Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Cult Speak????
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: September 20, 2006 12:10AM

How do you speak to someone you know who is in a cult and doesn't think their mind has been altered? One who claims that the only mind that was being controlled was his / hers.

Speech and replies in emails in the typical jargon resulting from these 'centers' are shown as:
Examples are:
[list:b33427dd04]negative feelings are not real;
only choose to be happy in the NOW;
what's past is perfect - mistakes and all; it cannot be changed;
talks about his feelings, but no emotion is displayed by his actions;
no blame, no shame, no guilt, no judgment, isn't a victim;
very very controlled speech - everything is carefully worded;
vagueness;
etc...[/list:u:b33427dd04]
Can anyone add more jargon expressions? Also, can anyone translate this into mainstream terms that we can communicate with cult members?

Options: ReplyQuote
Cult Speak????
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: September 20, 2006 11:08PM

Oh, how fun!

"You choose your own reality."

"If you're not happy with your life, change it. If things in your life are bad, then you must not really want to change."

"That really resonates/doesn't resonate with me."

"Are we complete?"

"Thank you for sharing."

"Everything is an illusion."

"Drop your attachment."

"It's all ego."

Cult Speak????
Posted by: electronicoffee ()
Date: September 21, 2006 01:51AM

Everyone is incomplete, we all need guidance in order to be complete..

You create your own reality and are your own victim..

How can you claim to be whole, when you do not feel whole.

I don't think you're being authentic with me / them / her / it / etc.

You are not living up to your ultimate potential.

Life is meaningless and empty, and emptiness and life are meaningless.

The ultimate response to ALL reason or logic: "you're running a racket"
(my friends and I actually use this term now as a joke to any insult/argument)

Cult Speak????
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 21, 2006 04:08AM

these are all examples of the [b:a47cfaa7a6] fetishitic [/b:a47cfaa7a6] use of language ... or [b:a47cfaa7a6] "thought stopping" [/b:a47cfaa7a6] by quickly moving to an obsessive language-plug to stuff into any mental leak... sort of like the bicycle tire patch kits except for the mind.... when you have a small box of brain-corks handy who needs to bother with any in depth analysis or nuanced consideration... just stick the pacifier in the brat's mouth and put him in from of the teevee to watch the old familiar re-runs we know and love so well... heh, pour some authenticity on that racket and serve a baloney sandwich over the net...

Cult Speak????
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 21, 2006 08:41AM

The lgat I was involved with said "'WHY' is the booby prize". Talk about stopping thinking, questioning, examining, probing...... We weren't supposed to ask WHY!

Also, "don't explain, don't complain".

"I am my results"

I'm halfway through "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout, and I see even deeper how lgats teach sociopathy. The lgat I was conned by programmed us not to say/think certain words/concepts.

We were not to say that something "makes me" anything, e.g. feel, think, question. If I do something hurtful or unethical to you, you cannot say I made you feel hurt/angry/etc. If you feel that way, you need to change your mind about how you feel and quit being a damn victim (because, afterall, you are CHOOSING to feel as you do). This is sociopathic.

"Makes me" means there is connection and interplay among humans. We effect one another. While I know it can be argued that there is a problem with "makes me" in the literal sense, the spirit of it is necessarily human.

According to Stout, what underlies the absence of conscience in sociopaths is a disconnection from others. And damn if the lgat I was in didn't teach us how to be disconnected from others and be conscience-free. In that sociopathic state, we had license to do anything to anyone and not feel a twinge of guilt or empathy.

As my learning of lgats grows, so does my disdain for the man who conned me.

Cult Speak????
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 21, 2006 07:51PM

An insightful view of the problem with so much of the teachings of LGATs, Skeptic.

It seems, to me, that there is too much focus on me, me, me, and little concern is allowed for the possible affect of a participant's self-centred actions on those around them. Very narcissistic!

Sure, people may choose to react to situations as they see fit, but if I was to bash someone on the big toe with a 20-pound hammer, let's see them choose not to feel the pain.

We have control over our lives, but not 100 percent control. Things happen and then we need to react to them. We don't 100 percent create our own realities.

As for questioning, it is the key to growing, to learning. If we don't question when it is appropriate, we are setting ourselves up to be exploited and manipulated.

Not all is good in the world and walking around wearing rose-colored glasses is not going to help. If everything was good these message boards would not exist!

Cult Speak????
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: September 21, 2006 09:02PM

skeptic
The lgat I was involved with said "'WHY' is the booby prize". Talk about stopping thinking, questioning, examining, probing...... We weren't supposed to ask WHY!

Ah yes.... Werner all time stupid proclamation of all time:

[b:c9ddb831f0] "Understanding is the booby prize" ! [/b:c9ddb831f0]

This revelation should be the preamble to every edition of the Jackass movie series..... and then these imbeciles walk around repeating this piece of fuck-a-hole-in-your-head ingenuity like they discovered fire or something...

skeptic
Also, "don't explain, don't complain".

