Current Page: 4 of 5
'inside landmark forum' video copyright
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:21PM

[en.wikipedia.org]

The people at Wikipedia want to DELETE the entire article about the Landmark video. So make sure there are copies of the text made, that can be posted elsewhere.

I will give my own personal view here. Wikipedia is an appalling place for anything other than very simple word definitions. Anything with controversy or complexity, gets taken over by those who are higher up in the Wikipedia hierarchy, to suit their own biases.

So sadly, I predict they will delete the entire entry about the Landmark video.
So please, if someone here has posted info there, keep copies of it, to post somewhere else, as that entry is not going to survive.
In my opinion, I think that certain cultish groups have even infiltrated Wikipedia, and worked their way up the hierarchy, to give them the clout to call the shots. I have seen some very bizarre things happen on Wikipedia. One almost needs a Wikiwatch, to see how deep the bias runs there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 16, 2006 07:26PM

This entry on Landmark is very interesting.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 16, 2006 09:19PM

Anticult, I seriously doubt the entry will get deleted.

pretty much only prank entries and obscure entries written by people to promote themselves get deleted.

also, it would seem pretty damn shady to make the entry go bye-bye and Wikipedians tend to pick up on that kind of thing.

Date: October 16, 2006 10:20PM

well, the article is up for deletion right now.
[en.wikipedia.org]

There are more votes for its deletion, and they are calling it a "smear" campaign against Landmark.
But its not even about "votes", its about a handful of Wiki people with Admin powers, who make the decision.

I have seen MANY articles get deleted, usually if they criticize Wikipedia!
Trust me, that article is dead meat.
Just watch.

Posted by: Lordship ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:15AM

Oprah is definitely a problem as she is an open supporter of Abraham Hicks of all things.

This video is clearly the English version (professional subtitles) and I suspect it comes from Canada or was picked up at a TV sales market.

If anyone has a DVD or CDR version I would be more than happy to approach the BBC in the Uk with it.

Drop me a line

Cheers

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 18, 2006 02:52AM

Oprah is definitely a problem as she is an open supporter of Abraham Hicks of all things.

This video is clearly the English version (professional subtitles) and I suspect it comes from Canada or was picked up at a TV sales market.

If anyone has a DVD or CDR version I would be more than happy to approach the BBC in the Uk with it.

Drop me a line

Cheers

Sorry dude, not sure exactly who you are due to so few posts.

However, you may wish to try here to download via BitTorrent:
[thepiratebay.org]

Or here to view via streaming video:
[www.dailymotion.com]

Let us know if that helps.

Keep us posted on your trials and travails with the video as related to the BBC in the UK.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 21, 2006 06:44AM

Apparently, over at Cult-fanatic/happy Wikipedia, surprisingly enough, the decision was keep on
[en.wikipedia.org]

See the decision and commentary by representatives from the almost dozen or so Landmark Education/Est happy fanatics who edit Wikipedia, at:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: kath ()
Date: October 21, 2006 07:43AM

ajinajan
Apparently, over at Cult-fanatic/happy Wikipedia, surprisingly enough, the decision was keep on
[en.wikipedia.org]

Yay! I am so pleased. I'd voted and joined in a bit, but I really thought they'd succeed in obliterating it. They were just trying harder than any normal person would have the inclination to fight.

Yay!
Love
Kath

Date: October 21, 2006 09:03AM

I too was pleasantly surprised that they appear to have decided to keep the article. I have seen many articles get cut. Sometimes it happens later when less people are looking.

Those decisions just some down to a few wiki people with Admin powers. In this case, they appear to have seen the Landmarkians at work. Hopefully the article will stay up, but even now its being chipped away.
It will be interesting to see how it holds up.

Personally, in my experience, the fanatics win at Wikipedia, as they never give up.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 21, 2006 08:14PM

Anticult, please enlighten as to any articles that have gotten deleted under pressure. the Landmark entry gets revised regularly, no surprise there. curious as to which ones have gotten removed entire.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.