Current Page: 12 of 17
Landmark and litigation re: France 3 video - false claims
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 20, 2006 09:57PM

(there is a terrific graphic from the above mentioned site!)

[img:2bf30ce145]http://www.win.tue.nl/%7Eaeb/secul/landmark/iwantyou.jpg[/img:2bf30ce145]

[b:2bf30ce145]WARNING: Survivors of Sexual Abuse Could Be Easy Targets - Landmark Forum[/b:2bf30ce145] [/color:2bf30ce145]
[jewishsurvivors.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 21, 2006 12:59PM

See newest developments in the California Supreme Court ruling:

[www.eff.org]

[b:6602ac749c]Victory in Barrett v. Rosenthal Case
November 20, 2006[/b:6602ac749c]
[www.eff.org]

Today the California Supreme Court reversed the dangerous Court of Appeals ruling in the Barrett v. Rosenthal case, upholding the strong protections of Section 230 of the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996. Section 230 protects Internet publishers from being held liable for allegedly harmful comments written by others. Prior attempts to eliminate the protections created by Section 230 had almost universally been rejected, until a California Court of Appeals radically reinterpreted the statute to allow lawsuits against non-authors. The Supreme Court reversed:

We conclude that section 230 prohibits 'distributor' liability for Internet publications. We further hold that section 230(c)(1) immunizes individual 'users' of interactive computer services, and that no practical or principled distinction can be drawn between active and passive use. Accordingly, we reverse the Court of Appeal’s judgment.
We acknowledge that recognizing broad immunity for defamatory republications on the Internet has some troubling consequences. Until Congress chooses to revise the settled law in this area, however, plaintiffs who contend they were defamed in an Internet posting may only seek recovery from the original source of the statement.

This issue will impact caselaw precedent for anonymous posters of content on the internet, and potentially have some negative repercussions for Art Schreiber and Landmark Education's attempts to silence Freedom of Speech around the globe. Their copyright claims are bogus and were bogus, and now their threats of libel (at least to the anonymous reposters) are bogus as well...

Date: November 22, 2006 05:45PM

Looks like someone has put pieces of the video back up on YouTube:

Anthony Rapp and Landmark Education
[www.youtube.com]

Part 2 Landmark Education
[www.youtube.com]

Part 3 Landmark Education
[www.youtube.com]

Let's see how long they stay there before Art Schreiber has his way again...

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:00PM

Hillarious! Gootube stuffing could easily become a new international sport! :twisted:

Coming down in 5, 4, 3, 2, .....

:lol:

John

Posted by: Maggie ()
Date: November 23, 2006 05:07AM

Since Landmark is using the Training Manual as the "copyright issue" why doesn't someone just edit that part out and post post post????

Date: November 23, 2006 05:17AM

Enric interviews Kurt Opsahl of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, on Landmark Education's bad use of a DMCA subpoena against Internet Archive:

[techalley.cirne.com]

Date: November 23, 2006 09:12AM

2 new posts:

Landmark Forum abuses copyright to suppress criticism
The Lippard Blog
[lippard.blogspot.com]

and fresh from
www.cultnews.com
Landmark Education wants to make French news report a “forbidden video” on the Net
[www.cultnews.com]

Date: November 23, 2006 12:30PM

hey, this Rules! This is citizen journalism and activism at its best.
I hope that video gets up on YouTube, and Google Video, and on a Torrent, and lots of folks get to watch it.
We need more of that stuff, that is great work.

Maybe someone can contact the EFF webmaster, and they will link to it on the main Landmark page?

ajinajan
Enric interviews Kurt Opsahl of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, on Landmark Education's bad use of a DMCA subpoena against Internet Archive:

[techalley.cirne.com]

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: November 23, 2006 01:21PM

The Anticult
hey, this Rules! This is citizen journalism and activism at its best.
I hope that video gets up on YouTube, and Google Video, and on a Torrent, and lots of folks get to watch it.
We need more of that stuff, that is great work.

Maybe someone can contact the EFF webmaster, and they will link to it on the main Landmark page?

ajinajan

[techalley.cirne.com]

Thanks!

I'm going to work on a related interview I did with Jason Schultz at EFF about Michael Crook's missuse of the DMCA (http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/diehl_v_crook/). And then I'll probably put both on YouTube.

Date: November 23, 2006 01:33PM

So I gather from this that you made the vid? Excellent job.

Perhaps Rick Ross would add a link to that video in his recent extensive article on this subject?
[www.cultnews.com]

Also, folks could post links to the interview video on the Torrent comments for the France 3 video, and everywhere else. Its a nice companion piece to the France 3 TV show.

It might be good to get it up on Google video, or wherever, to save bandwidth!

caligari

ajinajan

[techalley.cirne.com]

Thanks!

I'm going to work on a related interview I did with Jason Schultz at EFF about Michael Crook's missuse of the DMCA (http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/diehl_v_crook/). And then I'll probably put both on YouTube.[/quote]

Current Page: 12 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.