Current Page: 3 of 7
Landmarkians attempting to reform Landmark...
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: May 23, 2006 01:02AM

It's worthwhile to keep in mind that in the end, the reform conversation is not about us, it's not about this group, and it's not about Landmark. It's about the people out there who will not have access to a life they love until a way is found to bring the conversation of transformation broadly into the mainstream. Having experienced and observed the power of this education as Landmark graduates, we know that Landmark has the goods. At the same time, we can identify systemic issues that unnecessarily result in graduates and prospective participants walking away with negative impressions of Landmark or otherwise losing access to transformation. It is a great loss for the global community if we do not reform what may work for many, but is insufficiently effective in positively reaching the mainstream.
i.e. We need to make the Kool-aid(tm) taste better.

What a whole (expletives deleted) knot of words that whole post is. This is communication? It actually hurts to read it! There are so many stones in the path of understanding it -- you really have to be entranced to stay with it. I can make more sense from a barfing dog!

What arrogance too! Only they can give me access to such wonderful stuff.

Thanks but no thanks. I have access to a life I love already.

-lightwolf

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 23, 2006 01:22AM

From Mr. New Consciousness:

From what I have read on their message boards, it is a breeding ground for hate of the unfamiliar, which is very simply rooted in fear.
[groups.yahoo.com]

I found this interesting because this is exactly what I hear from my Lekkie friend. I am intrigued by the gravity towards intolerant words such as "hate" and "fear." I have shown nothing but love towards my friend, but anyone who opposes her is full of hate and fear -- same words. The fact that the same words are used is interesting -- almost as if it were a script. :)

I don't fear Landmark or anything about it -- from an objective analysis and observation of its results -- graduates I know -- there simply is no part of it that I want in my life, just like there is no part of ebola that I want in my life. They don't want to "get" this, because the strawmen of hate and fear are much more convenient to their purposes of self-validation.

Or maybe I'm just:

. . . seeking validation for [my] own questionable views, for if can find others who believe as do, then it adds credibility to [my] belief, thereby making it a fact.
Wait, didn't we see that in a thread here too? :)

-lightwolf

Date: May 23, 2006 01:32AM

The love bombing dried up quickly for this person:

there isn't one particular way that Landmark grads are supposed to be. They don't have to be in seminars, they don't have to bring guests, there is no fixed way of being that is required to participate in transformation, and [b:5e986df1b1]nobody [/b:5e986df1b1]should get up on their high horse and look down their nose at anybody because their beliefs don't match up with what someone thinks is right or what somebody thinks Landmark teaches.
[groups.yahoo.com]

Interesting. Someone needs coaching! Note that same word -- hate appears.

I'd be interesting in hearing reactions to this from grads here.

-lightwolf

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: May 23, 2006 03:07AM

Alejandro "I have the equivalent to a dual degree in Philosophy" Reyes gives us a piece of his mind (why do ESTmark gerbils always seem to need to reinforce their credentials with PhD or references to their academic attainments... as if this [i:3008ac88e1] confers [/i:3008ac88e1] a higher order of validity to their "story"... ahem... ):

Alejandro informs us that :

"It's amazing the clarity that people seem to
have in hindsight, because they were not truly present to what's so in
the moment that "what's so" was happening. Those initial thoughts of
doubt and cynical suspicion find vocal expression as strong opposition
to something they never really took the time to research. There is
little to no inquiry, but instead a great deal of baseless
assumptions."

Well, Mr. Equivalent Of A Dual Degee In Philosophy and Equivalent Of Who Knows What Else.... yeah, I "took the time to research", I attended, and attended, and attended... all the side seminars too...

Alejandro is [i:3008ac88e1] projecting [/i:3008ac88e1] his baseless assumption that we are making baseless [i:3008ac88e1] assumptions [/i:3008ac88e1] , when in fact these refutory positions we hold are a direct consequence of direct, personal, engaged experience with the organization.

But, nice to know somebody cares. Luv U babe.

Date: May 23, 2006 03:15AM

Owwwww! My aching head!!!...

"I have experienced being made wrong and not even for being a critic, [b:e387a62af4]but for communicating that I don't get a basic tenet. [/b:e387a62af4] That's what started the whole trouble in my seminar that I got kicked out of! At session #2, the concept of 100%/0 was introduced. Now I totally get this model for relationships we are already in, but for a new relationship, it seems like a disaster (I am 100% responsible for the relationship, they are 0 percent?????) And I never said it was wrong or I didn't agree with it (which is what I was accused of)...I said I DO do my relationships 100%/0 and that it hasn't worked for me - I was in the seminar for support in NOT being in completely inauthentic relationships and my question about the model of 100%/0 was "if I am taking 100% responsibility for the relationship, what would inform me that the other relationship was not going in a good direction?"

For the life of me, I cannot perceive how you [i:e387a62af4] could [/i:e387a62af4] have a relationship while talking like a Phenomenology textbook... too abnormal by far...

Date: May 23, 2006 03:45AM

nutrino
For the life of me, I cannot perceive how you [i:fe4af95701] could [/i:fe4af95701] have a relationship while talking like a Phenomenology textbook... too abnormal by far...

You can't, except with another such babble-head. Thus the source for many a thread here.

-lightwolf

Date: May 23, 2006 04:25AM

It is fairly axiomatic that [b:7290bc1778] linguistic rigidty [/b:7290bc1778] is the external symptom of [b:7290bc1778] cognitive rigidity [/b:7290bc1778] which is the result of [b:7290bc1778] institutional calcification [/b:7290bc1778] ... IMHO (and who knows, Siegmund Freud might even agree with me) ESTmark's language (both the words they use and the way they physically speak them... their.... [b:7290bc1778] utteranceness [/b:7290bc1778] ) is a from of displaced masturbation .... Freud often wrote of the redeployment of libidinal energies into other frames of life, which then became charged, or "cathected" with the libidinal force... IME, it feels like they are engaging in a redirected masturbation consciousness which is ejaculated in language... there is this gradual rythmic build up and then a great realease of a torrent of "fertilizing" concepts.... in a [b:7290bc1778] psychoanalytic sense, they are masturbation addicts. [/b:7290bc1778] Cathexis never left ... it was only on vacation until the Freudians returned.

Posted by: Alex_Rush ()
Date: May 24, 2006 04:16AM

Nettie seems to get what it's about (how to comunicate with believers?). Has Nettie signed the reform petition?

It's easy to criticize. Constructive comments?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 24, 2006 08:16AM

Alex_Rush
Nettie seems to get what it's about (how to comunicate with believers?). Has Nettie signed the reform petition?

It's easy to criticize. Constructive comments?

Thanks for including a translation. Otherwise nobody much would know whatever it was you were talking about. It's got to be hard, double the work, to first translate your thought into Landmarkspeak and then second, retranslate it back so that you and your audience will understand. Ever seen any of those humor sites where an ordinary phrase is translated into another language and then translated back into the original one? You'd get my picture.

Constructive comments?

Run, run, run. As fast and as far away as you can from the Landmark mind/soul rape. A newer, "reformed," and slicker Landmark is still Landmark - a scourge on the culture. Besides, Werner would never allow that. Don't you know they are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out a way to ~handle~ (that's scientologese - in ordinary English it might be "contain," "neutralize," or "do damage control") the chatter that goes on on the internet and little groups like the "reform" group?

Ellen

Posted by: Alex_Rush ()
Date: May 24, 2006 08:32AM

Running and repeating vapid criticisms achieves nothing.

Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.