Yeah... too bad Art Schreiber can't seem to remember the theories he loves to so agressively defend

skeptic
"I am my results"

While they're at it, could they define their distinction "results" ? What IS a "result" ? How does it differ from everything else ? Are thoughts "results" ? .... I say there, Einstein had some pretty interesting ideas.... so were Einstein's ideas his "results" ? Or did something have to later happen as a , ummm, "result" of those ideas before Einstein "could be Einstein" ? How does a "result" differ from a "non-result" or a "semi-result", or a "contributory result".... was Wagner's music responsible for Hiltler ?

skeptic
I'm halfway through [b:c9ddb831f0] "The Sociopath Next Door" [/b:c9ddb831f0] by Martha Stout, and I see even deeper how lgats teach sociopathy. The lgat I was conned by programmed us not to say/think certain words/concepts.

An excellent, if modestly flawed introduction to the subject... and yes,
the New Age/Human Potential/LGAT milieu draws the [b:c9ddb831f0] sociopathic personality [/b:c9ddb831f0] like flies to shit.... or trainers to training rooms for a little mind massage....

skeptic
We were not to say that something "makes me" anything, e.g. feel, think, question. If I do something hurtful or unethical to you, you cannot say I made you feel hurt/angry/etc. If you feel that way, you need to change your mind about how you feel and quit being a damn victim (because, afterall, you are CHOOSING to feel as you do). This is sociopathic.

To put it mildly.... sociopaths, it seems, are past masters, well practiced, at minimizing their responsibility... this is a cardinal feature of the sociopathic style, [b:c9ddb831f0] minimization of culpability [/b:c9ddb831f0] and the mirror component [b:c9ddb831f0] making YOU the full owner of the problem [/b:c9ddb831f0] ... yeah, there is a sociopathic streak in Erhardian thought...

skeptic
"Makes me" means there is connection and interplay among humans. We effect one another. While I know it can be argued that there is a problem with "makes me" in the literal sense, the spirit of it is necessarily human.

This is why there is intersubjectivity theory.... some of it IS in your head, some of it IS out there, some of it IS in your control, some of it ISN'T... and human consciousness is shaped by the interplay of minds in a collective process of understanding "reality"... the Erhardian Morons want you to believe that each mind is a self contained reality generator that is blocked form "powerful" reality generation by evil "rackets"

skeptic
According to Stout, what underlies the absence of conscience in sociopaths is a disconnection from others. And damn if the lgat I was in didn't teach us how to be disconnected from others and be conscience-free. In that sociopathic state, we had license to do anything to anyone and not feel a twinge of guilt or empathy.

The sociopath has a limited emotional range... generally their greatest thrill is derived from manipulating other people, and their greates source of rage is being frustrated in their desire to manipulate... does this behavioral pattern sound like any trainers we have experienced ?

skeptic
As my learning of lgats grows, so does my disdain for the man who conned me.

You're just warming up..... wait until the full realization hits home.

Cult Speak????
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: September 22, 2006 12:31AM

nutrino
skeptic

Ah yes.... Werner all time stupid proclamation of all time:

[b:1c7df90584] "Understanding is the booby prize" ! [/b:1c7df90584]

Oh, wow. I didn't know that. I thought the lgat leader made it up, [i:1c7df90584]all by himself[/i:1c7df90584]. A true original. HAHAHAHAHA Unbelievable. I knew nothing about est, et al. when my friend recruited me into CONtext Associated. Maybe if I'd known, I would have recognized all the exact same tricks. During recruitment I saw a red flag somewhere and I asked if they were est-related, because what I [i:1c7df90584]did[/i:1c7df90584] know of est was that it was not good. The answer I got to my question was that, no, they were not derived from est but from Lifespring. I had never heard of Lifespring so I proceeded on into the first course. If ONLY I'd known that Lifespring = est = all the spinoffs . . .

Cult Speak????
Date: September 22, 2006 12:48AM

This is when they (LGAT's - name one) tell you about those cliches..I'm sorry (add sarcasm), I mean the Laws of Attraction:

"What you are being asked to do is trust. Trust that when something happens, it’s good; and trust that when something you want doesn’t happen, it’s good, too."

"The universe itself will act to move you to what you want, and move what you want to you. All you have to do is let go, while acting on your inner prompts. Let go of fear, doubt, worry, disappointment, and any other negative emotion that might make you feel low."

"Everything that happens in your life is moving you in the direction of your goals. Everything without fail, without exception, is moving you toward your dreams. So if something happens that you feel is bad, remember that it happened to move you forward. Your job is to find the positive in the negative, or at least to trust that there is a positive there, even if you can’t see it at the moment."

"As you let go, trust and give thanks for life, you will feel different. As you radiate a different vibration to the world, better things and experiences will come to you. "

"Again, the whole secret is in learning to let go. "

"The point is letting go doesn’t mean do nothing. It means take action based on your inspiration. Just have the spirit of nonattachment as you do. You must let go of your attachment to success to attract success. "

"The ultimate secret to attracting whatever you want is to want it without needing it. When you detach from the outcome, you disconnect from everything that could sabotage your success. The Attractor Factor kicks into overdrive when you state your intention and are happy whether you achieve it or not. This is a delicate balance. But it’s the major secret to how the universe works. "

"In other words, in the world of everyday reality, struggling to achieve something causes the opposite forces within yourself to kick into play. But when you come from your inner place of serenity, and you go with the flow toward your wishes, you have upped the odds of your achieving them. "

[i:f6bf97887c]Should I go on?[/i:f6bf97887c]

Cult Speak????
Date: September 22, 2006 02:10AM

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.