Current Page: 2 of 4
Cult Rules???
Posted by: MarkusWelch ()
Date: September 25, 2006 11:29AM

It's no secret I disagree with you Nutrino. I jumped the gun on this one, not having read your comments completely. I should have considering my remarks (and in any case). I regret having made that mistake and offer you my apologies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Cult Rules???
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 01:12PM

Whatever image you add feeling to will manifest. If you fear something, you are adding energy to it. Anything you fear or love will tend to be attracted into your life. Choose your passions wisely.

It seems to me that the Law of Attraction used in The Secret says we should let go of the idea of anything we want and then we will have it. I see a [b:0846897e26]contradiction[/b:0846897e26] in this thinking.

Let's see now... I need gas for my car. Oh well, let me forget about it and I will have it. Oops! I just ran out of gas.

Please!

Cult Rules???
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: September 25, 2006 07:27PM

You can change your thoughts. Start noticing what goes on in your head. If you don’t like it, start consciously changing it. Choose new thoughts.

My ex once told me of a story that happened to him as child. He was so embarrassed and humiliated by the event. When he went to the workshop, that all changed. He 'changed' that moment in his life, to a positive one. He now 'believes' the positive time happened.

Hello reality...I thought the past could not be changed. I thought the past was perfect - mistakes and all. (note sarcasm)

Cult Rules???
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 25, 2006 11:48PM

anon0820

You can change your thoughts. Start noticing what goes on in your head. If you don’t like it, start consciously changing it. Choose new thoughts.

My ex once told me of a story that happened to him as child. He was so embarrassed and humiliated by the event. When he went to the workshop, that all changed. He 'changed' that moment in his life, to a positive one. He now 'believes' the positive time happened.

Hello reality...I thought the past could not be changed. I thought the past was perfect - mistakes and all. (note sarcasm)

Right! As usual, the "teachings" are nuts! But if you follow the rules about no thinking, questioning, analyzing, these contradictions, if you notice them, shouldn't bother you. I [i:69c881cc66]did[/i:69c881cc66] glimpse them, but I used a 12-step slogan (thought stopper) to mind fuck myself: "take what you like and leave the rest". I liked enough to keep going in spite of the underlying insanity, and I "chose" to focus on what I liked. So, I spent 6 years and $$$$ in that craziness because I couldn't see or think straight, being taught how to lie to myself.

Cult Rules???
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: September 25, 2006 11:50PM

3. ELIMINATE TOLERATIONS IN ALL THEIR FORMS. TOLERATIONS ARE THE BREEDING GROUND OF PROBLEMS.

Sorry, just have to say, TOLERANCE towards others in this world is what we need more of, not less of. The Christian Crusades were because of peoples inability for tolerance. Hitlers genocide was because of intolerance. American Indians were almost destroyed because of intolerance. I could keep going with many acts of human intolerance, but I think you get the point. Hate, is based on intolerance. Intolerance of others beliefs, and color, is what creates war and murder and HATE. Without tolerance of our fellow people, we would all be living without love and compassion and we would all be hermits. Or dead as we seem to "kill" that which we have no tolerance of. Intolerance creates injustice.

Intolerance creates race wars, religious wars, sex wars, wars between countries. INTOLERANCE creates HATE.

So to those of you who believe in the above statement of eliminate tolerations, I feel sorry for you. Those of you who believe this need psychological help and fast. You are the ones who create hate in this world.

And in my opinion, this world needs much less hate, and so therefore needs much more tolerance.

So, grow up people, children are intolerant of those who are different than they are and look at the problems in our schools. Shootings, beatings, bullying.

So, I should work on my "tolerance" level towards those who are "intolerant". As I believe that they have something important missing from their lives. And to be intolerant is to miss out on many wonderful experiences in this life.

Cult Rules???
Date: September 26, 2006 02:03AM

FULLY EMBRACE INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY IS THAT WHICH AFFORDS FLOURISHMENT.

I've seen this word - Integrity used as a rule when asked what the course structure and exercise are in the workshops. It is my INTEGRITY and my WORD not to tell anyone about them who hasn't taken the courses. It can ruin the experience. :roll:

Cult Rules???
Date: September 27, 2006 12:51PM

Hi Anon0820,

anon0820

FULLY EMBRACE INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY IS THAT WHICH AFFORDS FLOURISHMENT.

I've seen this word - Integrity used as a rule when asked what the course structure and exercise are in the workshops. It is my INTEGRITY and my WORD not to tell anyone about them who hasn't taken the courses. It can ruin the experience. :roll:

They've hijacked the 'good' of the concept, and they've tagged the incentive toward positive experience. In normal use and in normal human interaction 'integrity' and 'word' actually mean something positive and they are appropriately used.

One might notice a pattern of similar 'good' concepts perverted by them.

Just my $.02.

Regards,

Markus Welch

Cult Rules???
Date: September 27, 2006 02:52PM

Do you want to explain your comments Nutrino, including this?

You said: "you should consider yourself lucky you don't get adjudicated non compos mentis in short order and spend the next 60 days under close observation.... "

I invited you to take your political views (I'm sure you have them) to AFL and I suggested I would rip you to shreds. I've since admitted that you were not posting any political views in that post. Keep in mind I could provide examples of what you have posted here that indeed do indicate you have an agenda outside of the intent of this site.

AFL is a newsgroup where ideas can be tossed around, about LE and lgats. Did you think you were in physical danger, much like you thought I was some sort of imposter/landmark advocate? I suggest you research what AFL is, and my posting history here and there. You should also rethink your idea that your political views can be posted here with impunity.

Please visit AFL where we can hash out our differences without altering the intent of this board. And you can be damned sure I am watching your posts, precisely to point out where they should not have been posted here.

You dont have to make law enforcement threats or suggest psychological care for me. I asked you to take the political debate elsewhere, AGAIN.

You might be able to deliver your anticult message without destroying the intent of this board.

Cult Rules???
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 27, 2006 06:07PM

Markus.... [b:7aec0fc970] there is something flat out wrong with your mind. [/b:7aec0fc970] There is a bizarre literalism to your thought patterns which is sometimes associated with brain injury. I suggest obtaining a psychometric work up to see if you can pinpoint the issue. Your personality structure is generally not one that is comfortable seeking therapy, however I think you would benefit greatly from professional help, assuming you can find a good fit between yourself and the psychologist or psychiatrist. Sometimes these rigidities are seen in head trauma, PTSD, undiagnosed micro stroke, or they may have resulted from traumatic or repressive childhood experiences. In any case, my opinion is that you need help and you would be wise to seek help. You aren't well. That's obvious.

Cult Rules???
Date: September 28, 2006 12:15AM

We are losing sight of what this message board is all about. I would like to research this site for more information, not to see bantering between the users.

Let's play nice, and let's stay focused on the subject matter without getting everyone's dander up. :shock: :roll:

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.