Current Page: 4 of 5
hidden camera - Inside Landmark Forum
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:27PM

kath - What a great find!

http://www.eff.org/

Electronic Frontier Foundation aims to protect peoples freedoms on the internet. Might be something to look at for those seeking to bring the truth about Landmark etc to light online.

Interestingly it was started by someone who escaped the clutches of Transcendental Meditation after 7 years.

Here's more information from that site:
[www.eff.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: October 09, 2006 08:44PM

ending my self-imposed exile to lurkerhood to post this...

I had procrastinated about posting a link to the Landmark community on LiveJournal so too bad they took it down.

however, has anyone considered putting this up on Google Video?

don't know about YouTube off-hand, but with Google Video you can actually download the videos.

while on Google Videos, also search for an amazing documentary television series called CENTURY OF THE SELF. the third episode features a segment on est and short interview with Erhard. (found out about this series via this messageboard, ISTR.)

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 10, 2006 07:07AM

ending my self-imposed exile to lurkerhood to post this...

I had procrastinated about posting a link to the Landmark community on LiveJournal so too bad they took it down.

however, has anyone considered putting this up on Google Video?

don't know about YouTube off-hand, but with Google Video you can actually download the videos.

while on Google Videos, also search for an amazing documentary television series called CENTURY OF THE SELF. the third episode features a segment on est and short interview with Erhard. (found out about this series via this messageboard, ISTR.)
As far as Google Video goes, they actually just bought YouTube today, so this makes for a very interesting question:
A) Separate from YouTube, would Google Video post the videos of the "2003 Inside Landmark Forum" documentary by France 3 network's Pieces a Conviction?
B) Now that Google Video will soon own YouTube, would it be possible for someone else to get the videos back up on YouTube, if they have a different policy regarding standing up to Art Schreiber (Landmark Education's General Counsel and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Werner Erhard's former personal attorney and executive within Werner Erhard and Associates and Erhard Seminars Training) ?

Posted by: drew ()
Date: October 11, 2006 03:13AM

astagiaire
You can download the whole video at here
[www.archive.org]
I'm very interested in downloading or purchasing these videos. I watched them on youtube before they were taken off and would like to review them again. Anyone with access to it, please contact me via PM. Thank you.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 11, 2006 03:16AM

They have been removed from this Internet location too.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: October 11, 2006 09:31AM

some one could check into piratebay.org

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:57PM

rrmoderator
The French probably don't mind if it's on-line and it's unlikely they invoked any copyright claim.
Probably so. Is there a way to "créer une possibilité" to host it on culteducation.com?

Posted by: spewey ()
Date: May 12, 2007 02:23PM

I would like to see this video but noticed this thread hasn't been updated for sometime.

My ex-girlfriend did Landmark and even trained to be a leader a few years before we met. She enrolled her boyfriend at the time and all of her friends (the ones she didn't meet there at least).

It seemed every person I met through her went to Landmark. I was the only one who didn't. In fact, she even got her young son to attend a kids' version!

Needless to say, I received tons of pressure to attend. It was a big sticking point in our relationship. The more she put the pressure on the more I resisted.

At one point I told her I might go, because, I thought, if it meant THAT much to her, and I loved her THAT much, then it couldn't be all bad. But within a day of saying I'd think about she sent me a schedule for the next course. She already had called and agreed to pay the $400 for me to go! She's not a person of means and could have spent that money on her kids, but instead wanted to use it to enroll me.

That freaked me out. It was too over-the-top. All of a sudden it seemed our relationship hinged on my going.

After I decided not to go (it was supposed to be my Valentine's gift to her) things went downhill rapidly.

She was also involved with a big non-denomintational church, which I attended on occasion with her and which, like all churches, had a strong group think mentality. Although it wasn't part of an organized religion, it was very organized and brought in thousands every Sunday. And they all smiled and had glassy looks in their eyes and laughed at the reverend's tepid humor. I didn't mind the message of the ministry- peace, love, etc- but there was something so absent about the parishoners- reminded me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. They were all happy and loving and fine and dandy, but seemingly soulless. They were living for universal oneness (or something like that) but never seemed to be individuals.

Anyway, it appeared to me that the Landmark experience pervades the mind so deeply that it sets people up to forever look for ways to lose their individuality and instead become part of something bigger. At least this is how it seemed to me in the context of my girlfriend.

In the end, I was left sad, her kids were left sad and confused as to why we split, and she was left able to explain it all as being fine- part of the Universe's wish and no one's fault. I couldn't help thinking how she would never ever see a problem with her behaviour, no matter how many people suffered in the end. I suppose it was just our "rackets."

Posted by: amu ()
Date: May 12, 2007 04:50PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. These coercive teqniques are the same carried on in Bonyan (Iranian Lifespring Cult). They don't give up easily . There is a lot of pressure to enrol others. And since with enroling new people your bindigs to the group becomes tighter there will be less chance to let go of the group. Mentally and psychologicaly a person who has enroled many stays with the group and even if he find out about many negative harrasments , he tries to censor his true feelings. Most of them suffer psychological illness.

quote="dontdoit"]Thanks for putting the video online. I had my experience with Landmark back in the late 90's. I did two courses, the Forum and the advanced course. A lot of coercion goes on, group pressure and harrasment. I was put under a lot of pressure to enrol others, i managed one who happens to be my ex partner and mother of my 10 year old daughter.

At the time i thought i was doing something good, but after i paid $700 for the advanced course i was asking myself why am i wasting my time here.

But i did the advanced course and half completed the weekly sessions before giving it up. But getting away from them wasn't easy and even 8 years later i get mail and phone calls trying to get me to go back.

The biggest concern i have with them is my daughter's mother has been a volunteer for 8 years. She travels 600 klms every 2 weeks to facilitate in these courses. She spends hours on the phone each night trying to enrol others. She holds meetings at her place to enrol others. She wants me to agree to have our daughter do the kids forum and whenever an issue arises between us , out comes the landmark language. I had to seek legal help to prevent her from enrolling our daughter.

All this organisation cares about is MONEY, they harrass you to enrol as many people as you can. During the courses they have a compettion to see who can encourage the most people to come to the graduation. They call you after the course to find out how many you have got coming to the introduction and if you have no one they keep calling and abusing you.

Landmark portrays itself as an innocent oragnisation committed to helping participants. But it is not.

The video that was shown was spot on. They need to be gone from Australia too.[/quote]

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: May 13, 2007 12:58PM

if u want to see the video of landmark
go to

[thepiratebay.org]

this is a torrent file.
it may be running a little slow for now but if
u leave your torrent on when u go to be u
should have it by morning.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.