Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Reaction to French Landmark documentary
Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 20, 2006 08:50AM

yeayyyy!

You're back. (Wuz wondering where you'd gone to.)

You are probably referring to the thing the scientologists do when they make their (supposedly) most terrible threat: "I could disappear you with a thought."

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: November 20, 2006 04:24PM

I'd say my forum was a 'failure' for Cathy Eliot, only 160 people did the forum, and 110 the follow up seminar. Friends of mine who were assisting were surprised at the low numbers.

One of them also 'almost' complained of having to set the pens out by each seat 3 times, she had a really bad back at the time, and the course supervisor wasn't impressed with the job, then the leader said some form placed under the pens was not required. Of course she didn't really complain, that would have been running a racket!!!!

At about the 5th seminar, they brought in a 'heavyweight' to encourage enrollment, because guests to the seminar were down (to 1 or 2 a night). It was so obvious from the body language of the seminar leader (Drew Knowles) that his authority was being usurped.

This would have been an unsucessful forum, cathy usually does ok from memory. As for the seminar leader he would have been getting it in all directions, he would have had questions about his integrity, who he was being, what he was causing, why he wasn't generating his own guests.

As for the volunteer, there wouldn't have been a complaint it would have been a racket as you say and they would have got coaching!

Dollars to do-nuts an "integrity check" is the Landmark version of a scientology "sec-check," which scientologists dread to the point of censoring their own thoughts in order to avoid.

absolutely right Elena, they are horrible, I remember as a staff member dreading even hearing the words integrity because it was going to be hard work and painful literally. Nothing to build a persons self esteem to be told they are a liar and a nasty person

as an outsider who likes to speculate, I had thought if recruitment dipped below a certain level that the forum leaders lose their jobs and, I imagine, a major source of joy and pride for them.

I do know that to even get considered for a leadership position, you have to had recruited a certain number of people. LEC works on social Darwinist principles that way and it makes total sense for an organization so totally reliant on viral marketing.

Forum leaders are expected to meet the requirements, if they are continually unsucessfull they can be put through training again. Their salary is not based on their sucess. although their bonuses are!

You are absolutely right in saying that they had to have recruited a certain number of people to become leaders. to get to be a forum leader, they had to have lead to 100 participants as an introduction leader and been sucessfull during that other wise they had to keep leading until their culmative and average stats met the requirements.

Then they had to either train as seminar leaders or self expression and leadership leaders and once trained they had to lead successful seminars or SELP's. they also had to be a sucessful centre manager so that is cause others to be sucessful.

It is hard work and i can say in the centre I worked in we never had a sucessful centre manager from the time I started to date. (from what I hear on the grapevine)

centre managers almost kill themselves and their staff to ensure they meet the targets. There were many friday afternoons when I and my centre manager would be in tears because we were going to fail both our targets!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 21, 2007 11:56PM

Ajinajan wrote

Ironically enough, MY Landmark Forum was also in the middle of nowhere, nowhere near any place to eat, we also had very little time to rush to get food, and were scolded in front of 200 people if we came back late from a meal. Our sessions also ended around midnight or 1am, I got about 5 hours or less sleep each night, and wasl always starving when I got back to go to sleep...

and Hope wrote

Though they said there were regular breaks, lunch and dinner, they didn't say the center was in a corporate park where there were no restaurants, stores or any place to get food. I brought my own only because I had taken a ride to find the place earlier. But they lied about the services in the area and the schedule. The lunch break was half an hour at 1 p.m. and then we didn't break until 9 p.m., and then the session did not end until 1 a.m. , with homework assignments and morning start-up at 9 a.m.

Not nice. Many people get skewed off balance if they run short on food and short on sleep.

And that's even if stress is NOT added to the mix.

They did a study on young physicians who worked long hours running ultra short on sleep and found that this affected them as if they were under the influence of alcohol.

DUI.

Sleep deprivation affects persons with no mental illness the way alcohol does. Now, imagine making important decisions about your core belief system and the rest of your life and relationships when drunk.

Bad idea, right? Now imagine what happens in many LGATs where things are kept so hectic that you cant get your usual hours of sleep and put in all sorts of confusing, confrontational situations.

[austindwi.com]

And here are a pair of threads giving a bundle of URLs for those interested in reading about the impact of sleep deprivation/circadian rhythm disruption.

[board.culteducation.com]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.