Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:40PM

concernedforall
Ali5683,
....I was at the all grad training at the U and saw alot of people that I miss.Although I thought the training was the same old stuff and they seemed to cut it short for some reason.They didn't even get through all the material in the pamphlet maybe because they noticed people were falling asleep.I am also having problems with sorting things out in my life.I just want you to know that someone is listening when you post on this thread and don't hold back and let it out.

Thank you for the glimpse of all grad training--2009. Does this mean that they did not do the raffle, which is usually a tool to keep the less interested/processed folks from bugging out early by making it a requirement to be in attendance to win? Earlier someone mentioned Hans' lengthy pontification. I guess the process doesn't work as well on a one day session where sleep deprivation is less of a factor.

I recall that when I found this forum and signed on it took me something like four months to work up enough courage to contribute. Feedback on my contributions was extremely helpful in recovering from the spell that Impact left on my mind. To come here and read others comments and write a few thoughts was extremely theraputic in healing the trauma created by the Impact process on my mind. To do so still brings me far, far more joy than being in the trainings ever did.

Ali5683 mentions the thought stopping canned phrases like "deserve" and "assist" cleverly designed to stop thinking in Impact. There are a host of anti-cult words that can be used as amunition to fire back at the "process." One of these is "priestcraft." I use the word "cult" as is used in one of the statements quoted elsewhere on the RR Webpage. To paraphrase it is, "a cult is a cult is a cult, unless its your own religion." The word priestcraft is so descriptive of and damaging to the Impact training process and its obvious hypocrisy. Who, after careful analysis of the Impact experience, could doubt that the trainings are priestcraft; that is the owners and trainers preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world? Their interest is not altruistic at all, but they are interested rather in financial gain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: concernedforall ()
Date: April 02, 2009 12:44PM

Hopeful Soul,
Wow!!! man you've posted a lot you know I've read this thread from beginning to end missing some pages here and there and reading some pages several times and I also get some really good theraputic satisfaction from it.I think it means a great deal to know that your not alone and others feel the same about the training.Answering your question about the graduates training in January yes they did have a raffle we sang,danced,chanted,played simon says with Justin,listened to Pamela,Darren,Hans,Sally and more.Responding to the thought stopping phrases they drive me nuts because I have several friends still deeply involved with Impact and they talk using the impact speak and I bite my tongue because I love them so dearly and don't want to lose them.I've learned alot about how these kinds of groups originated and the methods they use to persuade you and it makes me sad to know how many people in this world are under the influence of others and don't even realize it.Anyway thanks for responding to me you are the first one one on this thread to respond to me in the open.

Trust Me
Posted by: Glaucon ()
Date: April 09, 2009 12:04AM

Hello all.

If you google “Impact Trainings” the RipOff Report website shows up on the first page. Here:

[www.ripoffreport.com]

Two months ago someone calling themself Steve authored a pro Impact post on the RipOff Report site. Here it is, or scroll all the way down after you click on the above link:

Trust your friends and family, not internet strangers!
I would be surprised if people reading this trust total strangers more than their friends and family. Talk to your friends and family who have gone through this program. After talking to them, make your own decision. I trusted my wife so I went and I can't think of any aspect of my life that hasn't improved.
If you want to check it out before going, you can go to one of their “free guest presentations" on Tuesday nights. It's free and takes about 2 hours. The first level training is $495 and 4 days. If you don't like it, don't do the other levels! My personal experience is that most people love it. If you want to do the second level it is $695 and 4 more days. The third level is $695 and 5 weekends (1/2 of Friday and all Saturday). The weekends are spread apart by about 2 to 4 weeks. It is a busy 3 months and it takes commitment, but it is well worth it. I can't promise you that you will love it as much as I did and if you are reading this, you have probably read the rest of this site, so you have read some very negative things. I believe that these experiences are the exception. I am not knocking what they feel or what they have experienced, but ALL the people that I personally know that have gone through this program, feel they have benefited; even those that only did the first level.
Trust the people you know and love. Talk to them. They most likely won't talk about other people in the training or the processes they went through, so don't get frustrated if you ask about these things and they don't want to talk about them. There are plenty of questions that most would be happy to answer. Ask them questions like: Why did you go? What is different in your life now compared to before you went through this program? How long ago did you go through? What did you learn about you? Are you happier after going through? Are you happy that you went through? Knowing what you now know, would you do it all over? What was the biggest thing you got out of the program? What are your relationships like now? If they asked you to go, ask them why you feel I should go? Are you asking me because you think I need fixing? What benefit do you feel I will receive by going? Was it easy? Was it worth it? These types of questions won't tell you what they did, but will definitely let you know what they have experienced and how it has affected their lives. Trust your friends and family.
If you want to see my personal experience visit
www.fastcompany.com/user/impact-trainings-0
Steve

Hello Steve, may you read this forum. I have some questions and comments for you related to your post.

You titled it “Trust your friends and family, not internet strangers!” So should I not trust you because you are an internet stranger, or because you are not friend & family?.... Both? Both it is.

You said, “Talk to your friends and family who have gone through this program. After talking to them, make your own decision…….. My personal experience is that most people love it!” So I should surround myself with people who have been through and enjoy Impact, then make an unbiased decision?

You said “I trusted my wife so I went and I can't think of any aspect of my life that hasn't improved.” Steve, does Impact ever use the “trust” of a loved one as a manipulation tool, such as “What is so wrong with us if you don’t trust me to do this? This hurts me that we have to have this conversation, dear. I just don’t want to see you miss out on this. Am I enough for you to say yes?”

You said “The first level training is $495 and 4 days. If you don't like it, don't do the other levels!” Oh I have $495 to throw out! And in case it doesn’t work, I just won’t do the other levels. What a deal, a non-refundable deal, a have to sign a waiver deal…

You said “…..If you are reading this, you have probably read the rest of this site, so you have read some very negative things. I believe that these experiences are the exception. I am not knocking what they feel or what they have experienced, but ALL the people that I personally know that have gone through this program, feel they have benefited; even those that only did the first level.” If you classify the criticism against Impact as exceptions and negativity, how are you not knocking what they feel or what they experienced? Complaints against Impact do deal with the raping of the mind, which can cause financial and emotional dependence on the trainings and painful recovery, if there is one. But that's their fault, right, not Impact's?

Steve, you said “Trust the people you know and love. Talk to them. They most likely won't talk about other people in the training or the processes they went through, so don't get frustrated if you ask about these things and they don't want to talk about them.” So I should trust people who don’t want to talk about what I am asking about?

You said: “Ask them questions like: Why did you go? What is different in your life now compared to before you went through this program? How long ago did you go through? What did you learn about you? Are you happier after going through? Are you happy that you went through? Knowing what you now know, would you do it all over? What was the biggest thing you got out of the program? What are your relationships like now?” Those are good questions Steve, and when I asked them to my trusted family and friends who have gone through all levels of Impact they responded to them as follows: “I never should have, I now know what a cult is, I went during the time Hans was a sociopath and chummy with the ladies, nothing but what I was told, if you mean after leaving then yes, fuck no, look at previous answer, the desire to wish it didn't exist, better.....because we left Impact”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 12:06AM by Glaucon.

Re: Trust Me
Posted by: Ali5683 ()
Date: April 09, 2009 01:23AM

Wow, that is awesome! I love the responses at the bottom. Made me laugh. Especially the first one about not trusting strangers. lol

Give the guy some time and he'll be on here looking for support. He'll learn the truth when it's his turn. It took me nearly 2 years. I think those who go through LMTand those who at least staff after Lift Off see the truth behind closed doors in the office. For me I saw it the whole time and never made it to LMT but I was seriously too afraid to bring up why they gossip about so many people in the office and a bunch of other things they don't do but teach. How the trainers and office staff treat the volunteer staff and what is talked about in that office. So interesting how closed off people truly become when going through Impact. I thought I was more open but it was actually the opposite. It's almost like I developed mental tunnel "vision." I've learned over the last few months to not lecture those who are still in it. I just let them know where I stand and why, then keep my door open to them and tell them I am here if they ever want to talk or if there feelings change but good luck until then.

