Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
landmark calling
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: May 20, 2006 03:48AM

I had a very interesting experience yesterday during work. One of my collegues came up to my manager and myself and said "there is a woman on the phone called Judith who would like to talk to you about training" I said oh ok I don't know a judith and I don't know why she would be calling me.

My boss looked confused and I am sure I did. I took the call and JUdith was given my name by someone else in my company who had known I had been involved in Landmark and she was basically calling me to get me to help her promote landmark business development within my work place.

She told me she was doing the introduction leaders programme and then spent about 10 minutes telling me how great it was and how "I " could assist her to win. All the while me trying to interupt her to tell her exactly what "I" think of landmark.

I finally got two minutes of silence and said that I am very anti landmark and would not be doing anything to promote and in fact I actively told people not to participate.

there was this stunned silence on the end of the phone and a nervous laugh which she said I am not really sure what to do .. followed with a I want to provide something for you here. I pointed out that I didn't need her to provide anything I was quite happy where I was.

The call continued for some more time and finally she pulled out the last few landmark speak weapons... I was in a racket and obviously incomplete. I disagreed saying I was not in a racket nor was I incomplete. I had after looking back realised the dangerous practices that landmark had and was not interested in being a part of it anymore. Nor did I want any of my family and friends to be doing anything dangerous.

Again a stunned silence during which time I said Thanks for the call I need to go I have some work to do.

After which I explained to my boss what the call was about and went on with my work.

I was amazed that someone would even ring me at work particularly since I am listed in the "do not call book" but mainly because to me I am not paid to take essentially what is a private call at work. So today I will be ringing the centre to complain.

but it was certainly an experience and one where for once I felt that I was in control of the situation rather then being on the defensive.

Options: ReplyQuote
landmark calling
Posted by: glam ()
Date: May 20, 2006 08:20AM

It's good that you're at the company to offer your perspective. Imagine what inroads they might have made otherwise. Hopefully this woman will give some thought to what you said and begin questioning Landmark herself.

You've probably saved a number of people from involvement.

Glam

landmark calling
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: May 20, 2006 10:31AM

That's awesome! I wish I had had enough courage to debate with these people over the phone and tell them what I really thought, but at the time I was still freshly out and still unsure of myself and of them. I still told them to get effed though once I got tired of the sales calls. ;)

-Dynamix (proud to be on their "do not call" list)

landmark calling
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: May 21, 2006 04:58AM

The poor thing has never left her ESTmark bubble since she wandered in... and what a shock to hear non-agreement ! Worse.... [i:259779682a] authentic [/i:259779682a] non agreement ... how.... uh... how [i:259779682a] real [/i:259779682a] ..... how unlike the mind numbing drone of rightness that is everything ESTmark...

landmark calling
Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: May 21, 2006 04:58AM

Boy did she dial a wrong number!! lmao

landmark calling
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 22, 2006 04:04AM

Sonnie_dee, are you really sure you're not running a racket? :)

How about being incomplete? Isn't it cute that these people think that as long as you have a "completion conversation" there cannot be any things left that are "incomplete". These conversations for being complete is nothing else than acknowledging all the stupid stuff you have been through during some assignment at landmark and then saying that "ok - I forget all about it and declare myself complete. If anyone is angry with me that's their racket!"

It is like going to the priest and he says "all your sins are forgiven".
But who is the guy that absolves all the landmarkians of their sins. Sins like calling your friends to enroll them to the landmark courses even though they have told you to back off...

landmark calling
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: May 22, 2006 03:42PM

Nettie, I am pretty sure I am not running a racket but if I am, well I dont give a damn!

You are right, completion conversations are really just like being absolved. I had one when I finished on staff. It lasted two minutes because my boss was busy, so go figure.

landmark calling
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 22, 2006 04:48PM

Yes, the boss at our center seemed to be very busy at all times. The training for him was to try to be patient and present during a conversation even though he was trying to manage all the breakdowns of his commitments. It was always a very hectic and stressful mood at the office but this I guess was a "breakthrough mood" that was supposed to be present at all offices around the world. However you (as assistant or on staff) was supposed not to run the racket saying that you were under stress. That was not allowed. What would you call it? I guess you usually would say that you were having a "breakdown in integrity" or that someone who was responsible for getting more assistants to do the free labor wasn't doing their job - of COURSE not in the sence of making that person wrong but simply as a WHAT IS.

Oh how the language of landmark goes around the real problem. It is like you cannot say the obvious; there is simply to little time to accomplish what has been said to be done. Thus a LOT OF INAUTHENTICITY. You had to make up a phrase that sounded right in landmark world but really only was a cover-up of what was true.

landmark calling
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: May 22, 2006 09:22PM

nettie
Oh how the language of landmark goes around the real problem. It is like you cannot say the obvious; there is simply to little time to accomplish what has been said to be done. Thus a LOT OF INAUTHENTICITY. You had to make up a phrase that sounded right in landmark world but really only was a cover-up of what was true.
How well said nettie! Thank you for this.

sonnie: nice job! Thanks for sharing this. Poor thing is probably going to have to take another course to get over the fact that someone didn't want her to "win." Seems she got a dose of real reality and couldn't handle it. I think it's interesting she didn't know what to do with your "no." Guess that wasn't in her script. She couldn't respect you and your time and just say "thank you," hang up, and leave you to each go about your business. Press on to "yes!" Sell, sell, sell!

-lightwolf

landmark calling
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:28PM

Imagine trying to think straight about anything with your little chimp brain stuffed with imbecilic garbage like:

"As our methodology and founding principals are outside of
certain agreements shared by many in the Landmark community, it is not
unusual for people coming from within those agreements to feel that
something is wrong with this conversation, and coming from "something is
wrong" rather than power and possibility results in them making the
conversation wrong or other powerless ways of communicating and being."

translates into:

[b:f3b040fa39] "the dog won't eat the dogfood" [/b:f3b040fa39]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.