America in the Dead Sea Scrolls
Posted by: dan67 ()
Date: August 30, 2003 10:11AM

No cult here. Just a one man crusade, or so it seems at times. I would just like people to be aware of some interesting facts that I have discovered. These days, I believe it would be especially helpful if terrorists were aware of the connections that I found. I believe it would make them think twice about 'doing it for Allah'.
I have discovered dates, names, and events that link the original American Woodstock festival of 1969 and at least one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Woodstock was originally to be held in Waillkill, NY on 8/15, 16 & 17/69, but the people there protested. So, Woodstock ended up being held in Bethel, NY on 8/15, 16 & 17/69. I Kings ch. 12 in the Bible, tells about another sinful festival held in Bethel on 8/15(Yes, I am aware that the Hebrew calendar and the one we us in America today are different. I am sure God is aware too). The original author of about 100 B.C. interpreted several Bible verses in this particular scroll. One of those Bible verses is Micah 2;11. In my modern Catholic translation Bible(although I grew up in a Catholic family, I do not believe in every Catholic taeching), Micah 2;11 reads, [i:69f7b7a964]"If one acting on impulse should make the futile claim: "I pour you wine and strong drink as my prophecy," then he would be the prophet of this people."[/i:69f7b7a964] Concerning this verse, the scroll author writes about a, [i:69f7b7a964]"follower of the wind, one who raised storms and rained down lies, had preached to them(Mic. 2;11), against all of whose assembly the anger of God was kindled."[/i:69f7b7a964] At Woodstock Joe Cocker sang, [i:69f7b7a964]"Lets Go Get Stoned"[/i:69f7b7a964] and then, [i:69f7b7a964]"With A Little Help From My Friends."[/i:69f7b7a964] Just seconds after Joe was finished singing it began to rain. There was [i:69f7b7a964]no rain[/i:69f7b7a964] in the forcast that day. In my view, the two songs give a negative and a positive message and therefore constitute a [i:69f7b7a964]following of the wind[/i:69f7b7a964] . Proof of these and other connections can be found at my site [www.woodstockanddeadseascrolls.net] To help convey train of thought about the connections I make no attempt to make money from the subject matter. One main message of the connections is that the 'hippies' and a little later the 'Jesus freaks' touched on what God really wants for us, but the scoffers and 'yuppies' diverted them with drugs and words of doubt.

Main References

[i:69f7b7a964]Woodstock the Oral History[/i:69f7b7a964] , by Joel Makower

[i:69f7b7a964]Dead Sea Scrolls in English[/i:69f7b7a964] , by Geza Vermes

[i:69f7b7a964]The New American Catholic Translation Bible[/i:69f7b7a964]

Date: September 21, 2003 12:03AM

Is everyone speechless? I noticed my post getting too far down the list.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 23, 2003 08:54PM

dan67
Is everyone speechless? I noticed my post getting too far down the list.

The way the Hebrew lunar calendar wors is that the new months are based on sightings and corroborating dates can be very sticky. You might want to correspond with dvar.org

Date: September 24, 2003 06:56AM

richardmgreen

The way the Hebrew lunar calendar wors is that the new months are based on sightings and corroborating dates can be very sticky. You might want to correspond with dvar.org

Thanks! I will take a look at it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.