Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:34AM

Mother of Impactees

1. Challenge religious and moral values or advocate unwarranted confrontation with spouse or family members as a means of reaching one's potential.

Both of my adult children who have attended these seminars have engaged me in what I would easily consider "unwarranted confrontation" as a direct result in their participation in the Impact Training Seminars. I have had lengthy conversations with both of my kids regarding negative memories that re-surfaced as a result of their training, whether real or imaginary. My adorable mid 20's age son, with whom I have always had a very loving relationship, accused me of spanking him at an early age, and he claimed he remembered the spankings as part of his Impact Trainings. I NEVER in my life laid a hand on my son, but now he claims that he remembers me spanking him.

Mother of Impactees,

I have to admit, your description of this event made my heart sink in my chest because it is strikingly similar to something that I observed with a family involved in Impact at the same time that I was there. I forgot the specific name of the family but the mother's name was Debbie and she began attending sessions with a TIT3 "power coach" (Kimille Levelle) at the recommendation of the staff at Impact and through "meditation and reflection" she "remembered" that her father had sexually abused her repeatedly throughout her entire life but she had repressed each incident (she claimed that there were hundreds) until her trainings allowed her to deal with the "memories". She claimed that she was molested in LDS temples, churches and other extremely unlikely places. Soon after Debbie's "memories" began resurfacing she started taking her children to see the TIT3 power coach and they started to experience "repressed memories" about their grandfather as well.

During this time I was hearing about how incredibly "healing" the sessions with the power coach could be so I scheduled an appointment and went on my own. In my first, and only, visit with Kimille she immediately asked me (unprovoked) if I had been molested by my father. When I said no she began to argue with me and insist that I exhibited all the signs of a molestation victim with repressed memories. Kimille stated that she had been "calling forth" a lot of repressed memory victims recently which would seem to imply that she used the same tactics on others (including Debbie's family) that she was using on me. When I continued to insist that nothing remotely close to that had ever occured she asked me to close my eyes and she took me through a visualization where my father supposedly tried to kill me as a child (I was holding an e-meter throughout the entire process). I left afterward and never returned convinced that any "memories" uncovered by Kimille were nothing more than the power of suggestion applied to willing (and gullible) subjects.

I spoke to Hans and Sally about my experience at one point and was chastened for getting in the way of other peoples' "breakthroughs".

I have to wonder what was said to your son to make him "remember" the experience he told you about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: October 06, 2009 11:14AM

Another axiom of Quest, beyond "Don't be late!" is that EVERYBODY has deep dark secrets, horror stories from their past, abuse victimization, etc. that Quest will deal with. It is like firefighters that commit arson to justify their dark purposes. Quest and later phases of Impact Trainings just don't allow for the fact that many trainees had wonderful childhoods and that not every body needs their so called walls penetrated with Impact methods. formerimpactgrad and Mother of Impactees are above illustrating the faithless, disloyal and perfidious TREACHERY of Impact Trainings. Good posts. Rational people can judge for themselves; that is, unless they buy into the additional perfidious Impact axiom to "be not judgemental." There is right, and there is wrong, Impact Trainings not withstanding.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: October 13, 2009 07:49PM

former:

Ugh, Kimille...I knew I picked the wrong time to check up on things here. Thanks for the memories.

Anyhoo, I too remember that debacle. Wasn't Debbie one of the two or three women that had simultaneous affairs with that lawyer staffmember named...Doug (I think)? I heard they got married, but Doug was married too I think.

Also, MOI: I LOLD at your description of Steve Christensen over the phone. He is one of those guys that is so convinced of his own divine, innocent purity that he is absolutely oblivious to the fact he is an utter dou**e bag, a**hole. I'm sorry you had to cross paths. Of course I could say that of Ward and Hans and Sally and Pamela et. al.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 07:50PM by exImpact.

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:38AM

exImpact
former:

Ugh, Kimille...I knew I picked the wrong time to check up on things here. Thanks for the memories.

Anyhoo, I too remember that debacle. Wasn't Debbie one of the two or three women that had simultaneous affairs with that lawyer staffmember named...Doug (I think)? I heard they got married, but Doug was married too I think.

Also, MOI: I LOLD at your description of Steve Christensen over the phone. He is one of those guys that is so convinced of his own divine, innocent purity that he is absolutely oblivious to the fact he is an utter dou**e bag, a**hole. I'm sorry you had to cross paths. Of course I could say that of Ward and Hans and Sally and Pamela et. al.

Hi Ex,

I heard a rumor that Doug was also having an affair with a third person but I was unable to confirm it with anyone who's opinion I would consider trustworthy. I do know that Doug was having an affair with Debbie (this was confirmed to me by Debbie herself) and yes, he was married to another TIT3 staffer named Judy.

