Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: mbartz462 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 05:53AM

Hello all. I "graduated" from Quest training this year. I had a few very strange things that happened to me during the last day of Quest. After day 3 I admit that I felt great, I was on cloud 9. However, the next day I began to have very serious doubts about all that I had learned the previous 3 days. I felt depressed, almost drained. I attributed it to the amount of emotional and mental strain that were placed on me during the training to that point. At the end of this last day Hans came in and began giving his speech. All I really remember is feeling almost physically ill listening to him talk, especially his very suspicious story about him and Werner von Braun, the famous German rocket scientist. I am very good at reading people and his aura was almost one of pure evil, almost demon-like. It was very disturbing to me.

Before our ridiculous "graduation" ceremony they brought the current Lift Off class into our room and we all began singing and people were giving each other the 4 finger salute. I became even more uncomfortable during this because it began to feel like a religous experience more than anything else. I was trying very hard not to laugh during this part, especially the 4 finger salute that the Lift Off class and our class were giving to each other. Despite all this, I did sign up for the next Summit training class. I was willing to keep going to see if it would finally "click" for me.

During our graduation ceremony, which is utterly worthless and is really nothing more than a "show" in order to recruit others into taking Impact training, I felt down and depressed. I felt that I had wasted my time and did not get what others in my class had gotten out of the training. Now, looking back, I feel that I had begun to see Impact for what it is, a brainwashing cult only out to collect money from people. I faked happiness for myself but I was very happy to see my classmates' happiness.

When I returned home from Quest (I do not live in Utah) my friends and family noticed that I was very withdrawn and depressed. I was actually very happy and upbeat before Quest, and came back completely opposite. I was sullen and angry. Impact began almost harassing me after I returned home, calling every couple of days to "check in on me" but really just making sure that I was still going to attend Summit. I began to have serious doubts about Impact but I was willing to give Summit a chance.

The night before I was going to leave for Summit I had trouble sleeping. Sometime in the morning my phone went off, alerting me that I had an email message. I woke up and looked at the time on the phone. It was 5:30. I was supposed to get up at 3:45 in order to leave by 4:15. I jumped out of bed and checked to see why my alarm had not gone off. Somehow during the night the actual time on my clock had gotten changed by over 2 hours which is why the alarm hadn't gone off yet. I am still creeped out by this, because I know that the time was set right when I went to bed. I have no idea how this happened. I did the math in my head and realized that I would not make it to SLC before Summit began. When I realized this a wave of relief washed over me. I felt energized and recharged, like I had survived something bad.

My "buddy" that I had picked during Quest called me during the morning to make sure that I was going to be at Summit. I told him that I was not going to make it and that's when the brainwashing portion of Impact reared its ugly head. He began pleading and crying with me to go, saying that he would drive to where I live and get me and force me to go to Summit (I live 5 hours away). I had a hard time even trying to make my point that I was not going to go. I ended up hanging up the phone. During the next hour I was bombarded with phone calls from my "buddy" and another member of my class. I had to sort through numerous voicemails that did nothing more than scare me about the mental state of my classmates.

When the Impact center opened at 9:00 I called and Pamela answered the phone. When I explained what happened and why I was not going she began verbally abusing me, telling me that I was doing what I had always done and it was my fault that my alarm clock time got changed. It did nothing more than cement my rising hatred of Impact and everything it stands for. She went on verbally berating me until I told her that I was not coming. She hung up on me, which I thought was very mature for an "enlightened" person such as herself. About 10 minutes later she called back and told me that they would allow me to still come to training if I left for SLC immediately. I told her that I was not going, that I had made my mind up and the verbal abuse began again. She told me that I was working out of my ego mind and I was wrong and I would have a horrible life if I didn't come to Summit. I am moving back to my home state in a month and I told her that due to that I would not enter another class at Impact. She told me that I didn't need to move until I came through more of their training. I politely told her to shove it up her ass and hung up. I called later to get a refund which was again an exercise in patience. Everyone they sent me to talk to tried to talk me into coming to the next Summit and kept asking why I changed my mind. It was very hard to remain remotely calm during this time.

I will NEVER recommend Impact training to any of my family or friends. I feel that it is a cult and Hans, Sally, and the rest of the staff are evil people who are only out to make money and they ruin lives because of this. Now that I am away from Impact I feel happy and upbeat again. I realize that now, and I am glad that I did not continue with Impact training. I feel sorry for and worry about my classmates from Quest that are now in Summit. I pray for their mental health. I can only pray for Hans and his cronies to be exposed and shut down. I feel such contempt for them, they are scum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:54PM

Hi mbartz, welcome to the thread. Apparently the individuals that run Impact haven't become any more ethical or enlightened since I knew them. Its a shame but unfortunately predictable.

Posted by: blackdove1 ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:13AM

I am so sorry to hear that you were treated so badly. My sister is involved in impact and it is a scary thing. Can you tell me what the 4444 thing means? And why do they say that they deserve things?

Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:53PM

They have a rating system that is supposed to be a metaphor for the level of your relationships. 4 is a hug, 3 is a handshake, 2 you look into each others eyes, and 1 you ignore them. They do a process in quest where there are two circles. The inside people face towards the outside people. You rate the person in front of you and then you do the action signified by the lowest rating. Then you rotate and start the process over again. Eventually everyone gives all 4's so it turns into a big hug fest.

They say they deserve things because no one wants to be "needy". Supposedly when you say you need something it is a sign of dependence on that thing and is also considered a weakness. Along with that it gives the impression that you are not capable of getting it yourself. However, if you "deserve" something then you are empowered to get it because you deserve it.

