Current Page: 8 of 17
Landmark and litigation re: France 3 video - false claims
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 12, 2006 11:33PM

I bet that if Landmark is not suing Google in France, and its someone else, then Landmark will issue a press release on Monday about it...
but if they don't say anything...

Maybe next week that info will come to light.

Just not knowing something, makes you want to know it!
Just like Landmark trying to "ban" that "forbidden video" makes everyone want to see it! Its the best global marketing for that video one could hope for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 13, 2006 03:32AM

I bet that if Landmark is not suing Google in France, and its someone else, then Landmark will issue a press release on Monday about it...
but if they don't say anything...

Maybe next week that info will come to light.

Just not knowing something, makes you want to know it!
Just like Landmark trying to "ban" that "forbidden video" makes everyone want to see it! Its the best global marketing for that video one could hope for.

Anyone know when/if that Reuters press article will make it to actual print newspapers and media? I looked for a copy of The Washington Post on Saturday, but the guy at the store said stuff in electronic editions of Reuters might not make it to papers like The Washington Post for 2-3 days...???

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: November 13, 2006 04:53AM

The Anticult
Landmarks judgement day will come, with the amount of complaints about it.

I look forward to it!!!!

skeptic

Date: November 13, 2006 05:28AM

The Reuters article is now hitting more major websites:

CNN MONEY
Google video draws lawyers
[money.cnn.com]
(you can get this by going to www.cnn.com, then to "Business", then to "Technology")

YAHOO NEWS
Google faces legal challenges over video service
[news.yahoo.com]

More people will probably be reading this stuff on Monday.

Very interesting how the Reuters reporter was astute enough to make the connections and put this part in at the end:

Landmark, which was founded in 1991, is a descendant of the 1970s motivational guru Werner Erhard's EST training seminars.
Hopefully more reporters will put the dots together, and do a search for Landmark Forum Video, and read all the stuff on the EFF legal page and Rick Ross' Litigation Archive.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 13, 2006 09:42AM

ajinajan
Very interesting how the Reuters reporter was astute enough to make the connections and put this part in at the end:

Landmark, which was founded in 1991, is a descendant of the 1970s motivational guru Werner Erhard's EST training seminars.

Yeah, it seems he was working on the EFF article before, and then the Google video lawsuit put the article into play.
You can be assured that Art Schreiber has already sent warning letters to that reporter for even using the word "cult" in the article. But those reporters are protected.

Its amazing that the article has hit CNN, and Yahoo. The amount of people reading it will be enormous.
All any reporter has to do is search for EFF and Landmark, and then the video is there to be seen.
If anyone searches for Landmark, The Ross Landmark area is about the 3rd Google result.

I hope the EFF does NOT settle too fast with Landmark...that would kill the story! Let them fight it out for a few months.

Somehow I think that France lawsuit might just be somthing unrelated...it might be some french Penguin documentary someone is suing about!

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 13, 2006 10:35AM

Here's another article from the Reuters feed.

[yadleachim.org]

(not that I can tell for sure, but the link at the bottom goes back to the video on the CAIC site)

John

Date: November 13, 2006 12:34PM

Here is an article on a major site, Poynter Online.

[www.poynter.org]

Critics accuse Landmark of being a Scientology-style cult.

They provide links to the Rick Ross database on Landmark, the EFF page, and a related article in BusinessWeek.

Posted by: grub ()
Date: November 13, 2006 01:03PM

Full version with no missing end. No subs though, can someone fluent with French work on that?
[thepiratebay.org]

Date: November 13, 2006 01:15PM

Wow, very interesting development.

Unfortunate that it has no subs, and the quality of the subs on the other version is very good. Will be interesting to watch the development of the torrent.

Posted by: grub ()
Date: November 13, 2006 01:22PM

ajinajan
Wow, very interesting development.

Unfortunate that it has no subs, and the quality of the subs on the other version is very good. Will be interesting to watch the development of the torrent.

My French is terribly rusty, I'm hoping that someone fluent in French can take a stab at it.

Aaannnndddd..... a little birdie told me someone is working on English subs for the Swedish show...

Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.