Posted by: jeeperscreepers ()
Date: October 31, 2009 09:20PM

It has been a while since I have been here. It seems like the pattern of people sharing here who have brushed up against, been nicked by, or been sucked dry by these vampires hans, sally, pamela, et al. goes in spurts. When i left the training, i was told "you have dark energy," and was kicked out. This was after i requested to talk with hans for a moment before a level III meeting. At the time i was so devastated, because i gave my life to these people the same way i gave it to a religion that i have also since left. I left sobbing. Months before this incident i had confided in sally that i felt this maybe wasn't the place for me, and the issue wouldn't go away. I still experience triggers. I remember using their cd's to chant on about the violet flame and all its magic to save this planet and make things more livable. i have a palpable, although plausibly irrational fear, that the people in charge blast us with the violet flame so that we will be silent and not continue discussing our so called "bad" experiences with these histrionic blood suckers. I could be paranoid because they are probably searching their crystals and third eyes right now to annihilate whoever it is that could be writing such lies.
Then I remind myself, how many people really are still involved with them since when they begun proselytizing their bastardized new-agish and paganistic practices?
They don't admit it, but people slip away all the time.
Most trainees move on after their ability to spout their agenda and add enrollees have been thoroughly exhausted.
Also, they may be kicked out by subtle and not so subtle means if they don't lavish on enough praises, or if they question the trainers, or if they bring their doubts forward.

The founders of Impact are laden with hidden agendas. They may be so delusional that in fact they believe everything themselves. Sally, Pamela, and Hans et al. lead people astray by making them believe that those "truths" were their sacrosanct property. If so, why did I pay over 7000 dollars to get that knowledge? Spiritual witnessing is FREE. Pamela, Sally, and Hans et al. are masters alright; Masters of Denial and Deceipt.
If any of you are reading this, i am glad. You don't like critiicism, scrutiny, or any honest effort by anyone to gather more information about your methods that you claim adds years and cheers to one's life. At best, your methods add layers of delusion to already vulnerable prey who have not learned enough about thinking critically to stop the onslaught of seducing cacophony when it begins.

Those that may be researching this organization for the first time: RUN, don't walk to the nearest exit away from this training. If you loose a friend, than that was not a good friend to begin with.

And to those in the training, if you are sick and tired of being trained to "come," and "heel" to their every command, OR
if you think there is more to life then being a bliss bunny, then

i recommend the following links and book list as a way to understand the process of cultthink and as a means to begin to deprogram yourselves:

you tube

Lifton's 8 criteria of mind control

impact IS a spin-off of lifespring

psychological issues

Leaving a cult

BOOKS:
Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan
Breaking the Bonds: Empowering People to Think For Themselves by Steven Hassan
Cults in Our Midst by Margaret Singer
Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships by Janja Lalich and Madeline Tobias
In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People by George K Simon, Jr, PhD

Disclaimer regarding Steve Hassan

The Ross Institute of New Jersey/May 2013

See [www.culteducation.com]

The inclusion of news articles within the Ross Institute of New Jersey (RI) archives, which mention and/or quote Steven Hassan, in no way suggests that RI recommends Mr. Hassan or recognizes him in any way.

News articles that mention Steve Hassan have been archived for historical purposes only due to the information they contain about controversial groups, movements and/or leaders.

RI does not recommend Steven Hassan.

RI has received serious complaints about Steve Hassan concerning his fees. Mr. Hassan does not publicly disclose his fee schedule, but according to complaints Steve Hassan has charged fees varying from $250.00 per hour or $2,500.00 per day to $500.00 per hour or $5,000.00 per day. This does not include Mr. Hassan's expenses, which according to complaints can be quite substantial.

Steven Hassan has charged families tens of thousands of dollars and provided questionable results. One recent complaint cited total fees of almost $50,000.00. But this very expensive intervention effort ended in failure.

Dr. Cathleen Mann, who holds a doctorate in psychology and has been a licensed counselor in the state of Colorado since 1994 points out, "Nowhere does Hassan provide a base rate and/or any type or accepted statistical method defining his results..."

Steve Hassan has at times suggested to potential clients that they purchase a preliminary report based upon what he calls his "BITE" model. These "BITE reports" can potentially cost thousands of dollars.

See [corp.sec.state.ma.us]

Steve Hassan runs a for-profit corporation called "Freedom of Mind." Mr. Hassan is listed as the corporate agent for that business as well as its president and treasurer.

RI does not recommend "Freedom of Mind" as a resource.

