Current Page: 2 of 3
physically distribute vid. at Landmark's intro. night
Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:14AM

skeptic
Attempting to inform/educate potential recruits is a great thing to do. I wish someone had been outside the intro session I went to. I had some suspicions and saw some red flags at the session. Had there been some activists outside with info (and it doesn't have to be a DVD, just a "warning/buyer beware" flyer with a short message about the nature of the so-called "course" with references to learn more), I like to think that I would have said NO THANKS!
There was an email going around of just the right length for a flyer that Landmark tried to sue out of existence. Here it is:
[board.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: October 17, 2006 08:04AM

joe6,

I don't understand :?

The link to the lawsuit didn't work. What happened? Landmark was prepared to sue if a flyer was distributed outside their recruitment (intro) sessions?

skeptic

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:46PM

skeptic
joe6,

I don't understand :?

The link to the lawsuit didn't work. What happened? Landmark was prepared to sue if a flyer was distributed outside their recruitment (intro) sessions?

skeptic
This info is from the introduction to the litigation archive (a very useful read).
[www.culteducation.com]
"In 2001, another lawsuit -- this one against the anonymous author of a widely circulated e-mail critical of Landmark.s programs -- was filed and withdrawn."
The link for the lawsuit is here:
[www.culteducation.com]
Landmark (hilariously) tried to sue the anonymous author of the email. I was quoting the email itself:

Posted by: gourous2004 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:37PM

This info is from the introduction to the litigation archive (a very useful read).
[www.culteducation.com]
"In 2001, another lawsuit -- this one against the anonymous author of a widely circulated e-mail critical of Landmark.s programs -- was filed and withdrawn."
The link for the lawsuit is here:
[www.culteducation.com]
Landmark (hilariously) tried to sue the anonymous author of the email. I was quoting the email itself:

Nice package to go to a "guest event" with. Video on CD and copy of 2001 lawsuit and email. Very succinct. :o

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: October 19, 2006 03:19AM

Rick Ross, what do you think about this idea?

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: October 24, 2006 05:00AM

This is a good idea as long as you don't get sued by the French company that owns the video. But it's worth a try.

I would do it here in Australia, but I need a copy of the video cos' I only have dial-up and it would take a week to download it.

Could someone send me a copy? I would then make a few copies and start distribution. You see, where I live the good folk (generally speaking) are dry sponges for this type of thing. My town's kind of alternative and Landmark is a strong presence here. I would start by handing out copies here and it would surely make an impact on recruitment.

At one point I thought of starting an anti-Landmark 'support' group called Watermark (something revealed when held up to the light).

So, please, if someone could send a copy Downunder I would be very appreciative.

Posted by: mazellan ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:36PM

Jack Oskar Larm
Could someone send me a copy? I would then make a few copies and start distribution. You see, where I live the good folk (generally speaking) are dry sponges for this type of thing. My town's kind of alternative and Landmark is a strong presence here. I would start by handing out copies here and it would surely make an impact on recruitment.

Hi Jack, please PM me and I will arrange to send you a copy. We don't live in the same town, do we? [board.culteducation.com]
Mazellan

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: October 27, 2006 05:45PM

Jack,

I'm in BrisVegas and can also get a copy of the video to you. May even be able to transfer it to a proper Aussie DVD. PM me if you wish.

John

Posted by: kath ()
Date: October 27, 2006 07:25PM

I think if anyone did this Landmark would just call the police, say they were causing a disruption or something.

Would be fun tho!
Love
Kath

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: October 28, 2006 07:21PM

I don't think it's such a big issue on the police side of things. After all, handing something out on the sidewalk is hardly a life and death matter.

If you have a chat with the local police letting them know what you are going to do (such that they will be aware that you are keeping within the law) then they'd most probably take their time to respond to any complaints.

After all, about half an hour would be all that you need.

Job done! :twisted:

John

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.