late 1960s, Erhard studied Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard became a significant influence. Scientologists to this day accuse Erhard of having stolen his main ideas for est from Hubbard. We do know that when Erhard set up est he considered making it a church, as Hubbard had done with dianetics and the Church of Scientology. But Erhard decided to incorporate as an educational firm for profit in a broad market.

[b:6bfb793603]Eerily similar. Is that why Scientology is pist at Werner Erhard? Because he outright stole and marketed their "technology" as a for-profit private company?[/b:6bfb793603]

Date: November 14, 2006 12:05PM

Interesting related blog post.
Entitled:

Landmark Forum & Scientology
[www.timboucher.com]

Connects a lot of the dots...

Date: December 13, 2006 02:53PM

[www.lermanet.com]

Soul Strip Tease
Germany
April 2, 1998
"Stern"
The advertisements sound tempting, what personality trainers promise. For example, "more success in profession and studies." Caution is advised: the psychological market has its share of charlatans.

Otherwise, psychological training can quickly turn into a nightmare of the sort experienced by Martin Lell. Frustrated by his studies and a poor job outlook, the physics student took a three-day seminar from Landmark Education. Afterwards he was enthused: "I felt limitlessly free, all restrictions were gone. The world belonged to me, and everything was possible." Then came his psychological collapse. "I suddenly noticed how absurd it all was."

They consistently promise total control to the same people whom are then subjected to total control. [b:586366ba4e]A good example to read up on in regards to this is Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard[/b:586366ba4e].

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.