RI also does not list or recommend Steve Hassan's books.

To better understand why Mr. Hassan's books are not recommended by RI read this detailed review of his most recently self-published book titled "Freedom of Mind."

See [www.cultnews.com]

Steve Hassan's cult intervention methodology has historically raised concerns since its inception. The book "Recovery from Cults" (W.W. Norton & Co. pp. 174-175) edited by Dr. Michael Langone states the following:

"Calling his approach 'strategic intervention [sic] therapy,' Hassan (1988) stresses that, although he too tries to communicate a body of information to cultists and to help them think independently, he also does formal counseling. As with many humanistic counseling approaches, Hassan’s runs the risk of imposing clarity, however subtly, on the framework’s foundational ambiguity and thereby manipulating the client."

RI has also learned that Mr. Hassan has had dual-relationships with his counseling clients. That is, clients seeing Mr. Hassan for counseling may also do professional cult intervention work with him.

Professionals in the field of cultic studies have also expressed concerns regarding Steven Hassan's use of hypnosis and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).

Based upon complaints and the concerns expressed about Mr. Hassan RI does not recommend Steve Hassan for counseling, intervention work or any other form of professional consultation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2013 09:33PM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: jeeperscreepers ()
Date: October 31, 2009 09:48PM

Oh, and here is a great web archive link that points to Hans Berger and John Webb as having gone through LifeSpring training, in which the Bergers have taken many of the ideas of that L.arge G.roup A.wareness T.raining to use in their own.The Awareness Page Web Archive

Here is a well researched blog about Large Group Awareness Trainings: The Truth about LGAT's

The actual processes that occur at LGAT's are outlined here. These are eerily similar to Qwest and Summit. LGAT's

Posted by: Glaucon ()
Date: November 11, 2009 05:38AM

I occasionally look here:

[www.ripoffreport.com]

At the bottom of the page is this last post :

--------------------------------------------------

Impact Training is only for those who WANT change!

While reading a lot of the 'negatives' of Impact - I must say that those who don't like it - I believe can stick it where the sun don't shine (!) lol ~ I, being a Graduate of their teachings - can say is I had to do all the work - not the other way around (!) This is NOT a cult. If you ask me, the CHURCH is the biggest CULT of all. Telling people to listen to them only and not themselves - now that is what I call the kettle being black.

Not everyone wants to change - some just want to cause havoc by being negative and generally being a *&^*disturber - that's why they feel the need to judge and assume while thinking they are the 'saviors' of supposed victims. Self help outside a church should always be open to discussion but for those who have 'issues' within themselves - well, just hear the whining, the negatives, the twisted accusations of the ego to be 'right'. What a joke.

The only reason there is darkness in this world - is for the rest of the ones who are sick of it and want to rid it's ugliness from their lives. The darkness that lives in these individuals and groups will NOT go without a fight. They use hate, judgment, assumptions, threatening gestures and vile tactics to scare those off who want to get out of their dark, lonely world of FEAR. Hate groups thrive on that.

Impact has over 140,000 graduates and personally I find the people there more than open to your questions, concerns or anything else for matter. They do NOT hide from the ignorant individuals who HIDE behind their computers and use aliases to make pock shots at those who cannot defend themselves. Cowards are those who desperately need attention by putting others down. My father always said "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all"

To attack a group or individual based on ignorance and assumption is contradicting since they themselves are open to debate. Look into your own glass house before you throw your bricks and see what happens!

Impact Training is optional NOT mandatory. If you aren't stable emotionally or mentally, then this is NOT for you! I believe some of the ridiculous comments the nay-sayers on this site have to say are jealous, insecure and well, unstable...these people may belong in a mental institutions with all their malice and threatening statements towards something that is intended for positivity and love for all mankind. LOVE IS ALL THERE IS!!!

Love and light,
Tamara K Picksons
Ontario, California

-------------------------------------------------------

Wow! If this is a troll, that's some damn fine trolling Sister Picksons. Either way, I found some key points from this cosmic blunder that hopefully someone may find useful:

1. "Impact Training is only for those who WANT change!" What an arrogant statement. If the cult sees someone as critical or skeptical, they will use guilt as one way to get that person in check. "Don't you WANT it bad enough (pussy)?" It's effective because it backhandedly accuses someone of being lazy, weak, irresponsible, or cowardly.

2. "Not everyone wants to change" Well, "change" is subjective, so the cult can invent any problem or solution and credit their organization with the success, while heaping the failures on the person. If you trust me I can virtually give you limitless problems, imaginary or real, false or true, and then have you dance through shit buckets while giving you the solution to the problem I created.

