IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:06AM

My name is exImpact, and I am a brainwashed, love-bombing, desperate, Berger-blinded, super-sheep of light! :mrgreen: Thanks for posting spiritual?.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:51PM

spiritual?
I don't know if it really has an effect at all, but I pray in the form of hope...yes, that big impact no no.

Hi spiritual...

Your post was interesting... thanks for sharing. One particular comment caught my attention, and that is regarding hope when you say hope is a 'big impact no no'. I'm curious - is there something specifically taught in Impact Trainings that downplays hope? If so, how is explained, conveyed, etc?

I'm guessing exImpact and formergrad may have input on this as well?

Thanks.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Whoa ()
Date: May 24, 2007 12:04AM

I have read every page and post in this thread...and it has confirmed my gut feeling about Impact. I'm leary to post my situation due to the one post about how Impact had this very thread on their board....so they must monitor things...good grief. Does anyone have any advice in how to go about getting someone to see the truth about Impact that is involved in it? The person in my life thinks they have made a profound change, but everyone close to this person is shaking their heads. This person has even stated to me they would not benefit being in a relationship with someone that has not gone through the trainings. :shock: The 'family' has become first priority, and the ones that have stood by this person showing actual unconditional love are being shut out. I'm at the point of tossing my hands up in the air and awknowledge defeat, right now this person is completely un-reachable by anyone outside the 'family'. Suggestions?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: May 24, 2007 06:18AM

"There is no hope." This is an axiom of at least Quest. It ranks with "Understand" being the booby prize of the universe, quoting Werner Erhard of course. I think (feel) that these are evidence of the undervaluing of rational thinking. What say others?

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: May 24, 2007 08:33AM

LGAT's are very correct in this one aspect. We all are at choice.

When someone is choosing to embrace LGAT's philosphy such as this person.

Unfortunately all the LGAT is tapping into a mindset that was pre-existing in this person and was just nourished into bloom by the LGAT training.

Narcissism, humanism, and hedonism.

Unfortunately this exist in us all to one degree or another.

This is what got me sucked into my 2 year stent with Klemmer & Associates seminars that are similar to Impact training.

Now I am confronting these philosphies within myself as I am working with a professional counselor to sort out the mess of this mindset affect upon my life.

One huge crater of destruction is left from the atom bomb explosion of Klemmers influence upon my life.

Unfortunately, I chose to let Klemmer influence me so.

So, its shame on me.

This person is no different. You will not be able to get them to see anything as they are trying to create a short cut to life with this approach.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: May 24, 2007 08:45AM

Madshus,

Whenever a trainee uses the word "Hope" in the Quest, Summit and Lift-Off Trainings they are chewed out for "hoping" instead of acting to make a difference. The obvious problem with negative situations is not "hope" but rather the failure to act. It’s kind of funny that Impact spends so much time hammering people on hope when the real problem is lack of action. "Hope" is obviously a good thing, why would someone take action to change a situation if they didn't have any hope that they could make a difference? Anyway, that's the story of "hope" in the Impact Trainings.

Whoa,

I can understand your hesitancy to tell us much about your current situation. A lot of people associated with the Impact Trainings give the trainers and staff way too much credit. They are good at mental conditioning but they are not, on the whole, terribly intelligent or powerful. I have posted on this site and others on numerous occasions and so far I have had the Impact Trainings threaten to sue and reveal personal information about me twice. In both instances the person revealed a name, social security number, address and phone number for someone that I have never heard of. They like to threaten and puff out their chests but they tend to fire blindly into the dark in accordance with their belief that they are clairvoyant and all-knowing.

As far as your loved one is concerned I can only offer the following suggestions and information regarding the conditioning that takes place:

1. The mental conditioning tends to work as long as the person has frequent contact with the trainers, staff or others associated with the training. As a result, the first step in prying someone's head out of their rectum is to keep them as far away from the training as possible.

2. There is a logical disconnect when the training teaches unconditional love and acceptance, and then creates an environment where trainees are unable to function in a loving relationship with someone who has not taken the training. This very occurrence implies a conditional love.

3. The mental conditioning is designed to prevent rational and clear thought. Trainees are taught from the very beginning that their mind is their greatest enemy and that "understanding is the booby prize of life". As a result, a person who is involved in the trainings cannot be expected to operate rationally. On the contrary, you can always expect them to operate irrationally. I once heard someone refer to their mind as The Terminator.

I would do what ever it takes to keep your loved one from having contact with the trainers, staff or "their buddies". If you attack Impact's beliefs directly your loved one will likely see it as a challenge meant to test their resolve, so indirect methods of separation tend to be more effective.

I guess I'll finish by asking that you provide details about your experience with the training. This thread will be more credible if we have more posts from people who have direct experience with the group. It is easy to dismiss one or two people...

