just got done with similier "weekend" like lifespr
Posted by: roughrider ()
Date: August 21, 2006 07:15AM

What a joke. I went through the first weekend which was all about responsiblity and expectations. The instructor makes you feel good by giving compliments the first day. The the rest of the weekend starts and it all turns to breaking you down and questioning yourself more than ever. They have excercises in which can really jerk on your emotion strings. 3 day weekend course

Next course was advanced which was $850. Someon will sit with you and get all the things that matter to you on paper and then say "what are you going to do about it" this is the best way i know that can "support" you. It is all a crock of garbabge. You go to the advanced course and they continue to break you down and then build you up to the way they want you that will benefit them later on.

Leadership

Even a bigger joke. You are a salesperson for the company, bottom line. They will have some time set aside to talk about sales versus enrollement.
I should of walked out then. Went through leadership and finally saw enough to end the garbage

These type of self growth companies will control you more than ever. Going through these classes allows people to have control over you and manipulate you because they have seen your volunable side. They push, push, and push. It is a big business when you start adding of the numbers. They say CLEAR INTENTION, ENROLLEMENT, WERE LEADERS, I AM A STRONG POWERFUL PERSON ETC ETC ETC.

WHAT A JOKE. THEN WHEN YOU DO DECIDE TO LEAVE, THEY CUT OFF ALL CONTACT WITH YOU. IT ALMOST LIKE YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND THEY DONT WANT YOU TO INFECT THE OTHER PEOPLE. THEY WORK VERY HARD IN SEPERATING SOMEONE THAT WALKED AWAY FROM THEIR "GROUP" I AM GLAD I WENT THROUGH IT. THOSE PEOPLE SAY THERE UP TO BIG LIFE CHANGING THINGS, LET ME TELL YOU FROM FIRST HAND THAT THEIR UP TO THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. GO AHEAD AND QUESTION OR TURN ON THEM, ALL OF A SUDDEN THE WORK DOESNT MATTER! ITS ALL A JOKE.

IF YOU WANT TO BE MANIPULATED AND CONTROLLED THEN SIGN UP FOR THESE CLASSES OR GROWTH WEEKENDS.............

ANY REPLIES I WOULD APPRECIATE

ANYONE THAT USES SOMEONES WEAKNESS TO DO WHAT THEY WANT ARE COMPLETE CON ARTISTS.

just got done with similier "weekend" like lifespr
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: August 21, 2006 08:21AM

Right. In the con "course" I was recruited into by a friend, they taught us how to create "trust and rapport". Huh?, I wondered. I did not know what that had to do with my purpose in being there. I was confused. Some of the modules sounded like sales techniques. I did not understand.

The "course" has evolved from one that was 3 (long) evenings and 2 FULL days for $500 to a 6 or 7 day "course" for $5,000!!!! And they call it a VACATION! HAHAHAHAHA! Well, maybe it is a vacation: a vacation from thinking for yourself and from thinking at all. A vacation from life as you know it, problem is you'll return with your personality and mind in a dis-integrated state. But, that's much less important than the purpose for which you were progammed: selling the course to everyone you know.

And the leadership garbage. The final "course" I took is called "21st Century Leadership" and, funny, but [i:87d44d3cc3]following[/i:87d44d3cc3] (the program) is what it's about. In presentations, we followed a script (taped to the back wall) that told us to say we were leaders!!!!!!! "My name is [ ] and I am a leader".

<COUGH, CHOKE, GAG>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.