Fake Marketing Jobs and LGATs
Posted by: StopLGATs ()
Date: July 23, 2020 09:30PM

This is an interesting article about pyramid selling schemes advertised as marketing jobs and targeted at students with no experience needed.

I'm intrigued to see that these still exist because I myself had interviewed for these types of jobs on a number of occasions when I was a student. They always seem to have an air of credibility in the advert. Infact the last one was selling discounted domestic gas billing on behalf of a small but resonably well known energy company - which I didn't suss out until I arrived at the (barely furnished) cheap office unit I'd been to the summer before.

[epigram.org.uk]

What struck me at the time (and again reading the article) is the seemingly odd attitudes of the people invlolved in these - that long hours door to door commission based selling is the most fun that anyone could possibly have and why would anyone not want to do it until 9pm 7 days a week. Personally I wanted an hourly rate so I walked away.

Of course you don't find out that's what the "job" involves until you go along to the introduction / work trial day. Then you meet the converts who are "guaranteed" huge financial success from it one day.

I'm posting in this section because the other thing that (screaming out) reminded me most of these "jobs" and they way they're set up was when I first heard about the Landmark Forum. Same ambiguity about what goes on, same approach to using vague language, same over-enthusiastic evangelists. What was apparent was that their entire lifestyle and social circle was built into this "career". I'm only now (literally as I type) realsing how cultish it was.

So much so I'm wondering if these sales oganisations have any connection to Erhard and his work.

Unfortunately I don't have the time but it would be fascinting to investigate deeper into the structure and interconnections of these organisations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fake Marketing Jobs and LGATs
Posted by: Ajay ()
Date: July 29, 2020 07:11AM

This is exactly what they are, landmark has thousands of participants ( not graduates, as graduates move on after completing a course) that run scams like this a lot are in training programs or sales who’s whole networking strategy is what can you do for me, how much can I get out of you for free, these people thrive in marketing at reward for sacrifice psychology, if you are not rewarded enough it’s because you haven’t sacrificed enough .they also use nlp tactics mastering just under the radar suggestive manipulation.. look up nlp and u will recognise how they were trying to dupe u

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.