Anyway, thank you for sharing. Very interesting read. :)

Posted by: Glaucon ()
Date: April 09, 2009 01:33PM

Hey Ali. : )

Ali: So interesting how closed off people truly become when going through Impact. I thought I was more open but it was actually the opposite. It's almost like I developed mental tunnel "vision."

Indeed, I think that's what stuck out to me most about Steve's post. The "internet stranger" is symbolic to me of the us vs. them mentality.... I swear that around the Salt Lake City/Provo Area you can see a bubble from space.

Ali: Give the guy some time and he'll be on here looking for support.......I've learned over the last few months to not lecture those who are still in it. I just let them know where I stand and why, then keep my door open to them and tell them I am here if they ever want to talk or if there feelings change but good luck until then.

I admire your patience. I watched my family slowly get out of Impact and thought it was fabulous they did so. Then they helped me get out of the cult I was in. Not an exact science, but empathy was essential for all of us.

Date: April 18, 2009 12:42AM

I have recently gotten out, and I am now seeing how brainwashed I was, I wasted so much time and money going through these trainings, and I almost lost my family, and my husband because I learned there that if its not working for me then get out, holy hell I wish we could get the staticstics of how many families are broken up from this training, and Hans even got up and shared how there were orgies going on with some of the students and that orgies were not allowed, now thats scary! there are so many affairs going on in the impact training, its truly sad that people are just wanting to find something more in there life and they get drug into the lies of Hans and Sally Berger, they make fun of alot of the students after the traingings, and Hans truly tells the same stories over and over and over like they are rehearsed its almost boring!! often after I would leave I would think holy heck that was crazy!! and then everything he taught can be found on the internet its not like he is getting visions ect... he is just searching the internet!! He say's he use to work for Nasa hmmmm I wonder if that is even true, ( doubt it ) I feel so bad that so many of the Impact Junkies quit there jobs to move here to be closer to the training seriously they are putting the training before there families, and lives, I know of quite a few people that have even left there spouses because they don't approve of the training! what is wrong with you people family should be first, and this training is running your lives, can they not stand on there own two feet without the training! people have lost there jobs and so much money to be there, but dont worry Hans and Sally are driving nice cars and living the high life! I love when Hans says he cant trust people, but he can't even pay his dues and has how many court papers showing what he owes ( now that is not INTEGRITY ) they say they are love and light, but I promise you if you doubt them when you are in the training they will make you feel like you are a low life no good piece of crap, and then they will get rid of anyone that is a threat to them! They are not what they seem to be! I wonder has Hans ever donated any of all his money to any charities? I am curious!
Oh and one more thing I love how he says that his good friend Jesus that he claims to talk to gives him revelation, ok whatever!!
Oh my I could go on and on and on! I am just very blessed that my husband patiently waited for me to come back to my senses, so we could continue on with of normal life, and I do give credit to Impact because now I know that I am worth so much more then ther bull crap and lies! I feel bad for the poor souls that are trying so hard to come up with the money to pay for there training and are not paying there bills because they are brainwashed into thinking they should be there! save your money pay your bills and take you families on a vacation instead! that my friends is the most important thing you can do! you dont need and yes need impact to tell you your beautiful, because if you did not pay them they would not tell you that!