3. All criticism against the cult is attacking and 'negative', said by 'negatives' (Scientology calls them SPs, Mormons call them apostates, etc). Most of us here must be jealous, insecure, unstable, disturbed, darkness filled, hateful, vile, fearful, judgmental, assuming, whining, desperate, twisted, mentally instituted, threatening, malicious, ridiculous, ignorant, cowardly nay-sayers that should stick it where the sun don't shine..................followed by "LOVE IS ALL THERE IS!!!"? Sister Picksons does what most cult members do, be love bombingly accepting and loving until someone goes against the collective, then the hypocrisy springs out like a jack in the box and the defensive/offensive programming manifests. Cults would love, just love for us to follow the bullshit of "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all".

4. "If you aren't stable emotionally or mentally, then this is NOT for you!" Hans and Sally don't give a shit. As long as you sign the waver they could care less if you have had a history of psychological illness. They only want to indoctrinate as many people as possible. Cults must save face by calling themselves an "educational program" or a "institute for higher consciousness", who supposedly deeply care for the suffering.

5. "Impact Training is optional NOT mandatory." True, but that doesn't mean the cult doesn't use the trust of family and friends as a weapon against the new recruit. Love bombing, guilt, surrounding the person only with Impact cult members, and threatening one's character as a man or woman all are used to get people into the door. Not mandatory, but nevertheless abusive.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: December 08, 2009 12:15PM

Just happened across an article on CNN entitled : "Good, bad and ugly self-help: How can you tell?" and thought it was relevant to the thread. Here's my favorite parts:

Gerald Rosen, a clinical psychologist in Seattle, Washington, says he believes more self-help books should undergo pre-publication testing -- especially those written by psychologists, who he says should be held to a high professional standard.
"When you look at a book for depression, there probably isn't a blurb on the back that says this book has been shown in studies to help 65 percent of those who have been diagnosed with this. There's just a claim that this can happen for you," said Rosen, a former chairman of the American Psychological Association's task force on self-help therapies.
Norcross says that a lack of scientific evidence isn't the only thing to look out for. Other characteristics that should make consumers wary, he says:

• Authors or speakers who don't have formal training in the featured topic. "They should look for someone with rigorous training at an accredited university and who has spent years investigating and conducting these treatments," Norcross said.
• Programs that don't screen consumers for problems. For example, Norcross says, certain programs might be harmful for a person with bipolar disorder.
• People who reject conventional knowledge and instead imply a revolutionary secret. "It's marketing, essentially," Norcross said.
• People who propose solutions for all problems instead of particular problems.
Michael Shermer, executive director of the Skeptics Society, said consumers should be wary of programs that cost a lot of money but teach no hands-on skills.
"It's one thing to pay a trade school. It's another to pay the same kind of money to ... seek a mystical effect on your prosperity," said Shermer, who holds a master's degree in experimental psychology and a doctorate in the history of science.
He also warns that the effects can be fleeting.
"Corporate America has wasted millions" on motivational seminars, Shermer said. "The marketing and sales guys get fired up, but the effects of those types of seminars are weeks at minimum, months at best. That's why a lot of them do corporate retreats every six months, because the effects fade."
Shermer suggests that consumers try out a self-help adviser's book or tape before committing to an expensive getaway "to see if there's a connection for you."
People interested in a program also should talk to previous participants at least six months after they used it, he said.
"If you talked a day after, they would have to rationalize it to a certain extent [even if it were no good] because they just paid a lot of money," Shermer said.

Date: December 09, 2009 12:59PM

I agree with the sentiment in the last post where Shermer suggests that people interested in a program should talk to previous participants at least six months after they used it. This is particularly true with Impact Trainings, because it takes at least that long to get one's mind straightened after the processing Impact inflicts on the trainee.

I suggest a 10 word plan or evaluation for looking at Quest. Just take the following 10 words and compare the perverted Impact meaning provided in the trainings to the usual, non-Impact version of the words. The words are:

hope

understand(ing)

right

wrong

try

need

deserve

judge(ment)

mind/think

heart/feel

This will give the basis for righteous judgement of Quest.

Also from time to time I like to visit impacttrainingscritic.com for anything new. This is a great, neat website that has so much clear truth. There are only a few posts in the past year, but the website is great, a classic that is almost perfect as it is. Maybe that's why it does't get much new comment.

Date: December 29, 2009 01:39PM

[skepdic.com]

This is from the new links dated just today under "What's new." This is a must read for anyone searching for enlightenment on LGATs. Thanks to Rick Ross for keeping this Website so current and informative. Note the paragraph on "hope," which Impact says does not exist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.