Current Page: 2 of 3
Bizarre Landmark Experience - any thoughts?
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: August 15, 2007 12:05AM

UPDATE;

I just spoke to another friend of mine. She said one of her friend's got sucked in by Landmark and is now initiating a complaint process; she suggested that as many people as possible write to :

The Attorney General of British Columbia (Canada)
The Honourable Wally Oppal
Room 232 Parliament Buildings
P.O. Box 9055 Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria, BC V8W 9E2

and register a complaint, stating the following grounds:

Hi shadow

I'm just curious as to whether your friend stumbled onto any illegal landmark business practices as far as city by-laws are concerned? I looked into this many months ago and it seems that any business must report to the city and be licensed to operate in the city. Does landmark stay under radar because they use hotel conference rooms or private (volunteers') homes to conduct their so-called business? Does landmark have a business address in the city of Victoria yet or do they still use their Vancouver address?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:18AM

ON2 LF

UPDATE;

I just spoke to another friend of mine. She said one of her friend's got sucked in by Landmark and is now initiating a complaint process; she suggested that as many people as possible write to :

Victoria, BC V8W 9E2

Hi shadow

I'm just curious as to whether your friend stumbled onto any illegal landmark business practices as far as city by-laws are concerned? I looked into this many months ago and it seems that any business must report to the city and be licensed to operate in the city. Does landmark stay under radar because they use hotel conference rooms or private (volunteers') homes to conduct their so-called business? Does landmark have a business address in the city of Victoria yet or do they still use their Vancouver address?

ON2 LF-

You nailed it on the head.

Date: August 15, 2007 01:32AM

ON2 LF-

Well, if I were a city by-law officer I'd be pretty insulted to know that some scambagger outfit was operating right under my nose, making huge profit while doing so and not reporting its business activities as the law requires. Maybe this is why it is so important for landmark to infiltrate legitimate organizations/businesses and/or police organizations etc. Not only do they keep the heat off their backs but they are also able to strategically place themselves in a position to recruit and program some of society's more trusted and influential people.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: August 15, 2007 05:00AM

jacquelinejolie
I attended Landmark a couple of months ago, because, quite frankly, I wasn't being a very good mother to my kids. A little explanation... (my "story," I guess) :oops:

When I was about 20, I got completely hammered at a party, and my brother's friend "took advantage" of the situation - leaving me pregnant. The product of that night was my (now 18 year old) son whom I raised alone. I also have another six year old son from a failed relationship. (I'm sure I 'created that possibility' too) I went to the Forum because I knew I wasn't 'embracing' motherhood, and was feeling resentful of my children, losing my freedom, etc.

At Landmark, I told one of the volunteers about my 18 year old's conception, and how I think I have always, in some way, taken it out on him. Her response was that "you chose him" and that I should tell him about how he was conceived. This seems extremely inappropriate to me. What child would actually want to know that his mother was literally forced to have him? (FYI - I don't believe in abortion). Does this make sense to anyone?

However, I am grateful to Landmark because I realized while watching all of these very damaged people speak, that if I don't become a better parent to my boys, they're going to turn out as messed up as those people. That was an aha moment for me, so I do feel that was
worth the time and money spent.

Don't trust Landmark volunteers or tell them any personal experiences. Some of them are emotionally dysfunctional and have gained some self confidence with Landmark. None of them is trained to be any expert in anything. They only know the Landmark bla bla. Never ask them for advice with a real problem.

Date: August 15, 2007 06:14AM

ON2 LF

ON2 LF-

Well, if I were a city by-law officer I'd be pretty insulted to know that some scambagger outfit was operating right under my nose, making huge profit while doing so and not reporting its business activities as the law requires. Maybe this is why it is so important for landmark to infiltrate legitimate organizations/businesses and/or police organizations etc. Not only do they keep the heat off their backs but they are also able to strategically place themselves in a position to recruit and program some of society's more trusted and influential people.

They rent hotels and are decentralised. Canada has not classified them as a "cult" or "therapy/counseling." It's just a group of people meeting. It may seem quasi-religious, but even then, that's legal.

There's no law against a group of people meeting and "having a conversation."

