Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'The Secret' - discussed on Larry King
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: November 03, 2006 07:35AM

In case you didn' t have anything BETTER to do...

Larry King Live airs on CNN at 6 p.m. pacific and re-airs at 9 p.m.
pacific and 12 midnight, which is 9 p.m. eastern, midnight eastern
and 3 a.m. eastern.

The show titled, "Beyond Positive Thinking" airs in two parts:

Part 1 to air Nov 2nd

Part 2 to air Nov 16th

Guests on Part 1 are -

Bob Proctor
John Assaraf
JZ Knight
Rev Michael Beckwith
Dr. John DeMartini

Guests on Part 2 are -

James Ray
Jack Canfield
Joe Vitale
George Pratt
Jayne Payne

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: November 03, 2006 09:04AM

I wonder if anyone will bring up PSI????

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 03, 2006 01:41PM

Is anyone able to record this programme ... just in case anything interesting happens?

John

Posted by: funDiva_Christy ()
Date: November 04, 2006 03:42AM

If you missed the show you can read it here:

[transcripts.cnn.com]

I was actually searching for info on Psi when I came across this forum. I am personal friends with Joe Vitale and know he would never intentionally promote anything cultish.

I do believe in the general positivity message of "The Secret" but have mixed feelings about the many various seminar trainings I have attended. (I got my money back from Tony Robbins Unleash the Power and my reasons were the rock concert/cult like atmosphere.)

Is there more in this forum about "The Secret"? My search was not successful

Thanks
Christy

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: November 04, 2006 04:40AM

Try this thread. There might be some stuff of interest there: [board.culteducation.com]

It relates to Jerry and Esther Hicks, who were in the original version of "The Secret", but asked to be removed from later editions.

Apparently much of what is used in "The Secret" is based on stuff they have written.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 04, 2006 05:24AM

Although the message of 'The Secret' is compelling, the main danger I see is losing touch with reality. Who doesn't want all the things promised by this jury? But at what cost? A planet full of people with perpetual smiles on their faces?

I'm an optimist (a generally happy person with a postive outlook), but not at the expense of giving up my responsibility to think and act according to my heart.

It seems the subtext of 'The Secret' is similar to Landmark and other LGATs, in that we have to accept that the only victims in this world are self-created and 'not with the program'.

My optimism takes a backseat when I imagine a world populated by people with their eyes shut tight in denial with only one thing on their minds - I want, I want, I want.

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: November 04, 2006 05:37AM

You make some good points.

Another thing is this world is about balance. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

So, if all the wanters are getting their wants met, someone somewhere else is paying the price for that. For example, for every lottery winner there are millions who don't win.

Another thing is for all the positive thoughts in the world, there are some things we simply won't realize. No matter how positive I am, I will never be the next Brett Favre or Robbie Williams or whomever I aspire to be like.

Just a few thoughts...

Posted by: elena ()
Date: November 04, 2006 06:27AM

I always ponder on how this type of stuff would play in Iraq, or Darfur.

I wonder how they would respond to the palaver of ~we create our own reality~ or ~there are no victims.~

I sat through part of this program. It was flat-out silly, in my opinion. Aa gaggle of speakers all pumped up on themselves saying nothing much.

Ellen

Date: November 04, 2006 07:28AM

So if the vibrations aren't in the right frequency of the universe - fix it...change it. That could be anything like eliminating people from your life.

"We think on our conscious mind, on a conscious level. It's our educated mind but it's the subconscious mind that's controlling the vibration we're in, controlling the results we're getting."

Keep saying what you want and your subconscious will eventually believe it too. :?: :?

Date: November 04, 2006 07:52AM

I have to vent... :evil: :shock: :?

I have been so frustrated these past few days about my ex-boyfriend's total belief in these Laws of Attraction.

Put it out to the universe - "I am your friend, I am your friend, I am a good friend who is there to support you". REPEAT.

It just makes me cringe. :evil:

THE REAL reality - He is so selfish, self-centered and sociopathic in his behavior. If you look up solipsism in the dictionary, you will see his picture. He did nothing during the time we went out to 'prove' he was my friend. He thinks now because he says it repeatedly that he IS, when there is no feeling behind it...just words.

This is what this belief system does to people. Say it and it will just happen. It will become reality.

I don't even want to know this guy anymore - I told him I didn't claim him as my friend. Don't friendships have to be earned?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.