Current Page: 16 of 16
I took the Landmark Forum Recently
Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 12, 2006 01:06PM

skeptic
Riplee,

I agree with Ellen, regarding learning how cults/lgats operate. That has helped me a lot.

Another thing that has helped me, as I started the process of inspecting, then rejecting, the crap I "learned" in the lgat, is rejecting the LIE that I'm doing things all wrong or I'm a failure/weak/etc. when I'm feeling less than a SUCCESSFUL WINNER.

One of the lies that lgats teach is this b&w version of life. It's inhumane.

It's my experience that humans are hardwired with the ability (and need) to feel a range of feelings, from down and depressed to joyous and elated. Lgats disallow half of our humanity. That's some bind to be put in, eh?

I'm UNlearning that lgat LIE, as I quit expecting myself to be a robot who feels on command and feels only half of what I am hardwired to feel. And rather than get upset because I feel less than 100% wonderful, I accept that I'm human, and then reflect on my positive feeling of HATRED for the LIES the lgat sold me.

skeptic

It's quite a feat, when you think about it -- by that I mean that cults and lgats can trick people into thinking all good things come from cult design, cult adherence, proper cult behavior, and cult directive and that if you are having problems or things are going badly, you are entirely at fault, out of alignment, "out-ethic," or some other such baloney. Dismaying, isn't it, how easily many people can be persuaded this is so. Easy to spot a spiritual con-game if you're not religious; not so easy to spot them in a secular setting that pretends to be about "self-improvement" or something similar.

Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Riplee ()
Date: October 13, 2006 12:45AM

I often told the Leader I was feeling depressed and burnt out, he said, nah just a story or racket, your fine.

As for drugs , they were Marijuana and hash, i did kick that habit when at Landmark and have not returned.

Any good books I should read that deal with Mind Control or LGAT s.

cheers

Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: October 13, 2006 08:05AM

here is an interesting book to read :

OUTRAGEOUS BETRAYAL: THE DARK JOURNEY OF WERNER ERHARD FROM EST TO EXILE

by Steven Pressman

Re: I took the Landmark Forum Recently
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 18, 2008 12:01PM

To whom it may concern:

Just want everyone on this thread to know that "pragmatist" turned out to be a Landmark troll.

He has been banned for soliciting business for Landmark through private messaging.

Posted by: wayfarer ()
Date: April 12, 2008 04:48AM

Thanks to all the articles on culteducation.com and elsewhere I changed my mind and won't be signing up for the Landmark Forum.

I have better things to spend $500 on than getting sucked into a group whose main purpose appears to be to lure people into a perpetual cycle of dependence on Landmark. This is the main impression I get about them from the positive and negative articles alike.

I was initially interested because my own philosophical and spiritual interests have been running fairly close to those that influenced Erhard (Zen, existentialism, human potential, getting past your hangups and taking charge of your future, etc.)

But I have to wonder - why spend $500 on something you could just as easily "get" by reading Heidegger and Watts? Why take the risk of turning into a fanatical recruiter for Landmark and alienating your friends and family in the process? Most importantly, how is being lured into a cycle of dependence on attending Landmark seminars and volunteering for them consistent with taking charge of your own life and putting the rackets behind you? Sounds like a bait and switch to me. More than anything else it was reading article after article about their hard-sell tactics that turned me off from wanting anything to do with Landmark. Is this analysis on the mark?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: April 13, 2008 06:22AM

wayfarer
Thanks to all the articles on culteducation.com and elsewhere I changed my mind and won't be signing up for the Landmark Forum.

I have better things to spend $500 on than getting sucked into a group whose main purpose appears to be to lure people into a perpetual cycle of dependence on Landmark. This is the main impression I get about them from the positive and negative articles alike.

I was initially interested because my own philosophical and spiritual interests have been running fairly close to those that influenced Erhard (Zen, existentialism, human potential, getting past your hangups and taking charge of your future, etc.)

But I have to wonder - why spend $500 on something you could just as easily "get" by reading Heidegger and Watts? Why take the risk of turning into a fanatical recruiter for Landmark and alienating your friends and family in the process? Most importantly, how is being lured into a cycle of dependence on attending Landmark seminars and volunteering for them consistent with taking charge of your own life and putting the rackets behind you? Sounds like a bait and switch to me. More than anything else it was reading article after article about their hard-sell tactics that turned me off from wanting anything to do with Landmark. Is this analysis on the mark?

I suggest you read Anthony Gottlieb's "Heidegger for Fun and Profit" (New York Times/January 7, 1990) before you wade too deeply in. You can find it on this website.

Ellen

Posted by: yutolia ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:35AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

Just want everyone on this thread to know that "pragmatist" turned out to be a Landmark troll.

He has been banned for soliciting business for Landmark through private messaging.

Good thing. His posts were very incongruent.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:45AM

I love pragmatist! Please come back and try to silence me :-)

nettie
the landmark troll who will sue your ass...if you post anything negative about my ass

Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.