What?

Where specifically?

No Landmark video can be seen.

Options: ReplyQuote
I took the Landmark Forum Recently
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: October 11, 2006 09:10AM

pragmatist
The two top things that bother people about a company like Landmark (and it doesn't end with them - Tony Robbins is another NLP devotee) is:

1) they charge money for what they do
2) no discernable product/service is perceived by those who never attend anything like this, and are just observing from the outside (like you are doing right now by reading RR) so it's easy to object to paying for a whole lot of "nothing", or "emotional" joy juice/snake oil as some have labeled it.

What bothers people about companies like landmark is that they bring you in with the [b:7b2a038fa5]specific intent[/b:7b2a038fa5] to break you down, to strip away the layers to this point of 'empty and meaningless' using methods that are not only psychologically unethical, but are executed by unqualified individuals ('coaches/trainers/leaders' by their own standards only) who have no qualms about humiliating, abusing and pushing participants beyond their limits.

You aren't told what's going to happen to you, you can't make an informed choice about attending the forum, it's all vagueness and promises of results beyond your wildest dreams. If they were completely honest about the nature of their services they would have far fewer attendees.

They justify this outright deception by telling themselves "we know what's best for people better than they do, and what's best is that they be transformed." That's their racket, and the reason they have attracted so much public scrutiny. The MUST stop underestimating the dangerous impact of their seminars. They MUST start telling people the truth. They MUST start having their courses supervised by trained mental health professionals who can sense when things are going wrong for a participant. And they MUST stop using volunteer slave labor in the name of personal growth and transformation.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: October 11, 2006 09:23AM

pragmatist.

can u discuss your empowerment process with us.
what did u get out of it for example ?

Posted by: Riplee ()
Date: October 11, 2006 11:58PM

advanced course in April and SELP in June. I quit halfway through third course. I wish I had read some of this information before taking Landmark. I have not been the same since leaving LM, I am currently on stress leave from work as a professor and am being treated for Bipolar depression. I lived a Manic 3 months where anything seemed possible, then crashed but hard. What got me out of LM was the fact I was always trying to bring people and the fact i volunteered and saw some people being treated as units.

Does anyone know any good psychologists or other that can help as I feel i need some kind of help not available at regular psychiatrists.

Please don t allow the fact i m new to this board dissuade you.

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: October 12, 2006 01:54AM

rrmoderator
What?

Where specifically?

No Landmark video can be seen.

Go to download- all files- click on "http", then you can click on the .avi and watch, or right-click on it and save it.

To just watch, go this URL.

[ia331305.us.archive.org]

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 12, 2006 02:34AM

Riplee
advanced course in April and SELP in June. I quit halfway through third course. I wish I had read some of this information before taking Landmark. I have not been the same since leaving LM, I am currently on stress leave from work as a professor and am being treated for Bipolar depression. I lived a Manic 3 months where anything seemed possible, then crashed but hard. What got me out of LM was the fact I was always trying to bring people and the fact i volunteered and saw some people being treated as units.

Does anyone know any good psychologists or other that can help as I feel i need some kind of help not available at regular psychiatrists.

Please don t allow the fact i m new to this board dissuade you.

Please don't allow the fact that many of us are hardened old cynics dissuade you from these boards. There are lots of people here who have been through the same thing and can give you *good* information.

I personally have been "cult-watching" for nearly forty years, since the 1960s. What I can tell you is that cults like Landmark are deadly for those who tend towards mood disorders and mood instability - they manage to hook themselves and their dogma onto the "highs" and associate or tie the "lows" with doubts or thoughts of leaving the group, which is easier to see in the more religious cults when they use "negative" thoughts, doubts, questions, or problematic observations as coming from satan or some other menace to your supposed well-being. Landmarkers use the same type of fear tactics to rope certain susceptible people in, and unfortunately, those are the ones who have a harder time extricating themselves.

Good for you that you were able to see the problems. Many become blinded to them, accept them, or excuse them away. An education in mind control and cult tactics should go a long way to improving your outlook immensely. These are cheap con-artists preying on people who are often only guiltly of wanting a better life. Seeing them for what they are is a big step towards getting them out of your system.

Best to you,

Ellen

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: October 12, 2006 02:58AM

Riplee,

I agree with Ellen, regarding learning how cults/lgats operate. That has helped me a lot.

Another thing that has helped me, as I started the process of inspecting, then rejecting, the crap I "learned" in the lgat, is rejecting the LIE that I'm doing things all wrong or I'm a failure/weak/etc. when I'm feeling less than a SUCCESSFUL WINNER.

One of the lies that lgats teach is this b&w version of life. It's inhumane.

It's my experience that humans are hardwired with the ability (and need) to feel a range of feelings, from down and depressed to joyous and elated. Lgats disallow half of our humanity. That's some bind to be put in, eh?

I'm UNlearning that lgat LIE, as I quit expecting myself to be a robot who feels on command and feels only half of what I am hardwired to feel. And rather than get upset because I feel less than 100% wonderful, I accept that I'm human, and then reflect on my positive feeling of HATRED for the LIES the lgat sold me.

skeptic

Posted by: Riplee ()
Date: October 12, 2006 07:40AM

I must admit I felt a sense of elation, once I broke free of LE, this lasted a few weeks as did the calls from LE. I was scheduled to attend their Leaders program in the fall.

I would tend to say I am the type of person that is 100% genuine, when i do something , i do it. I had also just been dumped from a 5 yr. relationship. Not all is negative with LE. I quit using drugs and have begun reading much on my own.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 12, 2006 12:52PM

Riplee
I must admit I felt a sense of elation, once I broke free of LE, this lasted a few weeks as did the calls from LE. I was scheduled to attend their Leaders program in the fall.

I would tend to say I am the type of person that is 100% genuine, when i do something , i do it. I had also just been dumped from a 5 yr. relationship. Not all is negative with LE. I quit using drugs and have begun reading much on my own.

I hope they weren't drugs that had been prescribed to you by a physician. Many people who join cults are encouraged to rely on their own power or the power of some diety to cure them of illness, disease, disability, and such. People at Landmark have been told that whatever disease they might be suffering is a "racket" or psychological game they play to get attention or some other payoff. While this can be true some of the time, Landmarkers, who are untrained and unschooled, make claims that are beyond their ability to diagnose or advise.

Ellen

Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.