FORMER IMPACT TRAINING UTAH ATTENDEES
Posted by: lovebug ()
Date: December 20, 2022 05:18AM

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend unfortunately has attended impact training up to the Summit level and I am already starting to see the negative impacts, (money, time away from work, money with flights and hotels). He told me he is planning on going for the third one which happens in about 3 weeks. I have been reading about how to talk to people who are being lured into these types of things. I would like to know from former IMPACTers, is there anything that would've lured you away from it? What can I do/talk to him about to help him see that this is just a money grab and very cult-ish? They teach them a lot about HEART and if I use the word think, he goes, "stop using your brain, use your heart", which I think is absolute nonsense. Unfortunately, we currently live in different states because I have school. His roommate is his "angel", so that makes this difficult because they will be together always. In a recent conversation, I asked him if he made any friends, and he told me that those are now his family, not just friends. I asked him if the instructors are licensed and he dilly-dallied around that question. I feel like he really thought about that one. What can I do to stop him from going for the next one without seeming like the bad guy? I am reading up on how to communicate with people experiencing this. I'll really appreciate any feedback.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FORMER IMPACT TRAINING UTAH ATTENDEES
Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: December 20, 2022 11:25PM

Hi Lovebug,

I don't know anything about Impact Training at all. However you could try researching Dr Janja Lalich's website

[cultresearch.org]

There are various podcasts Dr Janja Lalich speaks about cults, her experience and how to communicate with someone in a cult.

You can also contact her she may have heard of the group.

Wishing you the best on your research journey.

Wiser Aussie

Re: Impact Training Reviews
Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: December 21, 2022 12:30AM

Noted there are some negative reviews about Impact Training.

Posted by: Skipshot ()
Date: March 19, 2023 06:10AM

Yep, it’s definitely an LGAT and your suspicion is spot on. especially the non-licensed part. Avoid it. You may have lost your boyfriend, too, by now.

In short, they make promises to accelerate your life and bring greater happiness and satisfaction. They say they do not want the weak-minded or people who are in therapy already, but they want strong people who can take the rigorous training. That is a lie. They want the weak and vulnerable because it is easier to take their money.

They will fill your head with ideas that you are better than those who have not had the training. They will break up families and relationships using the same methods as a religious cult, and do it just for money and the satisfaction they receive in the power you give over yourself.

It is a cult. Don’t go.

Date: March 31, 2023 12:18AM

Hey, I actually did. Impact destroyed the relationship. We had a really good thing going. He became so mean and condescending, I started to pull away and couldn't take it anymore. We are still in contact, sometimes I wonder if/when he'll snap out of it. It's a strong thing, he's good with money but was so quick to give it to Impact. i know him and certain difficult things he's been through and see why Impact got to him. He has attended the first three till Lift off and I still pray for him to one day snap out of it. I wonder how long till someone starts to see through the b.s. It's truly scary the damage these people do. Thanks for replying!

Date: April 01, 2023 02:40AM

Let him go. If he is weak-minded enough to fall for this cult, then there is little you can do from a distance.

"Mean and condescending" is a result of the garbage now in his head because he his new group tells him he is better and wiser than those outside of it. Don't believe he knows a secret you don't, because what he has been taught can be found in any classical liberal arts education, but since he has been taught a couple tricks of the trade he now believes he is part of a select group which makes him feel superior to those who haven't had his "training." Education is meant to enlighten and strengthen, not to be used to belittle those who have not studied.

He may "snap out of it" someday, or tire of the group, but you are wise not to wait.

Date: April 01, 2023 04:55AM

I won't lie, I feel really bad. I may be the only person that knows for sure what happened. I know a lot of things about him and his past experiences, I know he felt certain ways about certain things. I once suggested therapy a while back before all this but with men, usually, topics like therapy are very touchy and I didn't want to push it. I'm now easing into a life without him as my partner, it's been hard but it gets better every day. It just baffles me that there are organizations allowed to do this to people in this country! I still have open means of communication with him just in case he snaps out of it because I'm more than likely the only person in his pre-Impact life who can tell him the bitter truth of what happened. He proceeded to "angel" another girl and after doing some digging, this person has serious problems of their own. I couldn't even feel angry. I read that they encourage relationships within Impact so I guess because I initially said I'd rather not, that meant I get booted out. I saw through the b.s on graduation and how culty it felt & sometimes I worry about the effects that the realization of how much time and money was wasted will have on his mental health. I didn't even go to Impact but I had to go to therapy because of the emotional toll it took on me!!!! Did you ever attend Impact? If so, what helped you leave? I worry that he may take longer since he has attended the first three.

Date: April 01, 2023 05:29AM

I did not attend Impact, but was caught up in a local-to-me LGAT through my wife, and that experience nearly sent me to therapy. My wife had a good experience but it was horrible for me, and, like you, we eventually saw through the manipulative b.s. and got out before it destroyed our marriage. I posted my experience in the thread, "LGAT in Concord California".

He has made up his mind between you and the cult and you feel bad for losing him, and your feeling is valid. I'm sorry the cult got between you and your boyfriend, and you are not alone to lose a loved one. I wish I had some healing words to ease your pain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.