Are you in an area where they have
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 15, 2003 12:48AM

laws to protect you from workplace tampering?

Its lousy to have to keep mum at work, since we spend so much of our waking time while there.

You are not alone. 20 years ago I was in graduate school and the department chairman was an enthusiastic graduate of EST (forerunner of Landmark). He tried to get me to do it, and our department secretary suspected she was fired because she refused his overtures to take EST.

This was about 1982, long before we understood, legally and socially about boundaries and workplace ethics. Still thought it sucked.

I remember thinking to myself, 'If I want to be cooped up with a crowd of people and get called an asshole, I dont need to pay $250 bucks (going rate in those days); I can just volunteer at the local soup kitchen and get all that for free!'

I hated the notion of being binned up indoors with no privacy so LGATS never had any attraction. Ironically, I did get recruited into an intense cultic relationship with a spiritual director who was narcissistic and abused boundaries, and used theology to empower himself and bamboozle me. Thats a different type shtick than LGATS.

You dont need this load of bollocks the first week at work.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.