Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
'The Secret' - discussed on Larry King
Posted by: Yeamon ()
Date: November 04, 2006 05:18PM

Hi there.

I'm new here as I stumbled across this forum while searching for info on spirituality, and couldnt help but notice this thread.

Anyway for the girl -anon0820- above, I just like to inform you that if your boyfriend is acting as you state above, then you may want to point out to him that he's missed the point. What most people who see 'The Secret' dont understand, is that to actually utilise it effectively the way you want takes a leap in spiritual understanding. To this, the base of a new conciousness becomes awareness of the connection of all things, and the acceptance of Love for all people and things. Esspecially ones own family/relations.
I'm not sure of the age of your boyfriend, and therefore cant really comment on the "cause and effect"(as someone above stated) between Maturity vs Spiritual Awareness. But you should think about telling him that if he actually wants to keep you, that he should be healing any inner issues he has before he loses you.
One of the problems is that, while 'The Secret' does touch on all issues involved in a way of progressing and increasing our Awareness of who and what we are, it does only "touch" on it. Which is why so many people are on their forums completely confused as to whats going on.

To increase our awareness and actually evolve in conciousness (or spirituality) there are many limiting beliefs that each person carries with them that must be cleared first. And yeh I know, I can already hear people chanting "But I need my pain! Its who I am!". Well, sorry to say but bull f*cking sh*t. Your pains built on bad experiences, conditioned thought by other since you where a child and your egos belief that to stay safe you have to stand still.

Some one -Brad in fact- mentioned "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". Your right there is. It's also refered to as Cause and Effect; Karma, some say You get what you give, or What you sow you reap*. Its also called the Law of Atttraction. You see it doesnt matter what you call it its real, and it doesnt give a sh*t what you think of feel. It gives you the reaction that you expect regardless. Good or bad.

I'll stop going on in a second, but I would like to say 1 more thing. Jack you say "My optimism takes a backseat when I imagine a world populated by people with their eyes shut tight in denial with only one thing on their minds - I want, I want, I want." Whats denial then? It seems to me that your living in denial your self. You call yourself an optimist and yet your words and action speak the opposite. Do you even know what you want?
Again, this is not about "people with their eyes shut tight in denial with only one thing on their minds - I want, I want, I want.", its about waking up to Who and What you Really Are. The point is their is nothing to want but to expand your experience as a person, and this cant be achieved through living the lie of the masses. By all means feel free to feed off the lies and deciet of others, but dont complain when you dont like what you get.

Thanks for reding, and I sincerely hope this has not offended anyone, but some truths obviously needed injected into this thread.

And just incase your wondering. I'm 31 y/o. I was training as a political and investigative journalist up until a few months ago, and have experienced drug and drink addictions as well as a nervous breakdown and numerous other "pains" that I brought into my life. So I'm not some susceptible and gullable kid.

Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: November 04, 2006 10:17PM

Anyway for the girl -anon0820- above, I just like to inform you that if your boyfriend is acting as you state above, then you may want to point out to him that he's missed the point. What most people who see 'The Secret' dont understand, is that to actually utilise it effectively the way you want takes a leap in spiritual understanding. To this, the base of a new conciousness becomes awareness of the connection of all things, and the acceptance of Love for all people and things. Esspecially ones own family/relations.
I'm not sure of the age of your boyfriend, and therefore cant really comment on the "cause and effect"(as someone above stated) between Maturity vs Spiritual Awareness. But you should think about telling him that if he actually wants to keep you, that he should be healing any inner issues he has before he loses you.
One of the problems is that, while 'The Secret' does touch on all issues involved in a way of progressing and increasing our Awareness of who and what we are, it does only "touch" on it. Which is why so many people are on their forums completely confused as to whats going on.

To increase our awareness and actually evolve in conciousness (or spirituality) there are many limiting beliefs that each person carries with them that must be cleared first. And yeh I know, I can already hear people chanting "But I need my pain! Its who I am!". Well, sorry to say but bull f*cking sh*t. Your pains built on bad experiences, conditioned thought by other since you where a child and your egos belief that to stay safe you have to stand still.

I have tried on many occasions to relate that he misses the point about his skewed belief system. He truly believes that if you just put it out there, it will happen. He makes statements, and I can easily contradict them - AND I have.

We've been broken up for several months now. In his mind, he believes (and through quotes) that when you break up you can still be friends - even after the intimacy. Go figure. So now, he repeats that he is my friend as his mantra, and believes that he really is without the proof.

His other belief is 'want'. If you want something and don't get it, you will be disappointed. The mantras being said give the illusion that it is - not that it could be. :roll:

Then there is the other quote: You will if you say you will and it's corollary - You won't if you say you won't. :roll: :roll:

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 05, 2006 10:42AM

G'day Yeamon,

I'm interested in your agenda.

For someone who is proclaiming a state of 'spiritual awareness' it would seem that you're obsessed by your own authority. But by what authority can you claim to understand the perceptions and experiences of another?

Your 'advice' and your choice of language seems arrogant, condescending, hypocritical, confusing and angry:

1) '...you may want to point out to him that he's missed the point...'
2) '...most people who see 'The Secret' don't understand...'
3) '...many people are on their forums [are] completely confused...'
4) '...must be cleared first...I can already hear people chanting...'
5) '...bull f*cking sh*t...'
6) 'Your right there is.'
7) 'You see it doesn't matter what you call it its real, and it doesn't give a sh*t what you think or feel.'
8) 'I'll stop going on in a second...'
9) '...it's about waking up to Who and What you Really Are.'
10) '...this can't be achieved through living the lies of the masses.'
11) 'By all means feel free to feed off the lies and deceit of others, but don't complain when you don't like what you get.'
12) 'I sincerely hope this has not offended anyone, but some truths obviously needed injected into this thread.'
13) '...I'm not some susceptible and gullible kid.'

In future, especially when you're grappling with the notion that other opinions may be valid, try and refrain from preaching your brand of objective truth.

In fact, the last paragraph of your post is confusing. You state that you are 31 years old (an adult in anyone's language) and then conclude by saying that you're not a child.

Why did you decide not to pursue your studies in journalism?

Jack.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.