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:01AM

brainwashednomore
I have recently gotten out, and I am now seeing how brainwashed I was, I wasted so much time and money going through these trainings, and I almost lost my family, and my husband because I learned there that if its not working for me then get out, holy hell I wish we could get the staticstics of how many families are broken up from this training, and Hans even got up and shared how there were orgies going on with some of the students and that orgies were not allowed, now thats scary! there are so many affairs going on in the impact training, its truly sad that people are just wanting to find something more in there life and they get drug into the lies of Hans and Sally Berger, they make fun of alot of the students after the traingings, and Hans truly tells the same stories over and over and over like they are rehearsed its almost boring!! often after I would leave I would think holy heck that was crazy!! and then everything he taught can be found on the internet its not like he is getting visions ect... he is just searching the internet!! He say's he use to work for Nasa hmmmm I wonder if that is even true, ( doubt it ) I feel so bad that so many of the Impact Junkies quit there jobs to move here to be closer to the training seriously they are putting the training before there families, and lives, I know of quite a few people that have even left there spouses because they don't approve of the training! what is wrong with you people family should be first, and this training is running your lives, can they not stand on there own two feet without the training! people have lost there jobs and so much money to be there, but dont worry Hans and Sally are driving nice cars and living the high life! I love when Hans says he cant trust people, but he can't even pay his dues and has how many court papers showing what he owes ( now that is not INTEGRITY ) they say they are love and light, but I promise you if you doubt them when you are in the training they will make you feel like you are a low life no good piece of crap, and then they will get rid of anyone that is a threat to them! They are not what they seem to be! I wonder has Hans ever donated any of all his money to any charities? I am curious!
Oh and one more thing I love how he says that his good friend Jesus that he claims to talk to gives him revelation, ok whatever!!
Oh my I could go on and on and on! I am just very blessed that my husband patiently waited for me to come back to my senses, so we could continue on with of normal life, and I do give credit to Impact because now I know that I am worth so much more then ther bull crap and lies! I feel bad for the poor souls that are trying so hard to come up with the money to pay for there training and are not paying there bills because they are brainwashed into thinking they should be there! save your money pay your bills and take you families on a vacation instead! that my friends is the most important thing you can do! you dont need and yes need impact to tell you your beautiful, because if you did not pay them they would not tell you that!

Hi brainwashednomore, I wish you luck in getting over the mental conditioning. It can take some time to fully heal but the first step, obviously, is walking away so congratulations on making it that far!

Date: April 18, 2009 05:42AM

I have been through all the LM3 trainings I would love to answer any questions concerning these Mastery trainings!
I have a good story but hesitate to share it openly!

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: April 18, 2009 10:40PM

Brainwashednomore,

Sounds like you have valuable, current information to share on Impact Trainings. Here is something to think about with the perspective you now have in your post-Impact, state of mental recovery. Impact would never use the following quote from Ben Franklin because it goes against their core training doctrine. It concerns right and wrong and thinking. Impact is fond of quoting folks like Albert Einstein or Ben Franklin only when to do so serves their purposes of brainwashing trainees, as you can now more fully appreciate. Ben said, "The foundation of all happiness is thinking rightly." I think there were never more powerful words to expose the real content of Impact Trainings. I have a word for Impact that is a logical conclusion from what Ben said so well; and that is, "The foundation of all unhappiness is thinking wrongly. " Even better, I say, "The foundation of all unhappiness is not thinking."

To give proper credit, this Ben Franklin quote was used by M. Russell Ballard in a March 11, 2004 address at BYU during the opening of the Marriot School's Center for Economic Self-Reliance. It can also be found on page 55 of the March 2009 "Ensign."

Posted by: jeeperscreepers ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:34AM

Why did this thread title become "Trust Me?"

Where did exImpact ever go?

Oh well. Anyways, glad you added your throughts brainwashednomore. I went through all trainings as well. Left long ago though. I let their teachings control my head and thinking for some time after i left, though. The longer I go without, the better. I saw another glimmer of hope yesterday in being able get on with my life. What a mind twist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.