Vanilla, Chocolate, choose.
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:30AM

midonov123
It is absurd to say that choice is love-based and decision is fear-based. This is simply not true.
My point exactly -- absurd UNLESS you have an agenda to confuse, obfuscate, and ultimately control. If you can label (and have you noticed how consistently they label thus) rational thought as fear based, you naturally open people up to an alternative (your alternative of course), and how conveniently it is labeled as love. Who would not want to avoid fear? Who would not want to embrace love? Let's all gather for a cosmic group hug, shall we? Very self-serving. Language is the tool of the manipulators. It IS deliberate, I believe. Regardless, there are scores who buy this stuff.

I agree with you Mike; the link was to show the obfuscation in this particular case. Good point on the use of duality. They like it when it serves them, dislike it when it does not.

-lightwolf

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: June 07, 2006 08:31PM

Acting (deciding or choosing) out of fear is not necessarily a bad thing, contratry to New Agers claims. In a Predator-Prey (win-loose) situation, acting out of fear (running away) is the right thing to do! Win-loose situations abound in life. This is why nature has evolved so as to provided each of us with a complex mind where feelings, reason and "instinct" must work together for survival. Blind trust in others is not an act of love, it's simply being naive and that can lead to your destruction.

The "choice vs deciding" exercise is to persuade participants that they should "choose" to register to the next class (without thinking), and the next, and the next .... as if any decision "not to" is a fear-based decision (thus a "racket"). Instead of "Vanilla-Chocolate", I would propose the "Predator-Prey" exercise where "fear" is a good, pure, basic and powerful feeling (instinc) that you should trust.

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: June 07, 2006 09:56PM

Again we agree.

Did you notice the last line of the article?

If you would like support in viewing a decision, give yourself the gift of time and make the "choice" to call the coach.
Of course, the author just happens to be a "coach."

Whether it is a simple article like this, a Forum weekend or a LGAT exercise, it ends with enrolling the student/inductee/prey into the grasp of the manipulator. That seems to me to be the true enrollment. As I said above, it serves their own purposes. The predator v prey construct is apt, as the manipulators are predators which have learned how to deconstruct and reframe the prey's defenses.

Be! Do! Be courageous! Just don't think!

These are the people that are becoming "life coaches" and spreading this stuff 1:1. The prey become transformed, and a whole new generation of "coaches" is born. A sharp, well-focused critical mind along with an outspoken voice is essential as never before.

-lightwolf

Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: June 07, 2006 10:33PM

nutrino
Time and time again, regardless of the board I'm reading, the discusion I'm having... it comes down to the same thing... they go in, hear a lot of remarkable sounding exposition, yet, on returning home, can't really say what it was all about, can't exactly remeber the point, except that it was so high energy, and deep, and we met all these great people, and everything, and the things they told us about... well, it's so.... you know...so... the distinctions are... so... so.... empowering and everything... like a beautiful sunset... only deeper and more purple....

It's almost like screwed up language is [i:b7f9ff77f3] deliberately there to induce confusion [/i:b7f9ff77f3], not to enlighten or educate... oh they wouldn't do that... that would be mean of them... and they're such nice people...
My god Nutrino, that just floored me. It's SO TRUE! The entire curriculum is like that! I was so engrossed and it all sounds so truly marvelous when I was in there, so simple and self-evident, but the second I tried to tell anyone about it outside, how it worked, I found myself stumbling over my own words. Oops, time for more coaching! I think I understand why the entire form is dictated to us from a folder... not even the forum leaders can remember this junk!

With the level of confusion that goes on in the forum, people easily begin to spot flaws in the logic when you start to juxtapose one distinction against another. Luckily there's the (completely arbitrary) 'keep distinctions distinct' distinction! I think I just spotted another trap in the tech ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.