IMPACT Trainings
Date: May 24, 2007 09:21AM

Madshus
I'm curious - is there something specifically taught in Impact Trainings that downplays hope? If so, how is explained, conveyed, etc?
Semantics. As formerimpG stated, in Quest, the trainer will cue up a lecture that illustrates that no one in the training room has what they are hoping for in life, so hope doesn’t get you what you want, but it is also another way they coach language to enforce conditioning.
Whoa
This person has even stated to me they would not benefit being in a relationship with someone that has not gone through the trainings. :shock: The 'family' has become first priority, and the ones that have stood by this person showing actual unconditional love are being shut out. I'm at the point of tossing my hands up in the air and acknowledge defeat, right now this person is completely un-reachable by anyone outside the 'family'. Suggestions?
I disagree with some of what Rswinters posted concerning your question Whoa, since I am living proof of someone who got out because those who cared about me never gave up on me. I also disagree with it entirely the fault of the trainee for their “choices”. Many trainees are no more accountable for their brainwashing that a girl is accountable for her rape simply because she walked down the dark alley. I cringe at stating ANY situation as emotionally and rationally touchy as this problem is with snap judgments or in absolute terms. Rswinters, as you said, shame on you and me, BUT much [i:8819146946]much[/i:8819146946] MUCH [i:8819146946][b:8819146946]MUCH[/b:8819146946][/i:8819146946] more shame on Klemmer and Impact. Don’t be so hard on yourself. We are all victims to some degree, some more than others. There are many examples of victims in the world; thusly I do not agree that LGAT’s are right in their black and white accountability theory at all. I have expounded on this idea at length in a previous post on this thread. That being said, I will not understate the difficulty of “rescuing” someone from the clutches of Impact.

As I have said before (or something like this) the crux of the problem ultimately lies upon the shoulders of the trainee/grad, but not wholly. They must be willing to engage in dialogue, although at first all they are doing is talking to you about it in hopes that you will come around and see the Impact vision. You inevitably will come to ask a question of yourself, “Is this person/relationship worth the effort?”, because you may have to pound your head bloody just to get them to give a little tiny teensy weensy bit of ground. And you may not. It all depends on who they are and how deep they go down the rabbit hole. The bitch is in the details (your friend’s background, temperament, religious affiliation/convictions etc.), and they are necessary to start a profile so that a plan of action can be implemented. Unfortunately it is hard to give details that will not give away identities. I suggest well phrased lies that will successfully address the issues without giving away who they are. I will help as much as I can, if you want to PM me, feel free. As far as addressing their new "family", I've posted about this before, but I can't remember exactly what I said. It is the hurdle you must jump in order for you to get in. It is Impacts most insidious weapon.

I agree with most of what formerimpG has suggested. I do think that the very notion of “unconditional love” is problematic. Try and get away from any condition for a reason to do anything. Just try.

Also, the TERMINATOR formerimpG?!? ROTFLMAO, I know who said that!!! Oh man that’s FUNNY! He was, uh…”not right in the head” as it were.:lol:

IMPACT Trainings
Date: May 24, 2007 09:35AM

Whoa
I have read every page and post in this thread...and it has confirmed my gut feeling about Impact. I'm leary to post my situation due to the one post about how Impact had this very thread on their board....so they must monitor things...good grief.
To this I say PSHAW! FAH and LADIDAH! It doesn’t matter if they watch these posts, be not afraid. The worst thing that could happen is that they kick your friend out of the trainings if they find out who…wait a minute. That may not be a bad thing. It’s happened before. It may not help your relationship with them, but they might catch hell for it and get the boot and be flushed back into reality once again. Although Impact may see that others see them as bastards for doing so and they may choose the “walk the higher path” strategy they are so fond of and decide to keep them in…hmmm.

p.s. please forgive the typos in my last post. I write fast when I’m excited and I can’t afford to hire a proofreader.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Whoa ()
Date: May 24, 2007 12:47PM

Thanks for the responses!

ExImpact, I would love to PM you, but when I try it says that I have to have 10 posts first, lol

Well, it looks like my brainwashed love has completely shut me out. I'm at a loss here. I'm of mind, that my parents taught me when I was in evil mode long ago, that when you care about someone you dont give up on them. But, if you are shut out, what exactly can you do? I swear, this is like cruel and unusual punishment. I'm not going to play poor pitiful me, I'm just wondering WHY this group promotes this behavior???? It seems the happier I am, the more I smile, the more this person wants away from me. So, either this is a group thing, or it's an act. All I know is, I dont even know this person anymore.

So, Ex: what do you suggest? You said you are living proof of someone who got out because those who cared about you never gave up. Is that something you can elaborate on? How were you 'de-programmed'?

This whole Impact thing has got my guts in knots. And as for pounding my head bloody, believe me, I've done so already. "Is this person/relationship worth the effort?" I believe so with every part of me.

Background with well phrased lies that will successfully address the issues without giving away who they are, hmmm...I'll have to think on that and see what I can come up with to post.

IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: May 24, 2007 01:12PM

ExImpact. Thanks for your response.

Please don't hear me trying to not hold LGAT's accountable here.

Read the rest of my posts that I have made on other threads and you will see very clearly how we are in agreement here.

I am with you on desiring to see these LGAT's shut down, and scurged from the face of the earth.

That came out pretty harsh didn't it? You bet it did.

The destruction that is a direct result of the messed up philosphies that Klemmer & Associates and other LGAT's are delivering are destroying society by creating boundary busting, refusing to accept emotional limits people blame those who do not think the same as themselves.

Only its done with stating how they don't want negative to be around them and destroy relationships that don't agree with them.

That is one way to be right, and be slimy about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.