Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: July 23, 2006 04:09PM

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding the influence of LGATs and was led on to the subject of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or as it is sometimes called Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

While researching online, I came across references to the many affects and symptoms of PTSD, most (nearly all) of which I could relate to my girlfriend who has been through a number of LGAT courses.

I found the the following link - [www.bullyonline.org] - to be very useful.

The article refers mostly to bullying in the workplace, but one can simply substitute the world bully with abuse and it all makes sense.

To tie my ideas together, it relates to the unethical influence used by LGATs, including mind control exercises, and getting people to do regression to experience old traumas, especially related to when they are in an exhausted state with their normal defences down.

Once this has been done to people, they are open to huge problems, including guilt and shame, as well as blaming themselves for everything -'you create your own reality' - keys that unethical people use against others.

The person who has been exposed then has trouble integrating their perceptions of life because they are dealing with three personalities: the pre-LGAT personality, the LGAT personality, and the combination of the former two personalities.

These are some of the symptoms listed:

Common symptoms of PTSD and Complex PTSD that sufferers report experiencing (my girlfriend answers to at least 20!):

hypervigilance (feels like but is not paranoia)
exaggerated startle response
irritability
sudden angry or violent outbursts
flashbacks, nightmares, intrusive recollections, replays, violent visualisations
triggers
sleep disturbance
exhaustion and chronic fatigue
reactive depression
guilt
feelings of detachment
avoidance behaviours
nervousness, anxiety
phobias about specific daily routines, events or objects
irrational or impulsive behaviour
loss of interest
loss of ambition
anhedonia (inability to feel joy and pleasure)
poor concentration
impaired memory
joint pains, muscle pains
emotional numbness
physical numbness
low self-esteem
an overwhelming sense of injustice and a strong desire to do something about it

Does this seem familiar?

I have been looking for books on PTSD - Rick Ross has an excellent list of books at [www.culteducation.com] and I am interested to know what recommendations other people might have.

I use Amazon.com a lot to get insight from readers of books. Reading about one book often leads on to another by reading on the Amazon website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 24, 2006 12:22AM

For a great article on PTSD about people who have been cults see the article by Ilona C. Cuddy at [www.freedomofmind.com]

Especially interesting is chapter four - What Effect do Cults Have on Their Victims?

I found the parts about 'floating' especially interesting because my girlfriend has often said "I feel as if I am floating"; Now, it makes sense...

Posted by: truthsearch ()
Date: July 26, 2006 10:21AM

I haven't looked into PTSD from LGATs so I don't have any recommendations but I am glad you mentioned this. I do not think I have ever thought about LGATs resulting in PTSD. Very interesting. I will have to do some research on this.

Date: July 26, 2006 12:25PM

Brad69
For a great article on PTSD about people who have been cults see the article by Ilona C. Cuddy at [www.freedomofmind.com]

Especially interesting is chapter four - What Effect do Cults Have on Their Victims?

I found the parts about 'floating' especially interesting because my girlfriend has often said "I feel as if I am floating"; Now, it makes sense...

I am not sure whether these are worthwhile resources or not. A more versed senior member of this board may be able to advise you which are better resources and which are not so good.

In anycase, I imagine you should try not to bandy around these diagnoses without help from professional counselling. "Floating" could very easily be a result of poor diet.

Date: July 26, 2006 12:44PM

I understand that one should not be making a diagnosis when one is not a professional in these matters.

However, when 90+% of the symptoms apply, as in the case of my girlfriend, I have to look at this seriously, especially as they were not there before the first course she attended.

Also, the fact that PTSD has been linked to LGATs, to me, suggests I am on the right track.

To see how my girlfriend felt about me before the first course, read the thread 'Some help, advice, support needed'.

NOBODY I have ever met had a stronger, better relationship than my girlfriend and I.

Recently, when I asked her to explain her massive change in her outlook towards me in just 10 days, the only answer she could give was mind control techniques were used on her without her knowledge.

The LGAT she attended opened up a trauma related to when she was five years old. She is not consciously aware of what it was, but through her work as a kinesiologist, we have been able to work out that this is what happened.

Only professionals should be dealing with such crucial life-controlling traumas.

One-size-fits-all is dangerous!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.