Date: August 15, 2007 06:42AM

It would be nice if authorities would recognize those 'conversations', in practice, as being conspiracy to commit fraud and to intentionally deceive and coerce unsuspecting victims into becoming deployable drones for a ruthless organization.
It's unfortunate that the [i:b241ac17c7]conspiracy[/i:b241ac17c7] part of landmark forums aren't recognized and identified as illegal activity [i:b241ac17c7]wherever[/i:b241ac17c7] a forum is run.
Conspiracy to commit murder or fraud is illegal, it is unfortunate that conspiring to cause intentional psychological damage for the purposes of profit and recruitment, are still legal. :shock:

Date: August 15, 2007 08:57AM

ON2 LF

It would be nice if authorities would recognize those 'conversations', in practice, as being conspiracy to commit fraud and to intentionally deceive and coerce unsuspecting victims into becoming deployable drones for a ruthless organization.
It's unfortunate that the [i:e58f786705]conspiracy[/i:e58f786705] part of landmark forums aren't recognized and identified as illegal activity [i:e58f786705]wherever[/i:e58f786705] a forum is run.
Conspiracy to commit murder or fraud is illegal, it is unfortunate that conspiring to cause intentional psychological damage for the purposes of profit and recruitment, are still legal. :shock:
No country has the time of money to take them on.

Now, if someone said "donate 500 dollars to put the LE bitch to sleep," I'd be all for that "conversation" leading to "transformation" and the "possibility" of LE dying.

And seeing Werner and Harry tarred and feathered [i:e58f786705]again[/i:e58f786705]...well, that would be worth at least 2300 USD!

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: August 15, 2007 12:42PM

The Shadow
UPDATE;

Victoria, BC V8W 9E2

1. illegal business practices (Landmark IS using pyrmid sales, only using the "bartering system"; i.e. a "volunteer" will get a course for free as long as they sign up a certain number of recruits. (pyramid sales is illegal in Canada.

2. Landmark is using cohersive sales techniques (getting friends and relatives to practice hypnosis techniques on people they are trying to get to sign up), without advising people that they are doing this. - this comes under the heading of unethical, high pressure sales which is not allowed in BC.

3. Landmark is not fulfilling its promise to "change your life" during The Forum (rather, they say, if you do not succeed it is your own fault.)

4. Landmark Education Corporation (LDC) is using-group hypnosis without advising the prospective recruit or course participant that they are doing so.

5. LEC is practicing group therapy in a dangerous and unethical manner and they do not provide a safety-net in case of mental breakdown during or after the courses and seminars.

She is also sending a letter of complaint to:
Complaints Department
College of Psychologists of BC
404 - 1755 W. Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6J 4S5

citing unethical practices which include group-hypnosis WITHOUT INFORMED CONCENT and practicing therapy without doing a complete clinical and psychological workup.

You could also write to

MARKETPLACE
P.O. Box 500
Station A
Toronto, ON
M5W 1E6

stating your experience and asking them to do an Investagative Show about Landmark Education Corporation.

These are all very very good ideas on how to proceed.

Please do keep us posted.

Other complaints with various governments are proceeding in various agencies as well, and have in the past (for example the Federal government of France).

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 16, 2007 08:00AM

"ON2 LF"

UPDATE;

Victoria, BC V8W 9E2

Hi shadow

I don't know how they stay under the radar, but that is about to change.

They do have a business address, but that too is going to change before the year has ended.

They are registered with the Better Business Bureau, they have adhered to all the necessary legal aspects of running a business, and they know how to create all the loopholes to protect themselves, however, they have not bargained on me! -- I am not going to sit by quietly while they use my friend to attempt to initiate me into their covert Pyramid Sales/work and not get paid scam.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 16, 2007 08:04AM

"Vic-Luc"
"ON2 LF"

ON2 LF-

They rent hotels and are decentralised. Canada has not classified them as a "cult" or "therapy/counseling." It's just a group of people meeting. It may seem quasi-religious, but even then, that's legal.

Quite right Vic-Luc,

There is no law against having "a conversation in a public place", however there are laws about the CONTENT of that conversation. I will contend that my civil liberties have been violated.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.