Intimacy issues with someone who attended LifeSpring
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: September 05, 2006 11:46PM

Ha...funny joke. I'm not laughing. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: September 06, 2006 12:32AM

...Just looking through some of the stuff on Deikman and I see he's written a new(ish) book on cults and terrorism: "Them and Us: Cult Thinking and the Terrorist Threat," an examination long over-due and little scrutinized, IMO, one of the reasons being that the whole cult thing is a little too close to home and a little too revealing for the "neo-cons" and their agendae.

Can't get far on this subject without finding stuff like this, and being dumb-struck with the irony and the tragedy of what this young marine corporal is saying; how easy it would be for him if he ascribed to the same cult-like belief as his victim - I could just kill you and then call it "God's Will." Nice, huh?

[www.informationclearinghouse.info]

Ellen

Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 06, 2006 05:35PM

After reading Ellen's recommendations of books to read, I paid a visit to Amazon.

In one of the reviews for "Game Free", I found mention of a book called the "The Ever-Transcending Spirit" and in the review I discovered the whole thing could be read online!

It deals with how we form our personalities and how we interact in our relationships. It is amazing and can be read here: [books.iuniverse.com]

There are a couple of sections regarding group-think that are especially interesting. They are called "Helping others Grow" and "Dealing with narrowmindedness of one's own Group". A pretty good case is made for why [b:a98e8112bd]LGAT methods don't work[/b:a98e8112bd].

The link to that section is here: [books.iuniverse.com]

Take a look. It is really interesting and the whole book is terrific.

Date: September 06, 2006 07:14PM

Thanks Brad...

How many books are you up to now? :lol:

Date: September 06, 2006 07:49PM

I received five today!!!!! :lol:

I am also reading the other one online. :roll:

Date: September 06, 2006 09:25PM

Is this a cult for people obsessed with cults? :lol: :P

Date: September 06, 2006 09:43PM

Not quite! But I am obsessed with the truth about what these people are doing.

I admit it. I am obsessed. :roll:

I'm not about to wait for someone else to do something about it.

Here, in South Africa, people know so little about these things. We don't, for instance, have exits counselors. People don't know about the red flags to watch out for. Resources on this stuff, from a South African point of view, are very limited.

Hopefully, given some time and a few breaks, I will be able to do something about that. :lol:

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.