Ex-LEC manager has permission to sell her stock
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: September 18, 2003 08:59AM

Rec'd this email today...

[This is not spam. You subscribed at www___.com]

Dear ,

Michael Skye, here with an important notice.

One of the members of our site has some stock in Landmark Education to sell. I
am happy to be able to pass this opportunity on to you. Here is Wendy:

Hello,

Michael has given me permission to write this to you all. My name is Wendy
Moscovis and I am an ex staff member of Landmark Education who was on staff for
20 years. I was the Regional Manger for Australia, New Zealand, India and Japan
when I retired 7 years ago due to ill health.

I have shares in Landmark Education, which I am offering for sale. Although I
will keep the bulk of my shares, I have thousands. It is a way that I can get my
hands on some needed extra cash, and at the same time also give people who are
committed to the possibilities LEC's work creates for people, the opportunity to
own shares in the company.

An independent valuer has valued the shares at $3.55 US per share.

If you are interested in purchasing shares in LEC, just send me an e-mail, with
your name, address, how many shares you want and the total offer price. My e-mail
address is @pnc.com.au After I confirm with you that I have received your
offer, I will then take your offer to LEC, as they have first option to buy. If
they pass, I can sell you the shares and they will issue you with stock documents.

I request that you only make an offer if you are interested in purchasing 500
shares or more, as the paperwork gets overwhelming for me when it is for many
small amounts.

Thank you in advance for considering this offer and thank you for all the work
you do to make possibility real in your life.

Wendy Moscovis

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: October 17, 2003 01:25PM

LEC is a for profit corp.
The stock is a carrot for staff members to stay on.
I don't remember how much was issued, but I'm sure the presses will issue more if needed.
I'm trying to imagine someone buying it from them.
I love her line: "It is a way that I can get my
hands on some needed extra cash, and at the same time also give people who are
committed to the possibilities LEC's work creates for people, the opportunity to
own shares in the company. "

Excuse me while I vomit.

Posted by: Normal Guy ()
Date: November 15, 2003 09:23PM

Wow, former Landmark staffers are trying to sell stock to each other or any available fool? The conspiracy doesn't end. So now they turn on their own kind like a pack of wolves once they've run out of new recruits.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 21, 2005 03:58PM

The stock is given to staff members who have been there for more then one year. I have to stress though very few staff members make it past six months.

Even then just because you have been there a year does not automatically mean you will get stock in the company.

My understanding as well is that although there are thousands of shares out there each staff member owns a very small percentage. In their introductions they say that no one owns more then 2 or 3% whether this is true or not I dont know. I do know that alot of staff who have stock have less then 0.5%

Usually if a staff member or ex-staff member wants to see their stock LEC buys it back. I have never heard of any non landmark person getting their hands on stock.

Personally I believe the stock is not worth the paper it is written on.

Posted by: hype2120 ()
Date: April 28, 2005 03:37AM

I LEC a publically traded company?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 28, 2005 06:15AM

No. It is not a publicly traded company.

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: April 29, 2005 03:47AM

Is it true that all the money collected by LEC worldwide is re-invested in the Company and that no employees has more than 2 or 3% of the stocks? I hear that most LECs' office have about 4-5 staff members and are paid minimum wage. A simple estimate of the profit they make vs costs of operations tells me there must be large sums of money moving somewhere. Any information about that?

I think a strong argument to support our opinion that LEC is not telling everything to it's particiants (I call it "What you do't know that Landmark doesn't want you to know"), would be to elucidate it's financial statements (is everything ok the IRS ?) and if there's any indication that someone at the top is collecting most of the profits, it would be a serious blow to many LEC claims about it's own integrity. In France, the financial statements of LEC has some irregularities or remains obscure according to the France-3 documentary, but the authorities have not acted yet. Why?

Michael D.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 29, 2005 04:29AM

Midonov, Having read most of the shareholder reports I think the majority if not all the profits go back into the company. The key thing here is there are a few at the top (the ceo and vice presidents and forum leaders) who get paid exceedingly well.

As for staff. the number of staff in the centre depend on where in the world they are. Where I worked there were less then four paid staff, larger centres like London have 20 or so paid staff.

I know for myself and one other we were essentially on minimum wage. I do remember at one point one of my colleagues had to be given an increase because they had sat down and worked out they were being paid under minimum wage. I can't comment on anyone else because we generally did not discuss our pay (its a way to ensure no one realises how low everyone is being paid) Another thing to keep in mind is that everyone is paid a salary so even if you do over the top hours you dont get extra!

I will never forget being told " there is no way you can do this job its not designed for you to suceed" by a senior manager

As for the ownership of stock. everyone (including staff) are told no one owns more then 3% but I personally think this is not true. given that you dont get stock until you have been on staff for at least a year and even then you have to get your centre managers backing and your regional manager has to propose it. Generally you are expected to be semi successful (by landmarks standards) to get the stock.

As for meeting the legal side of it. I couldn't comment. I really dont know much about that side of it at all. I do know there is a regional financial controller who does audits every 6 months or so to check that everything is in order. To be honest it wouldn't suprise me if they push everything but stay just inside the law.

Posted by: BuddyBear ()
Date: April 29, 2005 11:50AM

It is interesting how cults work. They exploit their members by using the goal of enlightenment. Once the members are in deep enough they don’t know better. They are being used by management. If any real corporation tried this today they would be all over the news and the CEO’s would probably face jail time.

My experience is with Dahnhak. They have the masters working about 100 hours per week. This doesn’t include the time they live together which is also considered training towards enlightenment. I have been told that a headmaster gets $400.00 per month and a regular master gets $200.00 per month. This applies to Koreans only as they are more brainwashed than the rest of the group. The American masters receive about $22,000 per year for similar hours. There is no overtime pay. There are no medical or any other benefits. Dahnhak is primarily a cash business as the costs are kept very low with cheap labor and sometimes donated school space. If a member is able to teach outside at a local school or hospital at least 50% of the money goes to Dahnhak. The interesting thing is they will get half after the taxes are paid by the member. The typical Dahn member will expect to spend somewhere in the amount of $30,000 to $40,000 over the course of four years.

The money received will end up in Sedona to purchase more land as they have plans to build a large Dahn city there. They currently own lots of property there. The local residents probably don’t realize their town is changing into a cult headquarters. There was a [b:8e3132f694]rumor[/b:8e3132f694] that Lee was purchasing a castle near Phoenix. It is probably the property that belonged to Rancher/businessman Jerry Mitchell which is called the Castle on top of Camelback Mountain. Lee will rename this Mago Castle. The reported price is approximately $10 million dollars.

Is there a database where one can search for the properties owned by the cult leaders? It seems that the only enlightenment the members receive is to their bank accounts, while the cult leaders are enlightened to the fact that they can get rich with slave labor and lots and lots of real estate holdings.

Questions..Questions…Questions…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.