Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
How did you get out?
Posted by: estie ()
Date: June 29, 2006 05:42AM

Nutrino,

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think I'm an enemy.

Some of yours think you're funny, though. :lol:

I'd appreciate your input on the draft ethics and standards for the human potential industry.

estie

Options: ReplyQuote
How did you get out?
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: June 29, 2006 11:28PM

ummm... no it wasn't intended that way... I only meant in general... as for reforming the human potential industry.... don't see it coming from a document.. the only thing that can take the kinks out of the New Age run amok is collective awareness... you have to see that the large culture has it's own emotional deficiency diseases... alienation, anomie, mindless materialism... and the New Age adventures present themselves as the fix for these deficiencies... although they may be false cures or suffer their own deficiency syndromes, they will have a magnetic attraction for those desperately in search of meaning. And there will always and forever be pseudo-prophets who busily hawk their emotional vitamin syrups...

How did you get out?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 30, 2006 01:12AM

I agree with Nutrino ~and~ I think that regulation is in order. As I heard Martin Luther King, Jr. say (on a tape):

Even though morality cannot be legislated, behavior can be regulated. You see, the law may not make a man love me, religion and education must do that, but it can keep him from lynching me and I think that's pretty important also.

How did you get out?
Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: June 30, 2006 01:25AM

In reference to an article in the American Journal of Bioethics, this excerpt says what I think:

There are many great articles, including one by Richard Glen Boire that argues that the Fourth Amendment ought to protect the insides of our heads as much as the insides of our homes.

From www.cognitiveliberty.org

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.