In reality it's all just a part of group dynamics. By sharing a common language (in this case, the language of increase) you feel more at one with the group and more dependent on them because they become the only ones that "get" you.

Date: October 31, 2010 12:25PM

My Quest comrades are beginning Lift-Off soon and I am constantly getting emails or texts saying that they "deserve" to go to Lift-Off and asking people for money to pay their tuition. I find it rather humorous that they say they "deserve" something because it means that they are not "needy", but they still ask for money to pay their way through Lift-Off...that seems a bit needy to me.

I also talked to one of my Quest classmates that attended Summit. She told me that she decided that she did not need to go to Lift-Off, and that's when the harrassment started. She said that the Impact staff began calling her every two days to try to persuade her to come to Lift-Off. She stated that they began to put her down and tell her that she would suffer in life if she didn't continue on in her Impact training. I'm so thankful that I did not drink the Kool-Aid that they give out at Impact.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: November 01, 2010 02:53AM

The LDS First Presidency letter, dated October 13, 2010, once again gives warning against "self-awareness groups." There is one new sentence in the letter, in the on going series over the past two decades. This new sentence says it all; "We warn that these programs are not in harmony with Church doctrine or gospel principles."

This clear and concise statement is sure to have an impact on Impact. Let the Impact apologists chew on that!

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: November 01, 2010 09:27PM

mbartz462
My Quest comrades are beginning Lift-Off soon and I am constantly getting emails or texts saying that they "deserve" to go to Lift-Off and asking people for money to pay their tuition. I find it rather humorous that they say they "deserve" something because it means that they are not "needy", but they still ask for money to pay their way through Lift-Off...that seems a bit needy to me.

I also talked to one of my Quest classmates that attended Summit. She told me that she decided that she did not need to go to Lift-Off, and that's when the harrassment started. She said that the Impact staff began calling her every two days to try to persuade her to come to Lift-Off. She stated that they began to put her down and tell her that she would suffer in life if she didn't continue on in her Impact training. I'm so thankful that I did not drink the Kool-Aid that they give out at Impact.

Seems like you dodged a bullet.

A couple of years ago I actually saw Impacters panhandling outside of the Southtowne Mall. They were wandering into the street during red lights and waving signs that said "Creating funds for the Impact Trainings". Thankfully their jars looked empty when I passed by.

Date: November 01, 2010 09:57PM

Talked to my friend from Quest again last night and she told me that Impact even called her angel and tried to strongarm her into persuading her to go to Lift-Off. Wow.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: November 04, 2010 02:53AM

Mbartz462,

>>Talked to my friend from Quest again<<

I am sure there will be others who will drop out of Lift-Off, sick of the pressure to recruit, and who begin to see the money scam run by these con artists a long history of unpaid bills, bounced checks, unpaid employees (I'll bet Ward doesn't get his Christmas check again -- Hans loves to laugh behind his back about that kind of "loyalty test"), and outright fraud in how they deal with others.

Hans' story is of course absurd. Years ago I spoke with someone who was at Hans' wedding to his first wife (the one before Sally, although there may have been more than one), who met other members of his family, and they laughed out loud when they heard the version of his story about "escaping" to East Germany, or working as a debriefer for the US Army/CIA/whatever, or being "enslaved" by a yacht salesman in SLC, or meeting Werner Von Bran -- all crazy, perhaps even deluded, lies. About what you'd expect from someone who claims to be second in line after Jesus Christ (and ahead of Joseph Smith) in the preexistence.

My advice -- do what you can to stop your former classmates from becoming zombie recruiters for Impact, and you will store up real treasures in Heaven.

-- Ed

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:24AM

[www.ldschurchnews.com]

In a letter dated Oct. 13, the First Presidency wrote:

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

We have repeatedly warned of the risks inherent in participating in so-called "self-awareness" groups sponsored by commercial enterprises that promise heightened self-esteem, improved family relationships, and increased spirituality. It has come to our attention that some of these enterprises continue to express or imply Church endorsement, thereby attracting members of the Church to their programs.
The Church has not endorsed any such enterprise. We warn that these programs are not in harmony with Church doctrine or gospel principles. Church members should not participate in groups that:

1. Challenge religious and moral values. (There is NO right and wrong, there's only what's "working" and not "working." There is no Hope. So you would rather be "right" (moral) than "happy?" "Is that what you're telling me??")

2. Advocate confrontation with spouse or family members as a means of reaching one's potential. (Tear off your mask. It's time to get Honest and be Open. What's holding you back from sharing what's really there for you!!!)

3. Imitate sacred rites or ceremonies. (Mary washed Christ's feet with her hair and her tears -- now it's your turn . . .)

4. Foster physical contact among participants. (Voting 4, the "Tunnel of Love," Trust falls, pulling and pushing others over the wall, "Service is the "highest form of love" -- the groping that goes on after ropes day . . .)

5. Meet late into the evening or in the early-morning hours. (Is anything at Impact ever over before midnight???)

6. Encourage open confession or disclosure of personal information normally discussed only in confidential settings. (Encourage this? no. Demand it as required to stay in the course -- yes!)

7. Cause a husband or wife to be paired with other partners. (Do not sit next to anyone you knew prior to coming into this training . . .)

Once again, we counsel members against participating in such "self-awareness" activities. (I'd rather follow 10,000 hours of this counsel, than one minute of Hans' advice).

Signed by the First Presidency:

Thomas S. Monson
Henry B. Eyring
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.